Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Dozen Q&A

Dirty Dozen Q&A

I'm starting this thread to get some discussion going about the Dirty Dozen ET list. Is there still an interest in keeping this list? I'm asking because the past few years have shown less and less participation on the list. Why? What's keeping people from wanting to be a part of the list? Politics? Drama? Lots of cars just not finished? Just simply not many people on the board racing anymore? Lets get a discussion going, I'd REALLY like to find out what is keeping this from being what it once was and what is needed to get it where I feel it should be.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Overzealous moderation caused the downturn in interest. I will jump on the list right now.

17.49 @ 79 Evil8 Badass Suburban 3-16-2015 Kilkare
    Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.
    xtremeoutlawseries.com

Quote Originally Posted by evil8 View Post
    Overzealous moderation caused the downturn in interest. I will jump on the list right now.

We will have to see a timeslip, That MPH seems awful high ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Does the burban have a ls engine?
    Buy made in USA!

I literally forgot all the drama surrounding the dozen but I do remember that there was a discrepancy over post counts and being an "active member".

I think we need to let go of the past, revise and clarify the stipulations and see where it goes. Some people
    won't qualify because of the stipulations but if your clear and concise about them, there won't be any room to bitch.
    We need plenty of advance notice of cruise in dates and race days so guys who need to move schedules around, can.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

I'm with Rick! Just need to get everyone on board and let it do it's thing. Past moderation is what hurt it. I think this year will be better and things will come back around.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I hear what you're saying about leaving things in the past but it's hard to fix something without knowing exactly what is broke. Past moderation seems to be the leading cause so far which is what I was figuring was a major factor but would like more feedback so we can get this nailed down. This is never going to be what it should be again if the same mistakes keep being made.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    I hear what you're saying about leaving things in the past but it's hard to fix something without knowing exactly what is broke. Past moderation seems to be the leading cause so far which is what I was figuring was a major factor but would like more feedback so we can get this nailed down. This is never going to be what it should be again if the same mistakes keep being made.
    Does your BOLD name mean we will now have Un-Biased Moderation of the Dozen ???

I sure hope so ...
    Now let's move past the Shit Head Moderation of days gone, And get the Dozen back to being something of Pride !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post
    Does your BOLD name mean we will now have Un-Biased Moderation of the Dozen ???

I sure hope so ...
    Now let's move past the Shit Head Moderation of days gone, And get the Dozen back to being something of Pride !!!
    Exactly what I'm trying accomplish. Just hoping it's not too far gone to revive.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Exactly what I'm trying accomplish. Just hoping it's not too far gone to revive.
    Good to Hear !!!

I don't think it's too far gone, And I believe your involvement will bring a renewed interest in it ...
    If there's anything that I can help you with, Let me know ... Time is something I have a surplus of !!! LOL

Thanks For Stepping Up Greg !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Since the list isn't full, open it up. Post your timeslip, get on the list. Make it fun again, not a painful anal-exam to get a time on there like it evolved into. Tagged and insured are good enough for me for a street car.

Keep a separate "others" list, this is STANGbangerz.

Once there's more competition to get on the list, the rules can be tweaked next year and after to require more participation, etc.

My $0.02
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Good to Hear !!!

I don't think it's too far gone, And I believe your involvement will bring a renewed interest in it ...
    If there's anything that I can help you with, Let me know ... Time is something I have a surplus of !!! LOL

Thanks For Stepping Up Greg !!!
    Thanks Aaron, I'll do what I can. I'll definitely keep you in mind if I need help with something.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    Since the list isn't full, open it up. Post your timeslip, get on the list. Make it fun again, not a painful anal-exam to get a time on there like it evolved into. Tagged and insured are good enough for me for a street car.

Keep a separate "others" list, this is STANGbangerz.

Once there's more competition to get on the list, the rules can be tweaked next year and after to require more participation, etc.

My $0.02
    That's exactly my thoughts, hopefully we'll get there. Thanks for your input.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Must admit. I do like simple, clean and to the point. A final showdown would be kind've fun though since Maximus doesn't do his Street Car Shootouts these days. Always fun to put together videos of those events. Sure would like to see both actually.

I will jump on the list right now.

Sooooo, quicker than Hellboy then.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Sooooo, quicker than Hellboy then.
    OH SNAP !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    I literally forgot all the drama surrounding the dozen but I do remember that there was a discrepancy over post counts and being an "active member".
    Someone remembered
    "The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

OH SNAP !!!
    I don't want to get off topic but just couldn't resist that one.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

No I don't think its to far gone also. Still a lot of interest and a lot of lurkers that haven't spoke up yet. Just need to reel them back in!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I've never been on the list, but I do remember on my first go 'round here on the site it was definitely something that held some sway. I came back and I completely forgot about the list for a long time until some people started complaining about it (in a good way). I think with the way the site is getting better it'd be a good thing to breathe some life back into it. I'd love to see SBZ have the notoriety it had before of having some of the fastest cars around.

Thread Information