Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Since there are...

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    I'm building the coyote for our car. I'm also building the one for my turbo car, and for quite a few other people as well.
    That's scary lol
    Buy made in USA!

Quote Originally Posted by 1baddlx View Post
    That's scary lol
    It is? What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Ram Horns, No mufflers, 5 gal fuel tanks...like I said, there are cool race cars on here now, so why not?
    I see what you mean. Guess we will leave it as is then. Street cars as was described in the beginning. Maybe other list can be whatever you run?

How about the Dirty Filthy Fucking Whore list ???
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

There ya go!!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    There ya go!!!
    Just imagine the stickers !!!

#1 DFFW !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

I think the rules should be the same for both lists. Maybe give a plaque with what place they got in the dozen. Owner pays for the plaque if they want one. Might bring in some interest.

At the end of the season have the top six of each list have a shootout. $100 buy in , winner take all and bragging rights

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post
    How about the Dirty Filthy Fucking Whore list ???
    needs a few more adjectives. but its getting there!!!
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

Quote Originally Posted by bbfstanger View Post
    needs a few more adjectives. but its getting there!!!
    Dirty Filthy Stinking Rat Faced Elephant Fucking Slap Jawed Cross Eyed Gutter Slut Nasty Ass Whore List ...

Better ??? LOL
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

there we have it! lol!
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

Dirty Filthy Stinking Rat Faced Elephant Fucking Slack Jawed Cross Eyed Mouth Breathing Gutter Slut Nasty Ass Whore List ...

DFSRFEFSJCEMBGSNAW List for short.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    Dirty Filthy Stinking Rat Faced Elephant Fucking Slack Jawed Cross Eyed Mouth Breathing Gutter Slut Nasty Ass Whore List ...

SLAP Because you Slap a Whore, Or Smack a Ho if you prefer !!! LOL
    And most Whores can't be mouth breathers with their mouth full !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

I'm up for a "other" list. I was on the last full list with my mustang, which is now gone. I'd be down to see how the 4cyl competes on the list.

Want to start getting things back on track for the Dirty Dozen? How about we get rid of the rule where if you change something on your car or your car breaks your off the list? All it does is promote mediocrity. It serves no real practical purpose. A guy can go out and run xx.xx, gets a spot on The Dozen, he changes his combo to see what else he can squeeze out of it or whatver, and it's like the car never ran the previous number. He's just off. Break an axle? Oh well, fuck you, your off the list. Oh, you changed your throttle body? Your off. NO WHERE for a year long type list do you see anything like this rule. It's stupid. Imagine if the NMRA, EOS, NHRA, etc. adopted this practice, it'd be a joke. The original (misinterpreted by some here) rule was to keep non-local ONE POST WONDERS from possibly taking an local ACTIVE members spot on the list. Not the supposed one hit wonder some of you seem so worried about. You need to reward the guy who's willing to go out there and lay it all on the line, not tell him he better take it easy or else. Have the "other" list again for those without 'stangs/Capris and let them have at it there. The more simple you keep this the better it will be. My $.05.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post

You forgot bow legged.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Want to start getting things back on track for the Dirty Dozen? How about we get rid of the rule where if you change something on your car or your car breaks your off the list? All it does is promote mediocrity. It serves no real practical purpose. A guy can go out and run xx.xx, gets a spot on The Dozen, he changes his combo to see what else he can squeeze out of it or whatver, and it's like the car never ran the previous number. He's just off. Break an axle? Oh well, fuck you, your off the list. Oh, you changed your throttle body? Your off. NO WHERE for a year long type list do you see anything like this rule. It's stupid. Imagine if the NMRA, EOS, NHRA, etc. adopted this practice, it'd be a joke. The original (misinterpreted by some here) rule was to keep non-local ONE POST WONDERS from possibly taking an local ACTIVE members spot on the list. Not the supposed one hit wonder some of you seem so worried about. You need to reward the guy who's willing to go out there and lay it all on the line, not tell him he better take it easy or else. Have the "other" list again for those without 'stangs/Capris and let them have at it there. The more simple you keep this the better it will be. My $.05.
    The rule as I understood it was to keep guys from making passes and then their car is broke for the rest of the season and can't back up their pass. I always thought it was kind of silly since we are racing times, not cars. Most folks never mentioned their stuff was broken tho, you and I both know that happened a lot back in the day.
    Here's a for instance, if people can actually discuss this, is a guy comes out opening day of kk or edgewater, and runs a 9.03, then he blows his engine up next pass. He never gets the car fixed the rest of the season, what then? I'm asking not telling here, just something to discuss.
    I think you make a valid point, but think we should knock it around before any changes are made, otherwise, people will have yet another excuse for not wanting to race for the list.....

In that scenario the guy that broke wouldn't have the car at any get togethers or the running of the dozen, which would sort itself out. IMO
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    The rule as I understood it was to keep guys from making passes and then their car is broke for the rest of the season and can't back up their pass. I always thought it was kind of silly since we are racing times, not cars. Most folks never mentioned their stuff was broken tho, you and I both know that happened a lot back in the day.
    Here's a for instance, if people can actually discuss this, is a guy comes out opening day of kk or edgewater, and runs a 9.03, then he blows his engine up next pass. He never gets the car fixed the rest of the season, what then? I'm asking not telling here, just something to discuss.
    I think you make a valid point, but think we should knock it around before any changes are made, otherwise, people will have yet another excuse for not wanting to race for the list.....
    I thought this was addressed a couple years ago?? Breaking an axle, putting a new axle back in is fine. Popping a DS yoke then fixing that yoke is no big deal. Having a 400+ CI, running low 9s, then that engine gets fried and its replaced by a 302 running 13s isnt right. Turning your stock block 3-- up to 100lbs of boost, making a one hit then turning it back down...actually hurts the guy out their busting their ass scratching, clawing, earning every 10th of a second with their combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    In that scenario the guy that broke wouldn't have the car at any get togethers or the running of the dozen, which would sort itself out. IMO
    This is why I did my Street Car Shootout. I could care less what you are running, as long as it made the drive from point X to the track, busted off some numbers, stayed together, then it earned a spot. That always kept things simple. AND, it was cool as hell as it was a rolling car show with all kinds of different car makes & models.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    I thought this was addressed a couple years ago?? Breaking an axle, putting a new axle back in is fine. Popping a DS yoke then fixing that yoke is no big deal. Having a 400+ CI, running low 9s, then that engine gets fried and its replaced by a 302 running 13s isnt right. [COLOR="#0000FF"]Turning your stock block 3-- up to 100lbs of boost, making a one hit then turning it back down...actually hurts the guy out their busting their ass scratching, clawing, earning every 10th of a second with their combination.[/COLOR}

Why would this not be right? The car ran the number, he met all the other "criteria" for being allowed on the list, his car broke, So what? The car ran the number.

How about, The guy who has busted his ass all year, breaks in October after running all summer like you mentioned, so now you're going to tell him he can't be on the list? How does that help him or the list itself?? It doesn't.

This is why I did my Street Car Shootout. I could care less what you are running, as long as it made the drive from point X to the track, busted off some numbers, stayed together, then it earned a spot. That always kept things simple. AND, it was cool as hell as it was a rolling car show with all kinds of different car makes & models.
    And that's what I've always liked about your Shootouts. This is a season long list, it should be kept simple also. The one hit wonders that some seem so worried about, where are they? The list should be about the baddest street cars on the board, no matter how they get it done. "Toning the list down" so to speak, to supposedly keep the dreaded one hit wonder from taking a spot has done nothing but water the list down, Hell, we can't even get a full list anymore.

How about keeping the rules really simple similar to your shootout? Having a person who is in control of the list to keep it up to date, etc., and if there is a question at the end of the season about the validity of someone's spot, The Dozen Keeper and mods/power that be here, decide on what to do with that particular car/spot?
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Thread Information