Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Final Running of the Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by stocknotch View Post
    No one will be completely happy but the way you guys are blocking fast cars is bogus.
    If I wanted to block fast cars, I would require the cars running to be on REAL DOTs.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    This is EXACTLY why I started doing the SCS.

Im thinking NEXT year the DD will be a list running all year with a shoot-out in the fall to run for the sticker. There will be enough notice, so those who need to call in sick that day, can. Those who are planning a wedding, can change their day. Those wanting to go boating, can boat another weekend. etc etc etc.
    Hopefully Sean will have another Day at E20 so we can tie it in with his event and get even more money raised for his sons charity.
    Going to have to make it after pokerrun weekend.Thats the end of boating season.

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    no one said you have to drive that far. just prove your street worthiness.

you know wtf i'm talking about.

a car that hasn't been driven once, been trailered to one or two things all year, and runs a number, and gets a spot.

that simply doesn't qualify and isn't fair to cars that actually drive to the cruise ins or the scs or whatever.

But, since you say it, what is a joke about a street car driving an hour to the track??

if a street car can't drive a friggin hour, then it's not a street car imo

i drive just over an hour each way "every time i go to the local track".

every time. car has not been trailered once this year. it may not be the fastest, but it's actually more at risk than a 9.50 or 9.0 3000 lb "street car". it's a 4000 lb car, the power it takes to get that weight moving, and the weight itself are a much higher risk for a car like mine.

if it's a street car, drive it on the street? lol

who's block what?

we just added 2 more weeks to try to get people on the list? how the hell is that blocking?

it would be much easier to block by saying "scs" and cruise ins are over and your out
    with out the scs no cars would qualify. How many cars were at the spring cruise in? 20? You guys are losing your support. At least the scs in popular and its not a true SBZ event its open to all boards.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    Going to have to make it after pokerrun weekend.Thats the end of boating season.
    Thats possible, are you racing?

If I wanted to block fast cars, I would require the cars running to be on REAL DOTs.
    I wasn't talking to you.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

with out the scs no cars would qualify. How many cars were at the spring cruise in? 20? You guys are losing your support. At least the scs in popular and its not a true SBZ event its open to all boards.
    not true, there are quite a few cars on the list that have posted times that i personally saw at the spring / fall or both cruise ins
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

SCS was based on Vinnys DD. Only thing I did was allow other cars in. Which I think Vinny wouldve done to get more people off their butts and down to the track!

Well have fun guys. I'm not going tomorrow anyway. I'm on my way to the fall crawl

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Thats possible, are you racing?
    Can't compete with race/ street cars.

Well have fun guys. I'm not going tomorrow anyway. I'm on my way to the fall crawl
    So you just like arguing?

lmao
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    Can't compete with race/ street cars.

I will also point out, threats and personal attacks don't go very far. I am doing a job that NOBODY wants to do, as it constantly leads to headache and grief.
    LOL, Now I have offered to help in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
    Why do you think that is Terry?
    Oh I don't know the ECONOMY maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Whyucryn View Post
    I vote for either Tim Duncan (Timido) or Jeff (jeffs88coupe) to run the DD next year. Both of these guys are stand up guys and respectful to everyone equally. I think everyone on here respects both members and respect goes a long way. I'm sure there is others that would do a great job but these two get my vote. Beefcake, noone likes you.....GTFO!!!!
    LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    I don't care who runs it next year it will be the same whining and bitching over a sticker next year.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    I would think if you decide in the spring when and where the race is to take place then I don't see any reason why all the people who bitch and moan about the rules can't plan to make the race if the sticker is so f'n important. You don't see NMRA or NMCA events scheduled around someone's work schedule. Either you can make it or you can't and if you can't then better luck next year.
    Exactly!
    2006 GT "The Red Baron"

River Valley Mechanical Services
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preci...00966923341883
    Autism Awareness:
    Show support and "LIKE" the page!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Racers...m/321047866784

car has to be a street car, that definition is vague. if the car has never been on the street, it's not a street car is it?

the scs' and cruise ins are over. people made it or they didn't

this is being added strictly to try to get guys added to the dozen, and you still get the bitch and whine.

it's just like keeping the tracks open til the end of the year to try to get more people on, a couple years ago, you wouldn't still have opportunity this late in the year. No one is ever happy
    My car broke 3 weeks after scs.All because of a bad rocker arm.I'm glad I have till the track closes to have a chance back on!!!
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013
    Fall 2011 Cincy Speed SCS Winner

Quote Originally Posted by cobrajoe View Post
    [COLOR="Red"]

Oh I don't know the ECONOMY maybe?

the economy is keeping about 10 cars that have ran a number this year and would top the list from posting up?

Quote Originally Posted by NO SHOT View Post
    My car broke 3 weeks after scs.All because of a bad rocker arm.I'm glad I have till the track closes to have a chance back on!!!
    Your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
    the economy is keeping about 10 cars that have ran a number this year and would top the list from posting up?
    who cares. Really who cares?

I keep hearing about people that aren't posting times from u

Waaaaa waaaaa. Waaaaa. Do u have a car to post?

If the time isn't posted then it doesn't go on the list. If there is a secret society dozen. Then great for.them. other than that. Who gives a fuk about something that doesn't exist.

I hear Elvis is in tennessee, but until I see him who gives a.fuk

How many cars were at the spring cruise in? 20?
    Well actually there were well over 40 cars, with about over 100 people in attendance, JUST from SBZ, according to my records that I have from the day. We had over 65 cars racing and well over 350 people at the track that day for the Spring Cruise in and Private Race Day, "The Preston Cup". It was a great time and great weather.

Back On topic:

I got the car back together, the head stud leaked AGAIN, so I put a couple GM coolant tablets in, and no more leak I am ready to go and beat the crap out of this new setup I got. It would be nice to break my Old PB of 11.56.
    98 Silvermist Grand Prix GTP. Just a couple of mods
    PB of 11.56 @ 118 w/ 1.73 60' and Front Wheel Drive.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGTP View Post
    Well actually there were well over 40 cars, with about over 100 people in attendance, JUST from SBZ, according to my records that I have from the day. We had over 65 cars racing and well over 350 people at the track that day for the Spring Cruise in and Private Race Day, "The Preston Cup". It was a great time and great weather.

Back On topic:

I got the car back together, the head stud leaked AGAIN, so I put a couple GM coolant tablets in, and no more leak I am ready to go and beat the crap out of this new setup I got. It would be nice to break my Old PB of 11.56.
    Funny how facts differ from BS lol

I wasnt talking about his track day private race. I was talking about the qs&l cruise in.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Thread Information