Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The 2015 "Dirty Dozen Challenge" Rules and Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    "No near site"? Translation? You saying Tristate is closed for good?
    I'm unable to say that it is closed for good, but it's surely not looking good for now.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

That blows chunks man. I really liked Tri State. That was my fav track. Hope they reconsider or someone buys it.

On another note, I got the line lock in the LX tonight, and replaced the leaking frickin fittings on the side of the trans with the correct ones, and now no leaks. Took my wife for a ride in it, Hit it going down the street, it went into all the gears solid and hit the tires hard. I turned onto the straightaway, hit it again, tires started slipping, then hooked. Got to the end of the street and turned around, came up, straightened it out, hit the transbrake, floored it, let go the trans brake and the car hooked and took off. Each shift it dropped the rpms down and the car just pulled like a freight train. I officially call it good! It's fixed.

Good to hear, time to do some racing.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    On another note, I got the line lock in the LX tonight, and replaced the leaking frickin fittings on the side of the trans with the correct ones, and now no leaks. Took my wife for a ride in it, Hit it going down the street, it went into all the gears solid and hit the tires hard. I turned onto the straightaway, hit it again, tires started slipping, then hooked. Got to the end of the street and turned around, came up, straightened it out, hit the transbrake, floored it, let go the trans brake and the car hooked and took off. Each shift it dropped the rpms down and the car just pulled like a freight train. I officially call it good! It's fixed.

Nice, congrats!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

That blows chunks man. I really liked Tri State. That was my fav track. Hope they reconsider or someone buys it.
    Same here. It's quite a haul from my house to KK or Edgewater. Tristate was somewhat close.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Now you went and did it. You went and used the "F" word. Repaired, ready to try, resolved, complete, corrected, but NEVER EVER the "F" word. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Now you went and did it. You went and used the "F" word. Repaired, ready to try, resolved, complete, corrected, but NEVER EVER the "F" word. LOL!
    You're right, I went and set myself up now. Lol.

2-tone and I are going to be racing for list position on Thursday at kilkare. Is anyone else going to be there?
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

I hope to be there.

I plan on going as a spectator ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
    2-tone and I are going to be racing for list position on Thursday at kilkare. Is anyone else going to be there?
    Nope, Wish I could. Weeknight and I have to work Friday. Way too far to drive. Love the fried Bologna and Barbecue sandwiches there.

I would like to tentatively call out the winner of this race, if the weather holds out.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Well, it's official, I hate automatics. The valvebody and transbrake are screwed and might have taken all my new parts with it. Im pulling it out and sending it back and the inspecting all my internal trans parts to make sure nothing is damaged. Sucked, as I was really pumped up to run some good times. It ran like a beast on the street, but the transbrake quit working at the track and then bogged the engine down worse and worse each pass. It got to the point it would kill the engine when it went into gear. One of the few times the brake worked, it only stalled to 2k. So the thing left like a slug. One extreme to another, it sucks.

Rick. It was nice meeting you last night at kk. That little coupe is really going to run when you can make a full pass. I love that blue too. Nice car.

Steve
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Rick. It was nice meeting you last night at kk. That little coupe is really going to run when you can make a full pass. I love that blue too. Nice car.

Steve
    Thanks Steve it was nice to meet you too. Sorry, I was a bit overwhelmed with everything going on and trying to review logs. I hope to see you out there again, when we can talk more.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Well, it's official, I hate automatics. The valvebody and transbrake are screwed and might have taken all my new parts with it. Im pulling it out and sending it back and the inspecting all my internal trans parts to make sure nothing is damaged. Sucked, as I was really pumped up to run some good times. It ran like a beast on the street, but the transbrake quit working at the track and then bogged the engine down worse and worse each pass. It got to the point it would kill the engine when it went into gear. One of the few times the brake worked, it only stalled to 2k. So the thing left like a slug. One extreme to another, it sucks.
    Do yourself a favor and put a th400 in it. I had a PA supercomp c4. I got tired of pulling it and sending it back for warrenty work all the time. Did a ExtremeAutomatics th400 and never had another issue.
    2014 CTS V-sport
    2006-teen Black CCSB Powerstroke

Quote Originally Posted by JIMS SVT View Post
    Do yourself a favor and put a th400 in it. I had a PA supercomp c4. I got tired of pulling it and sending it back for warrenty work all the time. Did a ExtremeAutomatics th400 and never had another issue.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

That sucks man,I feel your pain! I went through the whole C4 thing with the coupe,never again! Whats up with the aod that was in it? That's a much stronger trans to start with, especially since its got the most expensive part already in it(valve body).

Thanks chad and Jim. I'm going to take it down to Allen and we are going to tear into it and he's going to cut the converter apart. I want to address the trans brake issue in the valve body and get that working, not sure what's up with why it's not. The converter is def shot in it, as it wouldn't rev past 5200, and the C4 revved to 6k+ with no tune changes. And it made 20 more hp as well. I got the power up over 400 rw, and was expecting a really good night. The valve body has been acting up with the button not needing to be pushed for reverse, it went right in without it, then the trans brake stopped working right, I needed to activate the brake with the button to get reverse again, but put it in first and hit the brake, and nothing. Now, it makes a good awful noise in gear and has a stall of 800, yep, 800, give it any fuel and the engine just bogs until it reaches 2000 rpms and then it starts to run decent again. I'm pulling the brake and valve body out and getting a better unit this week.

Thread Information