Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Never Ending 98 GT Project

Lol.

Reviving an old post. The year didn’t go as planned. Swapped to a 2018 intake and picked up 2 HP and lost 35 ft-lbs. The I took the car to NMRA finals and broke it on the first pass. Spun a rod bearing which really puts a damper on the winter plans. I had picked up an Edelbrock TVS and I was trying to figure out to cover the blower, fuel system, and a cage. Now I need a new engine. It’s sucks but that’s racing.

I picked up a set of Oliver billet rods and Mike is going to order some custom CP pistons and a new boss crank. More than likely I’ll have the block sleeved and heads ported while it’s all apart. I guess when it’s back on the track I’ll skip the 10s and go straight for the 9s.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    Reviving an old post. The year didn’t go as planned. Swapped to a 2018 intake and picked up 2 HP and lost 35 ft-lbs. The I took the car to NMRA finals and broke it on the first pass. Spun a rod bearing which really puts a damper on the winter plans. I had picked up an Edelbrock TVS and I was trying to figure out to cover the blower, fuel system, and a cage. Now I need a new engine. It’s sucks but that’s racing.

I picked up a set of Oliver billet rods and Mike is going to order some custom CP pistons and a new boss crank. More than likely I’ll have the block sleeved and heads ported while it’s all apart. I guess when it’s back on the track I’ll skip the 10s and go straight for the 9s.
    What intake did you originally have on there? I was thinking about the 18 and then some PAC springs, since Im shifting mine at 8400.
    Sucks that yours broke on the first pass.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

It had the stock 2012 F150 intake on it before the 2018’intake. We’re going to put the 2018 intake on Mike’s 2013 to see if it was a fluke.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

My new pistons arrived.

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Nice looking set of pistons you have there!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Nice!
    What brand are those?
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

They’re custom Pistons from DSS. They’ll look nice on the Oliver billet rods I picked up, it’s just too bad no one will see them once it’s all together.

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

That is why we do build threads. So at least people get to see the parts sometime. Haha. It is always sad the most expensive parts are under and inside our cars where we dont get to see them or show them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Those are spiffy, should work well for the application.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

What bore?

I went with .010 over. I considered going 3.700 but I wanted to leave as much material as possible.

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Did you guys ever get to putting the 18 manifold on Mike's car to see if it was indeed a fluke? I was about to pick up a 18 manifold for my 11, if it doesnt gain much, I'm just going to pick up a Boss manifold.
    2011 Black on Black GT

2018 intake over boss, plenty of comparisons out there that price that. Need RPM to take advantage of either.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    2018 intake over boss, plenty of comparisons out there that price that. Need RPM to take advantage of either.
    I've read plenty of them. Curious to hear this one.
    2011 Black on Black GT

We haven’t tried it on his car yet.

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Nice set of slugs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

All the parts are at BES. They’re sleeving the block and doing all the other machine work. I’m aiming to have it running by May 1st

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    All the parts are at BES. They’re sleeving the block and doing all the other machine work. I’m aiming to have it running by May 1st
    When did you drop it off? What ETA did they give you?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    When did you drop it off? What ETA did they give you?
    Lol, months

Thread Information