Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did everyone go?

Where did everyone go?

I used to get on this site and be logged on with 35 diffrent people. Every time i get on now im usually the only one or maybe 2 others. Hardly any crazy build threads anymore or anything for sale! We need to do something about this!!
    89 GT AUTO < WTF WAS I THINKING?

#1 everyone is a dick on here
    #2 they sold their mustang
    #3 their car is broke/theyre broke financially, they go together
    Ben
    04 Mach 1 - 12.04 @ 113.89
    -K&N Cai, Mac lt, lethal o/r x, magnaflow cat back, mmr 1/2" spacer, custom cams, 4.10 gear. 356/339
    An STi owner once told me
    "AWD cant drift, they powerslide"

It went down hill when they Banned Maximus !!! Plain and Simple !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post
    It went down hill when they Banned Maximus !!! Plain and Simple !!!
    Again what are you taking about? He isn't banned he just doesn't get on the board anymore.
    2013 f150 FX4 ecoboost
    95 Lightning-Vortech
    89 Vert-GT40-P Motor, Exhaust, 4.10 gear on Bullets
    99 Baja Outlaw BES 510bbc ATI procharger

Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    Again what are you taking about? He isn't banned he just doesn't get on the board anymore.
    Let me Rephrase ...
    The Board went to $hit When Craig aka Maximus was trying to help the forum by organizing a T-shirt sale, By seeing how many were interested ... Which at the time there was a ton of it, Because people had been asking for quite.a while with No Response ...
    Then someone on here decided to get a hold of Holly and Not give her the whole story of what he was trying to do for the Board ... Again because nobody else would step up !!!
    Therefore Holly got a hold of Craig and basically told him that he couldn't do them because she owns SBZ, and a Big stink was started over it because she wasn't told the whole story by the member that felt the need to tattle on Craig !!!
    But you already knew that didn't you Kelly ???

So therefore Craig decided to not come on here anymore for being reprimanded for trying to help !!!

Banned --- Bitched out for trying to Help and No longer participating ...

I say Tomato, you See Tomato !!!

Either way that whole incident is when it started downhill ... Plain and Simple ...

Clearer ???
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Life has changed for a lot of the original members…kids, jobs, family etc. but this place went downhill when bitching and complaining about this place replaced racing and shooting the shit about racing as the top activities. Its nothing but bitching about how the site functions, the dirty dozen rules, the rules to post in the classifieds, and on and on and on.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Let me Rephrase ...
    The Board went to $hit When Craig aka Maximus was trying to help the forum by organizing a T-shirt sale, By seeing how many were interested ... Which at the time there was a ton of it, Because people had been asking for quite.a while with No Response ...
    Then someone on here decided to get a hold of Holly and Not give her the whole story of what he was trying to do for the Board ... Again because nobody else would step up !!!
    Therefore Holly got a hold of Craig and basically told him that he couldn't do them because she owns SBZ, and a Big stink was started over it because she wasn't told the whole story by the member that felt the need to tattle on Craig !!!

So therefore Craig decided to not come on here anymore for being reprimanded for trying to help !!!

Either way that whole incident is when it started downhill ... Plain and Simple ...

Clearer ???
    Sad but true. Was up to 113 T-shirts and counting.

Let me Rephrase ...

Clearer ???
    Some of that is true but most of it assumptions.
    2013 f150 FX4 ecoboost
    95 Lightning-Vortech

To answer the original question social media is what's killing message boards. Before social media this is how people would communicate and talk about their hobby. Now with Facebook and how easy it is to share pictures and posts it's killing Web based boards.
    2013 f150 FX4 ecoboost
    95 Lightning-Vortech

Let me Rephrase ...
    The Board went to $hit When Craig aka Maximus was trying to help the forum by organizing a T-shirt sale, By seeing how many were interested ... Which at the time there was a ton of it, Because people had been asking for quite.a while with No Response ... NOT an Assumption ... Plenty of posts to prove it !!!
    Then someone on here decided to get a hold of Holly and Not give her the whole story of what he was trying to do for the Board ... Again because nobody else would step up !!! NOT an Assumption ... Holly Admitted in her post she WAS NOT told the whole story !!!
    Therefore Holly got a hold of Craig and basically told him that he couldn't do them because she owns SBZ, and a Big stink was started over it because she wasn't told the whole story by the member that felt the need to tattle on Craig !!! NOT an Assumption ... Craig has said this is what happened !!!
    But you already knew that didn't you Kelly ??? NOT an Assumption ... Was asking a question !!!

So therefore Craig decided to not come on here anymore for being reprimanded for trying to help !!! NOT an Assumption ... Look at the posts about it !!!

Clearer ???
    Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    Some of that is true but most of it assumptions.
    Now would you care to explain what I Assumed !!!

OH I got it ... It must be the I say Tomato, You See Tomato part ???
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Social media has surely taken some of the traffic but how the site has been ran is what has killed it. I'm here everyday hoping to see something good from people close to me but shit has been done wrong here so many times it's turned people off. Everyone is jaded and pissy for the most part, you see it in the snarky comments and jabs. The turbo forums, Corral and Yellow Bullet are alive and well.
    Last edited by Rick93coupe; 01-14-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Now would you care to explain what I Assumed !!!

OH I got it ... It must be the I say Tomato, You See Tomato part ???
    Aaron, Holley was on the board at least a few times a week. She saw the post, she reacted to it. Craig reacted to her reaction, they had a falling out, and sadly, Craig felt the need to leave. It was a sucky situation and I hate that it keeps being brought back up as it does absolutely nothing positive except let a bunch of people get riled up over it.
    It wasn't a conspiracy, it was something between two friends that went badly. I tried talking to Craig, and talking to Holly, but it didn't do a damn bit of good.

All in all, I'm not on here as much because I just can't stand all the drama and hate being slung around on here. It had died down some, and was starting to look like the board it was 10 years ago, but now it seems it's coming back around.

Aaron, if you have a solution to the issues on the board, I'm all ears as well as pretty much everyone else on the board. I want it to be a great car site that everyone wants to check in on daily and people get along somewhat. If you feel better PM'ing, cool, like I said, I really value yours and everyone elses opinions on this, but lets be constructive and move forward.

Popcorn is in the microwave

If a car or forum is not maintained and kept up, it falls apart. Which is what we have here.

Once a forum starts to fade and folks turn to Facebook, might as well pull the plug.

Be very glad the spammers haven't found this site, likely due to the low traffic. Tp prevent this the vB needs upgraded to 4.x as the newest vB 5.x has major issues. I know it is a PITA to move from 3.x to 4.x, glad I wasn't involved in that mess.

The forum was having issues with Danica (GoDaddy.com) crashing and was moved to Amazon servers, then the new software loaded and converted, not an easy task.

[QUOTE=NXcoupe;774548]Aaron, Holley was on the board at least a few times a week. She saw the post, she reacted to it. Craig reacted to her reaction, they had a falling out, and sadly, Craig felt the need to leave. It was a sucky situation and I hate that it keeps being brought back up as it does absolutely nothing positive except let a bunch of people get riled up over it.
    It wasn't a conspiracy, it was something between two friends that went badly. I tried talking to Craig, and talking to Holly, but it didn't do a damn bit of good.

All in all, I'm not on here as much because I just can't stand all the drama and hate being slung around on here. It had died down some, and was starting to look like the board it was 10 years ago, but now it seems it's coming back around.

Aaron, if you have a solution to the issues on the board, I'm all ears as well as pretty much everyone else on the board. I want it to be a great car site that everyone wants to check in on daily and people get along somewhat. If you feel better PM'ing, cool, like I said, I really value yours and everyone elses opinions on this, but lets be constructive and move forward.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA,really?
    Want me to dig up the SHITLOAD of threads that have been started about making this board a better place. It has been brought up so many times its not funny.
    You want peoples input but NEVER DO SHIT ABOUT IT. Vbullitin needs updated,how about starting from that point?
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    #13 Spring Street car shootout.
    Big thanks to:
    S&M Motorsports tuning and Fab.
    Cincy Speed.
    Hyper-Performance Motorsports.
    Killer Koatings.
    My other place.thestaginglane

Quote Originally Posted by 2007ShelbyCobra View Post
    #1 everyone is a dick on here
    #2 they sold their mustang
    #3 their car is broke/theyre broke financially, they go together
    Thats funny you calling every one a dick. Head over to CSS and tell me they are all nice to you. Pretty bold statement to make.
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    #13 Spring Street car shootout.
    Big thanks to:
    S&M Motorsports tuning and Fab.
    Cincy Speed.
    Hyper-Performance Motorsports.
    Killer Koatings.
    My other place.thestaginglane

Quote Originally Posted by facemelter71 View Post
    Thats funny you calling every one a dick. Head over to CSS and tell me they are all nice to you. Pretty bold statement to make.
    dude take a chill pill i took it as a joke

If we could have a conversation about it without it turning into a bitch session that would be helpful. As soon as one person vents the threads go to shit because everyone follows suit.
    There's no question everyone is pissed off about something or another but how do you move forward? That's an honest question, I don't know how to turn things around. If you have a suggestion, can you say it without sounding like a dick? That's why the threads go sour.
    From what I've read money has been an issue for awhile so updating VB may be a task. Have any ideas without bringing up the past T-shirt fiasco?
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

I just thought of one thing a minute ago, I don't think there should ever be a reason to ban somebody from the site unless they're a scammer and are ripping people off of their money. The ignore feature works perfectly on every other website I've ever been to. If you don't like somebody, or don't want to hear what they have to say. Just put them on ignore. It really doesn't get any easier than that. When you ban somebody, the first thing it does is rile up all of their friends, the next thing you know you got 40 people who left the website over something that didn't need to happen in the first place.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

SB is kinda like that old car in a field that still runs but is just sitting there rotting. People see it and ask if they can take it off the owners hands to restore but the owner always says they are gonna fix it up one day. But yet it is left to sit and rot.
    ">

Thread Information