Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Get Out of its Own Way

I got it all figured out fuel wise. The car started this morning at 18F. Now if I can only get the ignition system working perfectly.
    Joe

Before I drive to work tomorrow I'm going to try to start the Volvo in 6 degree weather. If it starts I'm done with the cold start issue. I got the car running well and the misfire was caused by a poor connection on the first injector and a bad spark plug wire. Rock Auto has a great replacement plan. I just put in my order number answered 4 simple questions and they sent me a new set of spark plug wires. Now I just have to remove my Autolite 64 for my BPR6ES NGK's and I'll be good to go engine wise.
    Joe

That should be the deciding factor! I know its cold enough already!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Started right up! Time to get a chip burned and call it a day.
    Joe

That's good to hear! Sounds like progress is being made! Can't wait to see it in person!
    1992 Gould GT project...

I changed to my NGK plugs tonight and no misfire at highboost. The stock coil is pretty strong and the stockish pumps are supporting 250-300hp at probably 60-70lb rail pressure on 7.8 AF. Kinda surprized since they only needed to support 114 NA hp on gasoline.
    Joe

Well onto transmission number 5. I'm replacing the cooling lines and putting two coolers in. I found a place that rebuilds torque converters and my new stall will be set at 3000. The transmission I pulled is geared lower than the ones I've previously used. Hoping for a better 1/4 this year.
    Joe

Hope this one works out better for ya. I cant wait to see this car in person making passes. Sure its gonna turn some heads!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Good story, can't wait to see what this thing is capable of.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

I'm hoping 12s but I'm pretty happy with 13s. It's a far cry from how it use to be. It would be nice if I would just put my money into the Mustang but definitely a learing experience.
    Joe

Looks like you're making good progress Joe. Keep up the good work. There might be a 2.3 whipple available this year. I know a guy that's thinking of switching to TVS or a 2.9. He having trouble making up his mind. Lol
    Last edited by rtvickers; 02-07-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rtvickers View Post
    Looks like you're making good progress Joe. Keep up the good work. There might be a 2.3 whipple available this year. I know a that's thinking of switching to TVS or a 2.9. He having trouble making up his mind. Lol
    Is this guy you??? I'm all for 2.3 TVS, I just like a car that gets into the power band quicker.

I dropped the transmission core off at You Pull and Pay with my truck (Volvo)yesterday and beat the heck out of my broken transmission for fun. Now it's in the garage getting new brakes. I had a vibrating front right caliper that I needed to fix and found out the guide pins for the pads had a deep grove on the outter most side. It was hanging up a bit. Just strange. I found a place for both transmission coolers and I'll get to work mounting them and replacing the front brakes this week. I should have the new torque converter this week also.
    Last edited by PKFIRE; 02-07-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    Joe

Maybe. He has to do something. Don't want to get beat by a Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by rtvickers View Post
    Maybe. He has to do something. Don't want to get beat by a Volvo.
    Haha, not going to happen. Anyway you thought about upping the boost on the Whipple 2.3 and switching to E85?
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post
    Haha, not going to happen. Anyway you thought about upping the boost on the Whipple 2.3 and switching to E85?
    Yeah I am still debating if it's worth switching to a tvs on e85 or going e85 with the whipple. I was thinking about a 2.9 but it's a little out of my price range. I'm probably going to upgrade the fuel system. Lethal's budget system. Either way I still can't keep up with the Volvo sedan.

Id try the E85 with the Whipple. Its already on.
    1992 Gould GT project...

3250 Stall torque converter and filter kit

fittings and hoses for the transmission. AN5 fitting seem not to be the norm since there isn't many choices. I just bumped it up from AN5 to AN6 for more of selection of fittings to get.

The two transmission coolers fit even with the added fan. I bought a light bar relay kit to run the fan which was cheep. I'm just going to have fan run when the car is on the on position and not worry about adding a thermoswitch. I think it will help it run cooler anyway. I still have to mount it correctly but luckily I can mount it to the intercooler fairly easily.

I'm in the process of replacing the warped front rotors and brake pads. I got one side on tonight.
    Joe

I've installed the transmission with the new coolers. I just need to add transmission fluid and the intake back on and it should be ready to drive.
    Joe

Finally on the road. I ended up finding a water pump leak when I was done with the transmission. It's sealed up and I'm enjoying the higher stall. It's no V8 but It comes off the line much quicker.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post
    Finally on the road. I ended up finding a water pump leak when I was done with the transmission. It's sealed up and I'm enjoying the higher stall. It's no V8 but It comes off the line much quicker.
    Awesome progress! Interested to hear what it will run
    It may not be a v8, but I bet I can out run some!
    91 GT -stockish(sold)
    99 MX-5

Thread Information