Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2015 "Dirty Dozen Challenge" Rules and Discussion Thread

So last night Dave and I decided to take the turbo lx out to the track. He had his kids so my wife and I went to the shop and picked it up. I backed it out and parked it then we shuffled cars around to get everything back in the garage. I locked up, set the alarm and we jumped in. Cranked the car over, no start. Wtf? So I crank it and crank it. No avail. So my wife and dave both say it must be out if gas. So determined to prove them both wrong and it was something far more sinister at work, I get some c10 I had in a race fuel can and dumped it in. It started. Shit. I mean great. So off we went to the nearest overpriced hadji station and it dies on the steep incline going into the station, roll it back and get it started on level ground. Get a running start and get in the station. So now I fill it up with premium, 3.29 per gallon, shit! So 30 some odd bucks later we are on our way. Make it on back streets to 35 and head east. Some brake happy mfer slams on their brakes for no reason other than to verify they'd work, which causes me to jam on mine and mine work so well they swerve me towards the barrier and then proceed to stay locked up. So I'm in boost trying to maintain 55 and smoke rolling off the brakes as I go. I finally reach a stopping point and pull to the side. Let the brakes cool, jamb them a couple times sitting and they seem to have released for the moment. At least no thumping and smoke. We proceed on. By 5his time my wife has a similar white knuckle, tight jaw stance she has at the dentist office waiting room. More in a few....

Ok, so we move across 675 and run into the next traffic jamb. Slowly ease on the brakes, and yep, they lock up again. Shit. So I slowly creep forward, turbo spooling as I go 5 mph. Brakes roll smoke as I come to a stop. We pulled into the mazda dealer entrance road, and smoke comes off the front brakes. Stuck. Forgot to mention that the car was running 210 all this time. Fan would come on and shut right back off again. Called dave and my buddy Will. Will works across the street from there at the ford dealer. I asked him to come over and bring a small screwdriver.i sit and wait, eat my sandwich and chips while we wait. Will and dave show up at the same time, and will hands me the screwdriver. I adjust the fan control screw, found that using a magnifier app on her phone, Turned it till the fan came on and then backed it off a touch. After a bit later, I put the car in neutral and was able to push it myself, so I decided to make the drive to kk. Dave followed me. We made it fine, car stayed nice and cool, never over 185. Brakes worked as they had before tonight. So I did what any racer would do, when the guy asked are you racing ir watching? I said racing and paid the man. Wifes jaw dropped. Lol. I didnt go thru all this shit to sit and watch. So waiting in line I see beef in the next row. We get to talking and I called him out. Smooth move. There's always a chance though, right? Right? Yeah right. So we get with the official and he lets us swap around and get in the lanes side by side. I hit the brakes very early as my common sense got in the way. Beef won. I came in second. Literally. Second pass was much faster, built boost on the brake, left hard and picked up .2 on 60ft, but still hit the brakes early, just not at the 1000 ft mark. Lol.

So the list is started, we've got action, lets get this going. Somebody call me or beef out and take our spots!

Damn bad luck
    2015 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Sorry we weren't able to include you as racemaster last night. It was a spur of the moment deal and beef and I raced. I didnt care if I won or lost, just racing someone for a reason makes it exciting. I had a blast. Im going to look at why the headlights dont work and check the brakes as to why they locked up in me and see if I can get to edgewater. How about you and I racing next thursday, can you make that happen? Or maybe just race during bracket test and tune on saturday possibly?
    Ill see if I can make Thursday happen. Ill keep up on the weather and see how it looks before I put in for a vacation day. I know Id like to make it happen!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by SN95N/A View Post
    Damn bad luck
    But a happy ending sort of...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Ill see if I can make Thursday happen. Ill keep up on the weather and see how it looks before I put in for a vacation day. I know Id like to make it happen!
    Me too! Id like to get this list full before the end of the season. Not much I like to do more than race.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Me too! Id like to get this list full before the end of the season. Not much I like to do more than race.
    You and me both!!! Ill see what I can do!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Where's this video you speak of
    2015 Gt

Since you mentioned calling you or beef out. Wouldn't someone have to call you out before beef?

I say if you got something fast enough to take out the top guy why not take him out..but in all seriousness you would have to go through the 2nd spot first because if you happen to lose to #1 would you go to the 3rd spot?
    2015 Gt

I was actually thinking about that. It's so hard to get a race going. Let's say Mike is busy or he can't fix is brakes but beefcakes at the track. If that person beats him then hes #1 but if that person loses then what happens? This is my idea. Only because we've had so much trouble getting races together. The person loses to beefcake but has a faster ET than Mike. That person goes to the #2 spot. If he's slower than Mike he goes to the #3 spot. This also stops people having to drop completely off the list if their car breaks. Just thinking out loud.
    Last edited by USMCPONY; 07-17-2015 at 04:47 PM.

The rules cover that. If u call me out and I cant make the race. U make a pass and u win. If u race beef and lose, then u have to race me to be 2cd. I think until the list is full, if u race a high spot and lose, u take the first open spot on the list, which in this case is 3rd. Races are gonna happen or spots move around. I cant wait to defend my spot. Dont need brakes to win. Lol. Thats what the sand is for. (Big talk, I'm fixing them this weekend.)

Quote Originally Posted by USMCPONY View Post
    I was actually thinking about that. It's so hard to get a race going. Let's say Mike is busy or he can't fix is brakes but beefcakes at the track. If that person beats him then hes #1 but if that person loses then what happens? This is my idea. Only because we've had so much trouble getting races together. The person loses to beefcake but has a faster ET than Mike. That person goes to the #2 spot. If he's slower than Mike he goes to the #3 spot. This also stops people having to drop completely off the list if their car breaks. Just thinking out loud.
    After thinking about this last night and rereading it this morning, I think we are pretty much on the same page. Only thing is, this isn't an et list, so et's don't enter the equation. So that's why I said they go to the first empty spot. I don't want anyone to get tossed off the list if their car can't make a call out, however, they should drop a spot if they are called out. Breaking is part of racing, but if they never get it fixed, they will eventually be called out off the list, or just bumped off since they can't defend their spot.

I'm thinking about putting some money up to get this list motivated. My plan is that everyone that is on the list at the end of the season, hopefully 12 people, we put all their names in a hat, and let a stranger pick one name, and they get the pot. We could get sponsors on the board and members to donate to the till and keep a running tab on it. What say you all?

And remember boys and girls, this list is for ANY MAKE AND MODEL. No prejudices here. Even Charlie is welcome.

Looks like I need to get on my car some time this year! I have a brand new built short block sitting here and haven't had the motivation to do the wiring and put the new motor in!

Here's your motivation!

Ok, so I defended my #2 spot tonight against cameron, he's now #3. So we have beef at 1 me at 2 and cam at 3. Tomorrow night i hope we have 3 or 4 more on the list and we can start having some more fun! This is a rush, I'm tellin ya. I don't care if I get smoked! I gave it my all.

I wish I could've made it. It sure sounds fun!
    1992 Gould GT project...

It was! I cant wait till tonight. I want to step it up a notch, so I have some ideas in the works for the next few weeks.

Lots of folks on the list currently. Make your callouts! Weather is great finally so lets start moving the list around!

Shannon ...... Where are you??????
    Are you going to be at kilkare Shannon??????lol
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013
    Fall 2011 Cincy Speed SCS Winner

Thread Information