Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Doing it myself

Quote Originally Posted by USMCPONY View Post
    I ended up going with a Paxton Novi 2200R. It's basically a fully billet case and billet wheel YSI. So slightly better than a Vortech YSI. I also ordered the 10 rib cog drive.

OK how did I miss this? That is nice!!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by 86gt40 View Post
    Love the title. Something to be said for the one who builds his own. Just my opinion. Love it.
    Love the pic of the little guy in the seat
    And of course love the dog !
    Nice looking ride !
    Thanks man. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by USMCPONY; 05-02-2015 at 03:56 PM.

The 10 rib cog drive will be here Monday. Looks like she's going back up up on jack stands tonight or tomorrow.

Good looking car. Always like to drive one. Few more midlife crisis my happen and might get one.

Quote Originally Posted by cyah92 View Post
    Good looking car. Always like to drive one. Few more midlife crisis my happen and might get one.
    I guess I'm having my midlife crisis a little early lol.

Badass ride and a nice little do it yourself. Usually everything i do myself takes forever, you seem to be moving along super fast!! Maybe because i always have multiple project cars to split my money between.
    TnT Motorsports The Black Plague-90 hatch New daily 91 coupe

Quote Originally Posted by uknowho1702 View Post
    Badass ride and a nice little do it yourself. Usually everything i do myself takes forever, you seem to be moving along super fast!! Maybe because i always have multiple project cars to split my money between.
    Most of this stuff wasn't voluntary work lol. The trans was messed up when I bought it. After fixing that I quickly realized anything but drag radials is completely dangerous. Soon as boost kicks in it'll kick sideways at anytime. So I was basically forced to get a new set of wheels and tires. Plus I want a decent E.T. lol.

See you got the pic thing handled. Glad you got that taken care of. Sweet car as I've said before. I didn't know it was supercharged, I really like the setup, it's almost not noticeable under the hood it fits so well. Does the new one sit in the same way? It'll be noisy tho, so it'll lose its sleeper aspect, lol. As sleeper as that thing could be. I just did an ls1 engine replacement in a C5. Man these things are tight to work on, but everything went pretty smoothly. Looks like you did a really thorough, good job on the trans. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    See you got the pic thing handled. Glad you got that taken care of. Sweet car as I've said before. I didn't know it was supercharged, I really like the setup, it's almost not noticeable under the hood it fits so well. Does the new one sit in the same way? It'll be noisy tho, so it'll lose its sleeper aspect, lol. As sleeper as that thing could be. I just did an ls1 engine replacement in a C5. Man these things are tight to work on, but everything went pretty smoothly. Looks like you did a really thorough, good job on the trans. Congrats!
    I've used other hosts to post pictures on here before. I had to click the check mark in the box and after I do that. The pop up asking for the URL keeps jumping all over the screen. I figured it out though. Appreciate the kind words. The old supercharger was pretty quiet. You could hear a slight whistle at idle. You could hear it sucking in air and dumping boost If I gave 1/4 or more throttle. The 2200r whistles pretty loud at isle. Even with the hood closed you're going to hear it. Reminds me of my old Vortech I had on my fox body years ago. It's going to be sucking in 450 more cfm than my old blower. I'd expect it to be a little louder lol.
    Last edited by USMCPONY; 05-04-2015 at 04:28 PM.

I received some of the parts today. Should get the rest tomorrow.

Some more shiny parts. Still waiting on the 10 rib belt, balancer, and pulley.

Sexy
    2015 Gt

That's a Sweet Blower !!!

I just read the whole thing ... Very Impressive !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Thanks fellas

Well I guess I have to race it now...

Love the last picture!! That thing should make some power!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I sure hope so lol

Still waiting on the tensioner pulley.....

I love that the blower is bigger than the bumbo! Very cool. That is going to be one nasty street car.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy93lx View Post
    I love that the blower is bigger than the bumbo! Very cool. That is going to be one nasty street car.
    I sure hope so. I made allot of custom parts for this to work.

Thread Information