Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Operation Get Out of its Own Way

I'm pulling the Volvo out of the garage today after finishing spacing the transmission to drop it for a bit of clearance. Now I got put the terminator in the garage for another failing wheel bearing. I thought it was driving weird again after the spring cruise in.
    Joe

Going to run the Volvo next Friday. Going remove the excess weight today. Hoping for a 13.5 or better. I guess I'll just see how it goes.
    Joe

Good luck! Wish I was able to make it down to watch. I may have to try harder!
    Photobucket can kiss my ass!!!

04 Comp Orange Cobra #3653

Thanks! I surprised my buddy in car ride tonight in the Volvo. He also told me my Cobra felt as quick as his buddies new ZL1 10 speed. I'm wondering what those cars are turning at the track here. I'll take at least a incar video of the Volvo.
    Joe

Ill be waiting to watch it!

What supercharger do you have on the Cobra?

Just a ported V+ Eaton with a 2.7 upper. With a 2.8 Upper it went 11.5@120.8 and after that I really never pushed it much further. It makes good power to redline without dropping off much. Every now and again I want to upgrade but for the streets it's plenty fast. 2011 is about the time I stopped taking it to the track. I do enjoy seeing your and other people's times with these cars. It's cool to see them still giving all these high power car new cars issues at the track.
    Joe

So first out at the track since the build. The car ran well and I think with a 1.8 instead of 2.0 sec 60 time I should be right around a 13.5. I'm going to up the boost a couple lbs, port the exhaust manifold, intake a bit and try again. I'm hoping for under 13.5 next month.
    Joe

The 13.80 is still impressive for the ole box! Its cool to see the pictures of it and knowing it moves out!

It's been more of what hoped it was in high school since it's my first car. I really didn't know how to make it that fast back then,haha. I'm being told on Turbobricks my turbo is my restriction now. I was pretty maxed out on the stock turbo on my Srt-4 around 285whp on a fwd stick shift. I'm guessing this car is making 240-250 whp through an auto and rwd on a similar turbocharger. I got the intake and throttle body about done porting. I'm going to polish them this week. Next weekend I'm going pull the exhaust manifold and turbo. I'll do the same to them. I took a decent amount of material out today. I'm also running a full exhaust. Maybe I can put a dump in before the Cat.
    Joe

https://ibb.co/nkCe65

https://ibb.co/nNEsR5

I need to find a new picture hosting site for free.
    Joe

Thread Information