Thread: Trouble getting new setup started?????

Trouble getting new setup started?????

I have my 90 gt an I just put gt40 heads with trick flow valve springs an 1.6 roller rockers on it with 42 pound injectors I have a sct 3000 mass air meter tuned for my old 30 pound injectors so its not tuned for new injectors but I needed to start it to get it warmed up so I can retorque head bolts an adjust rockers but when I went to start it it wouldnt start unless I held throttle to the floor when I got it started I timed it turned it off an the same thing when I went to restart had to hold it to the floor do you all think it would be because the mass air meter isn't tuned for them injectors yet everything seemed OK once started just idled a little rough any input would be appreciated thanks

Dont qoute me, but check the plugs, make sure that you are getting good spark to ignite all that fuel.
    Bottle Fed

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1989 View Post
    Dont qoute me, but check the plugs, make sure that you are getting good spark to ignite all that fuel.
    She's getting plenty of spark while he cranked it I played with the dizzy to get it to start and once it started it timed very easy and my dumbass made the mistake of leaning on the wire cap from coil and it shocked the Hell out of me. It's getting plenty of fuel and spark just have to hold wide to get it going

i would say get the mass air meter cal and then try and whats you fuel psi at try turning it down alittle
    1990 mustang lx convertible 5.0 almost all stock, best time so far 14.796 @ 93.48 new motor and trans coming this winter i hope

We did notice upon start It blows lots of blackish smoke so its def gettin way to much fuel

mass air problem

This is what we where thinking I'm goin to get a hold of Adam at s an m an see when I can get it tuned it is definitely really rich when she starts she blows alot of black smoke I'm goin to pull a plug out an see how rich it is

Your running about 30% too much fuel at any given time with that injector and Mass Air combo. About what you want if you were running E85, but obviously way too rich for gasoline. If you have or are planning to have a chip to tune the car get whoever is going to do it to write up a start up tune to compensate for the difference in air meter instead of buying a brand new meter.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

Quote Originally Posted by 05yellowgt View Post
    Your running about 30% too much fuel at any given time with that injector and Mass Air combo. About what you want if you were running E85, but obviously way too rich for gasoline. If you have or are planning to have a chip to tune the car get whoever is going to do it to write up a start up tune to compensate for the difference in air meter instead of buying a brand new meter.
    I believe he has talked about running e85

my meter is is tunable for any injector i beleive an i have heard of getting a start up tune adam at s an m will be the one tuning it he said he would change my meter from the 30 to 42 so hopefully he can fix the problem thanks for the info
    1990 mustang gt- sold
    new project- ls 6 speed swapped into 94 s10

Quote Originally Posted by 90fastgt View Post
    my meter is is tunable for any injector i beleive an i have heard of getting a start up tune adam at s an m will be the one tuning it he said he would change my meter from the 30 to 42 so hopefully he can fix the problem thanks for the info

Adam tuned my fresh built 347 he did a fantastic job and I had to have a break in tune done basically just a baseline tune no WOT something you can drive it around a bit and break it in.....

Quote Originally Posted by 90fastgt View Post
    Any meter (so long as it is not being pegged) can be tuned for a different injector in the ECU programming. Sounds like you are going to get taken care of so thats good.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

Thread Information