Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Dirty Dozen Challenge; Rules, Discussion, and Callout Thread

2016 Dirty Dozen Challenge; Rules, Discussion, and Callout Thread

The 2016 Dirty Dozen Challenge

The Dirty Dozen Challenge is a challenge for spot list, similar to Street Outlaws, and separate from The Dirty Dozen ET list. Each of the 12 spots on this list will have to be "challenged" for. There will be no ETs needed to be posted. Just race results. All spots will be run for in a heads-up type format. This list will be open to all makes and models.

1) Run whatcha brung! Any make or model allowed, but must have current registration, tags, and insurance. Tags and registration must match car that is being run. No dealer tags.

2) The Dozen Coordinator - Brian McWhorter, AKA draggin50

There will be a neutral party picked that will be responsible for keeping track of, and being a part of, all challenges. This person will be fair and impartial and will see to that all races are on the up and up. If there is any controversy about a race the Dozen Coordinator's decision will be final.

3) Challenges - The list will start with racers holding the spot they ended with last season. As it was last season there will be no "Gate Keeper" that has to be gone thru to get started on working your way up the list. If you're at #8 and want to take a shot at #1, issue the challenge. If that #8 beats the #1, #8 moves to the #1 spot, the old #1 will move to #2, and the rest of the list will drop down one spot. If someone not on the list goes for any spot on the list and wins, that is now their spot and anything below that spot drops down accordingly. The CHALLENGED racer chooses the track and day of the race. The race should happen within one week of the challenge. If the challenger legitimately cannot make the date/time set by the challenged, then the Dozen Coordinator may need to come in and find a reasonable solution to make sure the race happens. The Challenged racer has lane choice in chosen race. If the Dozen Coordinator has to set up the track and time to make the race happen, then lane choice will be decided by coin toss.

4) The Race - Races will be run heads up. Sportsman tree, Pro tree, whatever the racers can agree on. A redlight is a loss. Crossing the centerline of the track is a loss. There will be no "a chase is a race" or anything like that, if both lanes are green, it's a race. This isn't about who can hustle the best. Races will be run on a local track decided on by the racers. Street races will not count towards the list.

5) Break Rule - There is no "official" break rule, BUT, If you have a catastrophic failure you should probably remove yourself from the list. If you are challenged and cannot make a race due to breakage, you automatically forfeit that race. If you continue to be challenged while broke you will keep dropping spots until you are off the list. Just make it easier all the way around and ask to be removed. When you get car running again you can start challenging for spots again.

Notice there are no rules about post counts, mufflers, windshield wipers, horns, trailers or anything of the like. The rules are deliberately left "open" to allow the greatest amount of participation. You can be a part of The Dirty Dozen ET List and this list as well, if you choose to do so. You don't have to decide whether to be on one or the other. At the end of the season there will be a Dirty Dozen Challenge Shootout, all spots will be locked after this shootout!! This will not be a mandatory event, but non-participation may result in your dropping many spots or even off the list completely depending on challenges. Anyone can challenge for any spot at the event, just like you can throughout the season, so it will pay to be there. The spot you hold at the end of this season will be the spot you start off with the following racing season. Hopefully this list will once again generate a lot of action, racing, trash talkin', BSing, etc.. Last year was a great start to this list, let's make it even better this year! Lets find out who has the baddest street cars in the area! We will be actively trying to secure some type of prize for the #1 car/driver at the end of the racing season. Start making those challenges! Good luck to all!

Thanks to Brian McWhorter, AKA draggin50 for being The Dirty Dozen Challnege Coordinator again this year.

To get things rolling, at the end of the season, after the dozen shootout and all the spots are in stone, each person will get a shirt with their spot number on it, saying Dirty Dozen Challenge #X. No outrageous design, just short and to the point.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    To get things rolling, at the end of the season, after the dozen shootout and all the spots are in stone, each person will get a shirt with their spot number on it, saying Dirty Dozen Challenge #X. No outrageous design, just short and to the point.
    Why not? Lets make something cool for the Shootout shirts!

Heres a couple ideas I came up with.

Since TS is gone, maybe coordinate a Shoot-out date on one of Edgewaters Non-Raceday events??

June 5th SUNDAY MUSCLE CAR DAY with Car Show Swap and Drags
    Gates open at 9 am 1/4 mile racing -Quick 32 on Street Tires
    for $1000. Plus ALL RUN for $1000.00

July 10th Sunday CAR SHOW SWAP AND DRAGS

August 14 th Sun. HOT ROD Car Show Swap and Drags

October 9th Sunday --FALL MUSCLE CAR DAY
    Car Show -Swap and 1/4 mile drags
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

I like it
    I know Bobby three tenths......

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    That's pretty fuckin' cool right there.

- - - Updated - - -

I like it.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

That's badass Craig! That's a great idea. Have to work on that this weekend, should have some time I can devote to it.

Craigs a better artist than he thinks, lol. My stick figure drawings aren't nearly as cool.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

I bought a camera because I can't draw stick figures.

Good idea! Hopefully that will get more people involved!

For the final running, We doing the same as last year? Everyone that attends that's in the top 12 getting in on a drawing for cash or some sort of prize?
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post

For the final running, We doing the same as last year? Everyone that attends that's in the top 12 getting in on a drawing for cash or some sort of prize?
    That is the plan Brian. Working on a couple of different things for the #1 at the end of the season as well.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    That is the plan Brian. Working on a couple of different things for the #1 at the end of the season as well.
    Ok. Ill get in touch with Mike and see where I can help out if needed. Even if its just throwing some money in.
    1992 Gould GT project...

That's badass Craig! That's a great idea. Have to work on that this weekend, should have some time I can devote to it.
    Cool! I have a source for Ts if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    Craigs a better artist than he thinks, lol. My stick figure drawings aren't nearly as cool.
    I started out with stick figures.

Hopefully more dust covered projects make it out! I know its been a while since I had anything worth while to have out. But Ive been busting my ass on my Nova. It wont be the fastest, but your damn skippy Ill tree a mofo.

How about we get a cool trophy made up. NOT some plastic POS, but a cool, welded up engine parts trophy? I have a source to where I can get stuff laser cut out if need be.

Oh shit, another idea....wait one....

Im sure the nova will run pretty good!!
    1992 Gould GT project...

This, with some "bullet holes" added maybe?

Or this one...

With..... Dirty Dozen (across the top) Last Man Racing (across the bottom) Edgewater 2016 (or Kil Kare) underneth the LMR

Actually, something like that should probably be screen printedon a piece of sheetmetal for a better look. I think it would still be better than a plastic POS trophy thou.

Im sure the nova will run pretty good!!
    As long as it runs consistent 8.50's, Ill be happy. Any faster than that and I will have to do a lot of upgrades.

8.50's and be able to drive it is where its at. Who wants an all out racecar! Im sure it will do just fine!
    1992 Gould GT project...

8.50's and be able to drive it is where its at. Who wants an all out racecar! Im sure it will do just fine!
    Damn skippy. This will probably be my last "street/track" car. After I get tired of messing around with it at the track. Ill probably put a stock floor back under it, remove the roll cage and put a nice cam'd LS under the hood. Im sure by then Ill be a Gpaw and looking forward to haulin the Gbabies around!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    How about we get a cool trophy made up. NOT some plastic POS, but a cool, welded up engine parts trophy?
    I'm actually looking into this very thing. I'll know a little more in the next few weeks of what I can come up with but it should hopefully be pretty cool. I also have an idea for something that can be passed from #1 to #1 whenever it changes.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

I'm actually looking into this very thing. I'll know a little more in the next few weeks of what I can come up with but it should hopefully be pretty cool. I also have an idea for something that can be passed from #1 to #1 whenever it changes.
    I think there's a lot more to that than appears on the surface. When u lose your #1 spot AND lose the traveling trophy, it adds to it. Maybe its just me.

Thread Information