Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Doing it myself

I have some extra 10 rib belts with little to no wear/usage on them. How long of a belt do you need for that? Mine are in the mid 80s in length. Around 84" if I remember right.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    I have some extra 10 rib belts with little to no wear/usage on them. How long of a belt do you need for that? Mine are in the mid 80s in length. Around 84" if I remember right.
    Mine is really short cause it goes directly from the balancer to supercharger. I'll have to check the length.

My original daily driver was hit by a girl with out insurance so while waiting on my the two missing pieces to my Supercharger kit. I decided to upgrade the wheels and tires on my second daily. Original tires needed replaced and ive been looking to trade it in on something more capable of hauling my motocross bikes and my car to the track.

They're finally here. Time to start putting it all together again.

Nice!!! Can't wait to see it out. Hopefully I can get mine ready soon and maybe we can try them out! I know its gonna be nasty!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I got off work at 2:30am. Got home and installed all the parts. Got done around 7am. All the pullies are 3/16" off. I called them today and found out they forgot to make the custom spacers. They have to make them and send them to me. Who knows how long thats going to take. Now i have to take the supercharger off, disconnect all the lines again, take off all the belts and pullies. Wait for the spacers to get here and do it over again for the 10th time. I'm so over it.

Yeah,you never see guys tearing into their late model higher dollar corvettes. Its cool to see the rear end out where the torque tube connects up. I always wondered what that looked like.

The window sticker was only $77,000. Pocket change to the guys buying GTR's and Lamborghini's and putting $150,000 worth of modifications to them lol.
    Last edited by USMCPONY; 06-27-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCPONY View Post
    I got off work at 2:30am. Got home and installed all the parts. Got done around 7am. All the pullies are 3/16" off. I called them today and found out they forgot to make the custom spacers. They have to make them and send them to me. Who knows how long thats going to take. Now i have to take the supercharger off, disconnect all the lines again, take off all the belts and pullies. Wait for the spacers to get here and do it over again for the 10th time. I'm so over it.
    Man that sucks! That sounds about like my luck! Good luck and hope you get it back together soon.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Man that sucks! That sounds about like my luck! Good luck and hope you get it back together soon.
    Definitely frustrating cause now the 10 rib belt is over hanging the front of the water pump pulley about 3/16". They're claiming is ok cause the pulley is tapered in the front so it won't damage the belt. Still not happy about it cause I'll have to buy another water pump with a larger pulley to fix it. Also the custom hydraulic line for the steering rack/power steering pump they sent me is 180 degrees off. I spent over a hour trying to get it to line up. I may have to have a hydraulic shop custom make another one with swivel fittings.

You would think they would have everything lined out by now. Im sure others have bought the same things in the past.

Any good hydraulic hose shop should be able to fix you up. I know down in West Union Ohio, Huntley Brothers auto parts shop would make about anything you could need. Farmers used them a lot for tractor hoses.
    1992 Gould GT project...

You would think they would have everything lined out by now. Im sure others have bought the same things in the past.

Any good hydraulic hose shop should be able to fix you up. I know down in West Union Ohio, Huntley Brothers auto parts shop would make about anything you could need. Farmers used them a lot for tractor hoses.
    I believe there's only about 20 people who have this kit. I agree, should be a bolt on kit but it's far from it. Now I have to take everything off again to fix it cause its right behind the power steering pulley which is behind the cog drive, which it under the alternator bracket, which is under the alternator which is under the new direct drive system, which is connected to 4 belts, that I can't get off cause the steering rack is in the way lol.
    Last edited by USMCPONY; 06-29-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Good god!!! That does suck!!!
    1992 Gould GT project...

I keep telling myself is going to be worth it but honestly the car was fast before. I wish I would of left out alone.

There always has to be another Guinea Pig, I hate to hear it but keep at it.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

I'm sure it will be worth it in the end! Just sucks you have to jump through so many hoops to get it done.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Hopefully my new water pump with a 10 rib pulley will be here tomorrow. I might have to weld the balancer to the water pump. Allot of guys are having trouble with the balancer backing out or coming off.

I ended up having to take everything back off and space the tensioner. Put everything back on again. Went to put the supercharger belt on and the ls3 water pump pulley was to narrow. Never even thought about the water pump. So I had to take the supercharger, all brackets, intercooler intake pipe, water pump, coolant hoses back off and drain the coolant. Good news, I went with a ls6 water pump and thermostat. Couldn't find a thermostat housing so hopefully my ls3 housing works. I ended up welding the pulley to the water pump. That way it don't back off.

Tested to see what material its made of. It's definitely carbon steel.

Done! Took literally 2 minutes.

I used 316L stainless steel wire and once it cooled down I painted the bare area to prevent rusting.

Are they known for the pulleys to come off? I don't know much about them.

Looks liked your finally making some head way now though. Hope to get to see it out soon!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Are they known for the pulleys to come off? I don't know much about them.

Looks liked your finally making some head way now though. Hope to get to see it out soon!
    I've never heard it happen on mustangs. I know a couple guys on the corvette forum had a couple back out about 1/4". They welded it and solved the problem. I welded it as a extra precaution. These guys are also running 900rwhp-1500rwhp. I won't be near that for a while lol.

Thread Information