Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Final Running of the Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    So now after the 8.5 race tomorrow night at least 5 people will be off the list that really belong on the list because all these guys are members here and did not post there times up.Most people said by the way i read it, they are street cars.
    Since Im in an mood to stretch the topic......WHATS YOUR POINT? NO ONE is forcing them to post or not to post. Its THEIR decision. And yes they are "street" cars, actually Racecars that drive on the street.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Since Im in an mood to stretch the topic......WHATS YOUR POINT? NO ONE is forcing them to post or not to post. Its THEIR decision. And yes they are "street" cars, actually Racecars that drive on the street.
    what does a 5.5 1/8th mile coast to in the 1/4, lol
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    the 8.5 guys run 1/8 mile and i'm not sure how many if any have been to the cruises / shootouts etc..

if not, then they would have to drive the car to the track tomorrow, and run 1/4 mile, if they drive to the track, imo they rate being on the list
    Most of cars can roll thru in high 9's.But some have been in the mid to high 8's.
    Last edited by fasthawk; 10-20-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Most of them reliaze they are really not street cars but yes they can drive them on the street

Most of them reliaze they are really not street cars but yes they can drive them on the street
    I remember the nights we all use to cruise up to M-town.

What ever happened to JK?

I remember the nights we all use to cruise up to M-town.

What ever happened to JK?
    He opened up a creamy whip in mainville

the 8.5 guys run 1/8 mile and i'm not sure how many if any have been to the cruises / shootouts etc..

if not, then they would have to drive the car to the track tomorrow, and run 1/4 mile, if they drive to the track, imo they rate being on the list
    Since tomorrow is the running of the ponies they all qualify. And 5.50's coast through in the
    Mid 8's.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by stocknotch View Post
    Since tomorrow is the running of the ponies they all qualify. And 5.50's coast through in the
    Mid 8's.
    times qualify all the time.

tomorrows "running of the dozen" is a "drive to" event for those that have not driven during the SCS or driven to the cruise ins to be able to add them to the list

if you haven't driven during the scs or driven to either of the cruise ins, the times will not be added
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Unload at the corner of harrison and eastmiami and drive from there.

times qualify all the time.

tomorrows "running of the dozen" is a "drive to" event for those that have not driven during the SCS or driven to the cruise ins to be able to add them to the list

if you haven't driven during the scs or driven to either of the cruise ins, the times will not be added
    It's not a drive to event. The running of the dozen at tristate you were allowed trailers. I trailered mine last year. See this is the issue,rules are made up as you go along. And I've seen cars unloaded a Quaker Steak and Lube.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Unload at the corner of harrison and eastmiami and drive from there.
    there ya go
    2022 F150 10.76

It's not a drive to event. The running of the dozen at tristate you were allowed trailers. I trailered mine last year. See this is the issue,rules are made up as you go along. And I've seen cars unloaded a Quaker Steak and Lube.
    car has to be a street car, that definition is vague. if the car has never been on the street, it's not a street car is it?

the scs' and cruise ins are over. people made it or they didn't

this is being added strictly to try to get guys added to the dozen, and you still get the bitch and whine.

it's just like keeping the tracks open til the end of the year to try to get more people on, a couple years ago, you wouldn't still have opportunity this late in the year. No one is ever happy
    Last edited by beefcake; 10-20-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    2022 F150 10.76

Right so guys from Dayton and Columbus are expected to drive from there to edgewater. That's a joke and you know it. Its called making up the rules as you go.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

car has to be a street car, that definition is vague. if the car has never been on the street, it's not a street car is it?

the scs' and cruise ins are over. people made it or they didn't

this is being added strictly to try to get guys added to the dozen, and you still get the bitch and whine.

it's just like keeping the tracks open til the end of the year to try to get more people on, a couple years ago, you wouldn't still have opportunity this late in the year. No one is ever happy
    Just because someone doesn't make a 50 mile cruise doesn't mean its never on the street.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

This is EXACTLY why I started doing the SCS.

Im thinking NEXT year the DD will be a list running all year with a shoot-out in the fall to run for the sticker. There will be enough notice, so those who need to call in sick that day, can. Those who are planning a wedding, can change their day. Those wanting to go boating, can boat another weekend. etc etc etc.
    Hopefully Sean will have another Day at E20 so we can tie it in with his event and get even more money raised for his sons charity.

No one will be completely happy but the way you guys are blocking fast cars is bogus.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Right so guys from Dayton and Columbus are expected to drive from there to edgewater. That's a joke and you know it. Its called making up the rules as you go.
    no one said you have to drive that far. just prove your street worthiness.

you know wtf i'm talking about.

a car that hasn't been driven once, been trailered to one or two things all year, and runs a number, and gets a spot.

that simply doesn't qualify and isn't fair to cars that actually drive to the cruise ins or the scs or whatever.

But, since you say it, what is a joke about a street car driving an hour to the track??

if a street car can't drive a friggin hour, then it's not a street car imo

i drive just over an hour each way "every time i go to the local track".

every time. car has not been trailered once this year. it may not be the fastest, but it's actually more at risk than a 9.50 or 9.0 3000 lb "street car". it's a 4000 lb car, the power it takes to get that weight moving, and the weight itself are a much higher risk for a car like mine.

if it's a street car, drive it on the street? lol

No one will be completely happy but the way you guys are blocking fast cars is bogus.
    who's block what?

we just added 2 more weeks to try to get people on the list? how the hell is that blocking?

it would be much easier to block by saying "scs" and cruise ins are over and your out
    2022 F150 10.76

This is EXACTLY why I started doing the SCS.

Im thinking NEXT year the DD will be a list running all year with a shoot-out in the fall to run for the sticker. There will be enough notice, so those who need to call in sick that day, can. Those who are planning a wedding, can change their day. Those wanting to go boating, can boat another weekend. etc etc etc.
    Hopefully Sean will have another Day at E20 so we can tie it in with his event and get even more money raised for his sons charity.
    Best idea I've herd so far.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Ive driven my (former)car from NKY up to M-town and my other (former)car from Colerain to M-town. Whats your point? I can remember quite a few of the Dayton guys driving their Stangs down to the Cruise ins, and they will tell you they did!!

Ive driven my (former)car from NKY up to M-town and my other (former)car from Colerain to M-town. Whats your point? I can remember quite a few of the Dayton guys driving their Stangs down to the Cruise ins, and they will tell you they did!!
    thats what i'm saying. I know we don't always agree on all points, but i know you've made the trek long distances in your car. I know metcalf will drive his car distances in the past as well (even though he's not here), and drives the car on the street all the time
    2022 F150 10.76

Thread Information