Thread: 85 LX 5.0 Coupe Roller For Sale

85 LX 5.0 Coupe Roller For Sale

85 LX 5.0 coupe roller for sale. Car has 87 to 93 front V8 spindles and larger V8 brakes(85's used the 4 cyl sized brakes factory), has an 8.8 with a 3.73 gear in it as well (again, the 85's used a 7.5" rear axle), engine compartment has been painted with rustoleum hammered metal black, and so has the trunk, has 5 spd pedals in it. No carpet, no headliner(may get one for it), no back seat. Has subframe connectors in it, driveshaft loop, red electric fuel pump and filter, larger fuel line, holley fuel pressure regulator, power brake booster and master cylinder need to be bolted in. Gauges and cluster bezel are laying on floorboard. All wiring and such is still in the car. Battery is mounted in trunk in a nice box, cables run, etc. Wiring has been moved inside fenderwells. Has some minor rust in floor pans, body has some dents and dinks, all minor. Manual windows, manual locks, manual mirrors, had factory a/c, rear defog, and cruise when it was new. They only made 144 of this model in canyon red. It would make a great restoration project or a race car, or street car project.
    500 bucks firm takes it! No more pics, no more tire kicking, count out 5 100 buck bills and take it home with a clear title notorized over to you. Wheels are later model pony wheels with drag radials on the back and great tires on the front.

Last edited by NXcoupe; 08-26-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Trunklid has some rust under it, none showing through, alternator comes with it, it's a rebuilt unit. Hood is gone. More pics:

Last edited by NXcoupe; 08-28-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Funny that you have ended up with that car, it used to be mine. It was a quick 5.0 car until the knuckle head I sold it to pulled it out and put a turd of a 351W in it. GLWS
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

I think those are the Ponys off my old 91. Looks just like the car the kid had. We traded his Weld Draglites for my Ponys but they didnt have the DR's on em. Not to clutter your thread or anything.

GLWS!
    2011 Black on Black GT

Well, when I got it, it didn't run, it had a 351 in it that was missing bolts, flywheel was falling off of it along with all the pp bolts. He had locked the distributor timing out(on a vacuum/mechanical advance dist), and a bunch of other really stupid crap. Took me a few hours and quite a bit of cash to get the thing running right. Sold it, then after he ripped all the interior out and THREW IT AWAY, he traded it back to us. I would like someone to get it that will actually put it back together and take care of it possibly. But with all things, once someone buys it, it's there's to do whatever they want with.

lol dont you hate to see what ppl do to nice cars you sell them, i had a 11 sec 78 z28 i sold a guy when i bought my house and seen the car a few years ago sitting in a field stripped out,

free bump for mikes car -not a bad roller for the price

Lol, yep, we're on the same page then. lol.

How do the rear fenderwells look,and the bottom of the rear quarters.
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    #13 Spring Street car shootout.
    Big thanks to:
    S&M Motorsports tuning and Fab.
    Cincy Speed.
    Hyper-Performance Motorsports.
    Killer Koatings.
    My other place.thestaginglane

Solid. Only rust I've found is some small spots on the floorpans. The front frame rails are decent. Passenger side is solid as a rock, driver's side started to swell some, perfect time to catch it before it progresses.

New price, I want this to go to someone that will do something with it. I've marked the price to where you just can't argue with it. I hope some banger takes advantage of this and makes it a cool car once again.

Hell of a deal right there. Sadly , for that price someone will part it out and not put it to use. Hopefully it goes to someone with a drivetrain ready to drop in though.

pm sent..............
    NEW PROJECT UNDER WAY
    1989 Mustang coupe 2005 full interior with 10point cage 2011 turbo 5.0 coyote with t56 and ford 9inch

1990 MUSTANG GT project copper head 306 turbo car
    1989 MUSTANG GT COUPE FOR SALE
    1989 MUSTANG GT 351 modded out the ass SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by leroy93lx View Post
    Hell of a deal right there. Sadly , for that price someone will part it out and not put it to use. Hopefully it goes to someone with a drivetrain ready to drop in though.
    I thought about parting it out, sadly it would bring about the same money, maybe a couple hundred more, but it's not worth my time and trouble to do that. I want to keep it and fix it up myself, but I've got enough projects and just can't take on another one.

pm sent ill take it
    NEW PROJECT UNDER WAY
    1989 Mustang coupe 2005 full interior with 10point cage 2011 turbo 5.0 coyote with t56 and ford 9inch

1990 MUSTANG GT project copper head 306 turbo car
    1989 MUSTANG GT COUPE FOR SALE
    1989 MUSTANG GT 351 modded out the ass SOLD

Sorry, somebody beat you to it, you are next in line if they bulk. Sale pending tomorrow, but I'm betting it's gone. Thanks sbz!

sorry i didn't get back to you Mike. I've just been working too much. It's probably best, though. I just had to dump $850 on my home A/C.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Sorry, somebody beat you to it, you are next in line if they bulk. Sale pending tomorrow, but I'm betting it's gone. Thanks sbz!
    Put me on the list if the two in front of me don't buy it I will take it

Quote Originally Posted by bbford View Post
    Put me on the list if the two in front of me don't buy it I will take it
    You got it, you're on the list.

SOLD! Thanks.

Thread Information