Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project, about time!

project is looking good hope to see it out this summer are you using the bellhousing and fork you got from me

Looking good

Yep plan on using that bellhousing. I was hoping to use these headers with the P heads, but there are a few cylinders that the plugs are really close. I don't think I can get a wire on. Has anyone used the accel short plugs or have any tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by bennyboy View Post
    project is looking good hope to see it out this summer are you using the bellhousing and fork you got from me

I have gt40p heads also, I ended up getting some MSD plug wires that I had to make they have 90 degree angles on the boots then they clear the headers.

Dump those headers and get a set of bbk shorties they clear all the plugs really well I had to use 1 90 degree boot
    1992 lx 5.0 5 speed stock and slow but looks good!

Yeah, I think I will have to go another route with the headers. I am trying to keep it as much of a budget build as possible, I will keep my eye out for some BBK. I also decided to pull the water pump off and go with one that turns the same direction as the crank pulley since I won't be running ac or power steering. I hope to swap out the rear end and have the engine and trans bolted in by next weekend.

Well I went two steps forward and one step back. I swapped the headers out for some Ford Racing P headers, much better clearance, but my overkill Roush wires still won't work. Swapped the water pump out for one that turns clockwise.

Got the King Cobra clutch in and oe replacement flywheel. Got the motor and trans in, but made another rookie mistake. The 7qt oil pan is not going to cut it. Starter won't fit and clutch cable won't go through the bellhousing. So I need to find a stock oil pan.

The billet alternator bracket is giving me a headache, It clears the waterpump pulley, however it's too close for comfort as you can see in the pics. I also think it will be in the way of the water neck coming off of the intake. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hope to have the 8.8 next weekend and work out some of the problem areas. It's been a good learning experience, but it seems like it's been a lot of work for a 14 second car.

I still need a stock oil pan and starter if anyone has them for cheap. I would like to use some of my stock gauges, but don't know much about wiring. Is it possible to use my stock tach, oil pressure, etc?

I've got a starter you can have for free. I think it's an Autozone/Pepboys/Advance etc.. reman.

I'm in the Erlanger/Independence area, I think you bought a timing cover from me last summer ??

-Scott
    -----------------------------------------
    Scott
    93 Coupe
    66 Fastback

You are my favorite person in the world right now. Just let me know when to come get it and I will be there.

Nice progress
    2015 Gt

Out with the 7.5" and in with the 8.8"

What gear you running

Looks great. I know what your saying its a slow process but all worth it in the end
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

Quote Originally Posted by mustang_gt88 View Post
    What gear you running
    3.73. Wanted to go with 4.10, but this already had 3.73s in it.

Did you ever figure out that alternator bracket?

Nope, I got frustrated and haven't touched it again, ebay crap. I will probably just end up getting a stock bracket and tensioner.

looking good. I know what u mean about the learning experience. its been a rough road for me too. just figure your almost done and will be fun to cruise in. keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by 98stangv6 View Post
    Nope, I got frustrated and haven't touched it again, ebay crap. I will probably just end up getting a stock bracket and tensioner.
    It looks like a march piece... I'm guessing not. I can get some measurements on mine and compare, cause mine is super close to the water pump pulley too, but it clears completely

You cant machine down that spacer about an 1/8 inch or so?cant tell in the pic
    2015 Gt

I agree the spacers look to long. You can go to March and get the right spacers or just trim them down

Thread Information