Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Project, about time!

I haven't updated this in awhile and the car collected dust for awhile. Watching Craig's progress, hanging out at TSR, and attending OSCR really got me motivated. The last time the car ran, NA and with a carb, it ran 13.1 and I wasn't happy. I parked it and started collecting parts. Since then, I've wanted to redo everything and do it right, within my means and still on a budget. (My detective salary doesn't go too far).

The TKO600 is in. The rear is now welded tubes, 31 spline, factory springs with one coil cut, and Metco upper now lower control arms. It's still a sbe 302 with an old set of TFS 170s and tfs1 cam. It's now fuel injection with an Aeromotive A100 pump and Siemen Deka 80s (hoping to run E85). I went with a Chinabay hot side, made the cold side, Treadstone IC, and a small Borg S366. I've really spent time getting unnecessary weight out of the car. I went with a factory replacement fox body manual rack and used a bump steer kit made by Maximum Motorsports to keep my SN95 A arms (tubular aren't in the budget yet). Converted to Strange coil overs up from with single adjustable struts.

Sticking to the budget, I'm using Megasquirt MS3x and doing a Raspberry Pi dash. This has been the biggest learning curve and the hardest for me. I am currently building the harness and learning as I go. I want to do sequential injection so I am now switching to a hall effect distributor and crank trigger. It's all foreign to me and I get lost pretty quickly. Thankfully my buddy Brad at TSR has kept me going and been super helpful. It's a slow process with major growing pains, but I'm getting there.

I still have a long way to go, but the goal is to go 10s this summer. It's definitely not breaking any records or fast by today standards by any means, but it should be a fun little budget street car. Next we split the block and have a reason to go with a Dart SHP block.

upload image anonymous

dungeons and dragons dice roller

Woot!! Im glad I could be a motivator for ya!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Thread Information