Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2015 Dirty Dozen Rules & Discussion Thread

The 2015 Dirty Dozen Rules & Discussion Thread

This thread is for discussion on the 2015 Dirty Dozen ET List. This is where you post complaints, questions, congrats to other racers, calling out other racers, etc. There will be an ET thread to post times in and ONLY to post times in. Everything else regarding The Dozen comes here. So, here goes.

Originally Posted by vinny5oh

Here ya go.....

So with that, I'll start the first round.
    "His car isn't really a street car" is something I hear a lot. Problem is, everybody's opinion on what a true street car is will be different. As the rules sit right now, a street car is defined as having license, tags and insurance. I made it this way only to parallel the NMRA Wild Street definition. This is probably the toughest one to call so making these cars come out on the street to stay on the list will make things more fair in my opinion. This can be accomplished by requiring the cars to drive to the track at least once and/or showing up at our big cruise-ins.

1) A Ford-powered Mustang/Capri with current registration, tags, and insurance.

Easy enough. All 3 of these items will be checked before the final 12 are decided. No dealer tags, tags from your buddy, or any car other than yours. Tags/registration must match car in question. Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

2) Be an active member on this site.

You don't have to be a post whore. Show up at some events, participate in the forum, help others build their rides, etc.. There's no membership fees, it's all free. This is just so somebody in another locale doesn't pop up on the site, post a number and expect to become part of the list. Stangbangerz is more than a message board. Its a close knit group of enthusiasts that happen to drive Mustangs. Hell, some of us have other rides/interests too, if you think of this small little section of the net as a message board only, well, you're wrong.

3) Break Rule/No Longer Own Car

If you break (have a catastrophic failure of some sort, like blowing your engine up) post up that you have done so and need to be removed from the list. This also applies if you sell your car.

The Dirty Dozen has always been on the "Honor System" When you break or sell your Stang, you are SUPPOSE to post it up so you can be removed from the list and give your fellow Stangbangerz the oppurtunity to join the list. Please don't let us have to find out through the "grapevine." It may end up causing permanent loss of participation on the list.

4) Local Tracks

Runs must be made at a local T&T at Edgewater, Kil-Kare or Tri-State with at least one fellow SBZ member witnessing them (these are our local tracks). Times ran at NMRA Norwalk, National Trail, or Bowling Green will also be eligible but will still need at least one SBZ member as a witness.

Cutoff Date

The cutoff date for having your time count for The Dozen will be when the last of the local tracks closes for the year.

More posts originally Posted by vinny5oh, and still apply.

The intent of the Dozen is to see who has the 12 fastest street legal Mustangs (or Capris ) in the area. Don't make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Unless we decide to take it to the next level, we're not going to worry about a bunch of rules, who's car is more streetable, blah, blah. Get your asses out there, have some fun, run whatcha brung and hope you brought enough. The end.

Remember kids, this is for fun, bragging rights and a decal....nothing more. No big money prizes, no sponsorship deals, no trophies....just some good ole boys bringing out their cars and putting a beating on 1320 feet of tarmac!

The "rules" are posted. I really don't want to get very strict on them. I tried keeping them loose enough so any local Stangbanger could get in on it at anytime.

I'm flexible. If we need to clarify what few rules we have, let's DISCUSS it like grown men and not act like a bunch of crybabies. If rules become more important than the idea behind it, the whole thing will be bound for failure.

And to add:

DOT tires will not be required. Mufflers for turbo combinations will no longer be required.

There will be events, get-togethers, cruises, etc., planned throughout the year, get out to them and have some FUN. We will be trying to have a special Running of The Dozen towards the end of the year to hopefully get the whole list out there tearing it up! When something becomes official we'll let you know ASAP so there will be plenty of time to make plans to attend. It's not going to be a mandatory event but would love to see as many peeps out there as possible representing Stangbangerz. POST UP YOUR TIMES!! Post your time slips, pictures, videos, etc., we want to see it all. It's not a requirement but it makes all of this that much better! We need to return The Dozen to some of it's former glory. We can only do that with your participation. This is YOUR list folks. Lets do Vinny proud and fill this thing up with a bunch of great racing and good times. Thanks for reading, hope to see you all out on the 1320.

-DM
    Last edited by THE DOZEN MASTER; 03-22-2015 at 03:34 AM.

24 views since this has been posted up and not a peep. Hard to believe it's this dead around here. No talk about who's doing what, combos being changed, etc..

The Stangbangerz 2014 "Dirty Dozen"

1. 8.18 @165.48 Beefcake
    2. 10.267 @ 132.8 kennebellcobra
    3. 11.330 @ 121.26 blown96cobra (2011 Saleen)
    4. 11.49 @ 124.22 redfirepearlgt
    5. 11.99 @ 117.05 cstreu1026
    6. 12.396 @ 116.65 pkfire
    7. 12.413 @ 106.58 qtr milerocket

The last time I was on the list I was #11 with a 10.32@134, it was a LONG time ago so that's another story, but that would have been good for #3 by a full second last year. No offense intended for those that are on the list and posted times. 7 People posted up times and that's it? 7? Beginning to believe this thing died with Vinny.

Guess I'll ask and see what happens. Who is working on what? Hoping to be out this year? What kind of times you thinking you'll be running? Plan on posting the time up? Bueller? ...........
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

I started the 2015 goals thread a while back and it seemed to do well.
    http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/s...597-2015-Goals
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Hell I could have got 8th!
    Or better if I kept the Drag pack and nitrous on it lol

Greg, you going to have your car out this year? That has to be one of the best looking GT's I've ever saw!

I'm gonna shot for 9.90 this year in the Cobra! May not happen but I can dream big! I know it's been 10.60's before so I hope that swapping to the alumastars with some 28x10.5's, and good weather, I can drop that number.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Greg, you going to have your car out this year? That has to be one of the best looking GT's I've ever saw!

I'm gonna shot for 9.90 this year in the Cobra! May not happen but I can dream big! I know it's been 10.60's before so I hope that swapping to the alumastars with some 28x10.5's, and good weather, I can drop that number.
    Not sure, kind of depends on if/when work picks back up. Always slow this time of year for me but it's REALLY slow this year for some reason. Thanks, appreciate it.

Get it out there and let it eat! No matter what it runs at least you'll be out there having fun with it! You would have been #3 with that 10.60 last year.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Hopefully the list fills up this year and we have some quick times! I'm gonna try to make the first Kilkare test and tune and have my buddy bring my old cobra and see how it does too.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Chad393NA, I saw where you posted up an ET on The Dirty Dozen list, 10.30s@129+, nice hit.

Would have been a solid 9 had you stayed with the turbo!
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Chad393NA, I saw where you posted up an ET on The Dirty Dozen list, 10.30s@129+, nice hit.

Would have been a solid 9 had you stayed with the turbo!
    Oh snap!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

What kind of idiot would get rid of a turbo kit?
    Rich Taylor
    92 Mustang LX 357w...Carb'd!
    10.83 @ 124mph

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Let me find that link.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Maybe you should get yours running before you criticize someone's power adder choice! lol Someone's got to represent the mafia.
    Last edited by chad393na; 04-26-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chad393na View Post
    Maybe you should get yours running before you criticize someone's power adder choice! lol Someone's got to represent the mafia.
    Head shot!!! LOL!!
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013
    Fall 2011 Cincy Speed SCS Winner

Quote Originally Posted by chad393na View Post
    You're right on both counts Chad, no doubt about it.

I didn't see the part of your post where you said I was wrong though.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by NO SHOT View Post
    Head shot!!! LOL!!
    LOL

Hey, how 'bout you keep yours long enough to get on the lists this year?!
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

LOL

Returning fire!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

You're right on both counts Chad, no doubt about it.

I didn't see the part of your post where you said I was wrong though.
    Good point! I do believe there's no better way to make power than a turbo,and i'm sure one day after it gets a dart block it will see another one.

I was on it the last 3 years.I would have been again last year but I didn't bother to post a time because there wasn't even a full list. Note the sig below lol..
    LOL

CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013
    Fall 2011 Cincy Speed SCS Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NO SHOT View Post
    I was on it the last 3 years.I would have been again last year but I didn't bother to post a time because there wasn't even a full list. Note the sig below lol..
    I know, was just messin' with ya. Post a time for this year. Would like to see this thing fill up again.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Thread Information