Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project, about time!

I had a similar issue with my 85 with the 347
    2015 Gt

It looks like that oil pan has kick outs, if that's so that is the real problem with the pan.
    You can get the correct high capacity pan from Moroso or even Ford Racing.
    Does the engine have a high volume oil pan? If so you may want to avoid a stock pan because them pumps can suck the pan dry and cause major issues?
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

I just put a standard volume pump back in. I have a stock pan now.

I was starting to think the jack stands were rusted to the floor, but I made some progress the past few days and she got to touch the ground. I got the stock gas tank and 7.5 rear end out. I got the 8.8" in, stock oil pan on, drive shaft, figured out the alternator bracket, etc. Next up with fuel system and wiring (not looking forward to either).

Problems I am running into:
    1) I want to attempt to use as many stock gauges as possible, but don't know where to start.

2) My stock v6 T5 clutch cable will not hold into my 95 v8 clutch fork where it hooks in.

3) I need more money!

4) Wiring sucks.

5) Hoping my stock v6 radiator will keep it cool.

Its coming along
    2015 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by SN95N/A View Post
    Its coming along
    Ha yeah,,,, at this pace it should be running in about two years or so!

Haven't had much time to touch the car. We had our little boy May 25th. Did some little odds and ends things last night and realized that the driver side header is touching the solid motor mount.

Nice Build. I just bought a 1994 Cobra not too long ago and It's growing on me every time I drive it.

First start up! It might be out rigged out of a gas can, but at least we know she will run.

View My Video

Well, she is running and drove around the block a few times. I only caught one plug wire boot on fire!

I wasn't able to find anything to tap into for my exciter wire, so it's on a push start right now. I think it's due to the PATS system. The theft light flashes constantly. Anyone else had this problem?

My timing is wayyyy off, time to tear the duraspark apart to see which reluctor arms it has and change the springs. Are there any duraspark gurus on here?

I hope to get it more road worthy this weekend and I will post some videos. It sounds a little bit different from the old V6.

Quote Originally Posted by 98stangv6 View Post
    Well, she is running and drove around the block a few times. I only caught one plug wire boot on fire!

I wasn't able to find anything to tap into for my exciter wire, so it's on a push start right now. I think it's due to the PATS system. The theft light flashes constantly. Anyone else had this problem?

My timing is wayyyy off, time to tear the duraspark apart to see which reluctor arms it has and change the springs. Are there any duraspark gurus on here?

I hope to get it more road worthy this weekend and I will post some videos. It sounds a little bit different from the old V6.
    Good to hear !!! .
    -----------------------------------------
    Scott
    93 Coupe
    66 Fastback

Wat u wanna know bout a duraspark dizzy? Pull the Jesus clip an reluctor ring an see wat advance u got it on. If it has the 10L setting use it an set for 35* total timing an don't use vacuum advance. Should get u 14-16* base timing. If don't have 10L setting weld gap to. 357
    The HOOPTIE

Well I tore apart the duraspark tonight. Welded up the slot to .361". This should put it in the area of an 8L. I left the lighter factory spring on one side and put the Mr. Gasket very light spring on the other. I am afraid the full timing will come it too quickly with both Mr. Gasket springs, they are extremely light tension. I am going to start out running around 16* of initial timing, so I should have about around 32* of total timing and I will work up from there. Hopefully I am correct and this makes a noticeable difference.

I think I saw you on 17 today around 5:15-30 ?! It sounded great if that was you !!
    -----------------------------------------
    Scott
    93 Coupe
    66 Fastback

Thanks. That was me, third time it's been out, running around with no hood. Still have a lot of little bugs to work out.

Congrats, I'm sure you want it on the road but you'll have all winter to sort it out!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Looking good.

Looking good.

I've been driving the car around quite a bit. Still need to find an air cleaner that will let me use the stock hood.

Car pulls pretty well, but I still don't think it's running as good as it could. I have been learning a lot about carbs and trying my best, but am stumped right now. The car has a bad hesitation/stumble at low rpms while just cruising around. If I am at cruising speed, say in 4th gear, under 2500 rpms and attempt to easily accelerate, it's bad. I can't tell if the car is loading up, not getting enough fuel, etc. If I give it more gas it starts to pull a lot better after getting over 3k rpms.

Carb is brand new QuickFuel Slayer 600 cfm with vacuum secondary. Holley Blue electric fuel pump and regulator at 6.5 psi. Unsure what to try next.

Could be the power valve, vacuum secondary, accelerator pump or even the accelerator pump adjustment
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Thread Information