Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 2013 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread

The 2013 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread

This is the thread where you congrat someone, tell someone they suck, bitch, complain, call out someone, etc. If you do it in the et thread, I'll delete it, keep doing it, and I'll spank you.

That said.

Originally Posted by vinny5oh
    Here ya go.....

Also, you can expect things to shake out at the end of this season to level the street-car vs race-car issue. We're going to pick a test and tune day at the end of the season, have all potential dozen members meet at a set location and DRIVE to the track and make passes. This will weed out the 5 gallon fuel cell race cars, prove their street credibility as well as keep the list local. If you can't make a test and tune session around here then you aren't local. We may recquire that all dozen list members attend the fall cruise-in as well to once again prove their street creds as well as their involvement with this site. We don't need one-post-wonders claiming to be a SBZ member, making the cut and leaving somebody off the list with more of a street car and more time on this site.

So with that, I'll start the first round.
    "His car isn't really a street car" is something I hear a lot. Problem is, everybody's opinion on what a true street car is will be different. As the rules sit right now, a street car is defined as having license, tags and insurance. I made it this way only to parallel the NMRA Wild Street definition. This is probably the toughest one to call so making these cars come out on the street to stay on the list will make things more fair in my opinion. This can be accomplished by requiring the cars to drive to the track at least once and/or showing up at our big cruise-ins.

Remember kids, this is for fun, bragging rights and a decal....nothing more. No big money prizes, no sponsorship deals, no trophies....just some good ole boys bringing out their cars and putting a beating on 1320 feet of tarmac!

Thanks for reading

This was Vinnys idea and we are going to respect him by keeping his rules and try and keep this simple....

-A Participating member of Stangbangerz.
    **That means, you show up to SBZ events and get-togethers.

**AND**

**you are an active member on Stangbangerz forums (posting 100 things for sale is NOT an active member)

-Runs must be made at a local T&T at Edgewater, Kil-Kare or Tri-State with fellow SBZ members witnessing them (these are our local tracks)

-Times ran at NMRA Norwalk, National Trail, or Bowling Green will be eligible.

-A Ford-powered Mustang/Capri with insurance, tags and registration matching the car. Pump gas, race gas, slicks, radials, whatever... But exhaust must run through a muffler of some sort. Turbos do NOT count as mufflers.

-Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

-New Rule for Broke / Change combo. This always seems to be a problem. If you break or change your combo, you are not off the list. Everyone is always trying new things, and pushing the envelope. If you break, or change your combo, you still need to post up that you broke, or are changing your combo. When you bring the car back out (IT MUST COME BACK OUT), as long as you can back up your original time within 2% you keep your original time. If not, come the end of the year, the new time will be your time.

-Cutoff - October 13th - This is for the guys that want to get ready for next year. Times can be added until the final running at Edgewater in November. However, if you want to start tearing down your car for next year. You may do so after the weekend of the 13th and not lose your spot, but you can still be bumped by a quicker e.t. Same holds true for those wanting on the list, car must be out at last once before this date as well. No end of the year 1 hit wonders.
    Last edited by THE DOZEN MASTER; 04-02-2013 at 10:33 PM.

I'm throwing this on the table:

Hyper-Performance will donate a custom designed sticker, matching t-shirt and hoody to the Balls Out Top Dawg. And I don't mean street car.
    Here is my rules:
    #1 It has to be a Mustang
    #2 You have to be an active member here.
    #3 The run must be witnessed by at least one other SBZ member.
    #4 Full quarter mile

Full race, tubed, blown, and towed are welcome. Post your ETs in the DD list, just make sure you identify yourself as a Balls Outer!
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!

-- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

Was there always a muffler rule? Seems like someone's scared of the turbo cars

I don't see where he says anything about having a broken or change combo rule? Who came up with that and what is the purpose of even having it? What does it even accomplish? I see that the rule has been tweaked but why not just get rid of it altogether? He wasn't worried about 1-hit-wonders either, he was worried about 1-post-wonders.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    I don't see where he says anything about having a broken or change combo rule? Who came up with that and what is the purpose of even having it? What does it even accomplish? I see that the rule has been tweaked but why not just get rid of it altogether? He wasn't worried about 1-hit-wonders either, he was worried about 1-post-wonders.

Ok boys and girls, Story time....

New Dude shows up and throws on a --- shot of NOS, Cranks the boost up to -- and makes ONE Bonzai run, and gets on the list. He then sits on his ass the rest of the season. He makes his required posts on the board, and actually shows up to a couple quaker steak cruise ins.
    Meanwhile, lets create a fictional character here named Greg. Greg has a Turbo Mustang that has been on the jackstands for 100000 years, but has given numerous ideas, points of interest and ideas on SBZ for that same amount of time. Everyone around the SBZ forums are familiar with Greg and his Mystical Mustang, but we all like him and welcome the day he gets it running.
    Stay with me.
    One day, this is a fantasy afterall, Greg gets his Mustang running!! The Angels sing, the seas part and, well you get the picture... Anyway, Greg, after watching all these years the DD, welcomes the chance to get HIS Mustang on the DD!! So he makes run after run after run after run, yet his time is .00001 slower than the new dude who made ONE run down the track.
    OH NOES!!! What will Greg do?
    Greg will be left the fuck off the list cause some Low Rent, Piece of Shit, One hit wonder, cock cobbler managed to get his heap down the track without scattering his junk box windsor all over the track.
    Poor Greg.
    Greg got FUCKED.

This has been a story by Storymotherfucker time productions.
    Have a swell night.

Understand the rule now?
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
    Was there always a muffler rule? Seems like someone's scared of the turbo cars
    Why are the current turbo guys afraid of a muffler? Besides, you will sell your ride before YOU get it down the track so back to the boat dock with you!!

Hmmm,do I know this Greg guy?lol
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    #13 Spring Street car shootout.
    Big thanks to:
    S&M Motorsports tuning and Fab.
    Cincy Speed.
    Hyper-Performance Motorsports.
    Killer Koatings.
    My other place.thestaginglane

A turbo is a muffler.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.
    xtremeoutlawseries.com

Every race series requires mufflers on all entrys BUT turbo cars

Turbos are gay

Outdated technology...
    Xtreme Outlaw Series
    S&M Motorsports llc
    Precision Turbo
    Performance Torque Converters
    Leash Electronics

PM Sent !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Do you have any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Ok boys and girls, Story time....

New Dude shows up and throws on a --- shot of NOS, Cranks the boost up to -- and makes ONE Bonzai run, and gets on the list. He then sits on his ass the rest of the season. He makes his required posts on the board, and actually shows up to a couple quaker steak cruise ins.
    Meanwhile, lets create a fictional character here named Greg. Greg has a Turbo Mustang that has been on the jackstands for 100000 years, but has given numerous ideas, points of interest and ideas on SBZ for that same amount of time. Everyone around the SBZ forums are familiar with Greg and his Mystical Mustang, but we all like him and welcome the day he gets it running.
    Stay with me.
    One day, this is a fantasy afterall, Greg gets his Mustang running!! The Angels sing, the seas part and, well you get the picture... Anyway, Greg, after watching all these years the DD, welcomes the chance to get HIS Mustang on the DD!! So he makes run after run after run after run, yet his time is .00001 slower than the new dude who made ONE run down the track.
    OH NOES!!! What will Greg do?
    Greg will be left the fuck off the list cause some Low Rent, Piece of Shit, One hit wonder, cock cobbler managed to get his heap down the track without scattering his junk box windsor all over the track.
    Poor Greg.
    Greg got FUCKED.

This has been a story by Storymotherfucker time productions.
    Have a swell night.

Understand the rule now?
    Awesome story. Bottom line would be that I would need to work on my shit again for 100000yrs or so, to find that 00001. I'd probably be a tad salty (at myself) but not to the point that I'd want said Low Rent, Piece of Shit, One hit wonder, cock cobbler to be kicked off the list because he was able to get it done in one hit, and I couldn't in a 100. Not my style. No matter. Rules are set and its all good. I'll let the folks with running cars duke it out.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Bump to the top!

No worries, this site won't make it through the season, will take a miracle or unicorn shit to stop this place from going under!!!

The Bad Boy!

Is this item still available?
    When the turbo's spinnin', you ain't winnin'!

Sale pending ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

PM sent...
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    PM sent...
    PMS Replied !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Thread Information