Let me preface this by saying this thread is more to help me out, as I will have a million questions. Long story short, I bought the car when I was 17, with my whole life savings. It was an awesome DD, but has been parked in the garage sinc Dec. 2010. I am too attached to part with her and am finally getting to the point to where I am not afraid to tear into things, learning as I go along.

The build is going to be a slow one and on a tight budget. My ultimate goal is to have a fun driver and something that I can participate in a few UMTR races. I have been collecting parts and tools as I go and still need a lot to finish. (The wife has to sign my permission slip for everything I buy)

Here is the car when I was 17, with some sweeeeet American Racing wheels lol.

Last day the car was driven with the v6.

Engine and trans pulled.

89' 302

Freshly powdercoated intake!

How she sits now.

Plans are pretty basic. Using the shortblock and going carb'd. I want to go with a tfs1 cam, 1.6 roller rockers, 650 dp, msd dist and 6al. I have been looking at both Astro Performance and Promotion trans, I want to stick with a t5. Plan on going with an 8.8 with 4.10s. As far as fuel, I want to sump the stock tank, use a Holley Blue fp, and fully braided line.

I am by no means a mechanic, this is going to be a huge learning experience full of trials and errors. I will have a million questions and any help and advice is greatly appreciated.