Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thursday and Friday

Yea someone fill us in !
    86. Gt. 4 eyes baby!
    92 lx convertible
    96 Chevy cavalier (rip)
    99 Eddie bauer expedition. Alive again !!
    08 gmc Yukon Denali xl.
    98 Buick park ave. (61k miles)
    93 notch.

My $25 pass that took an hour to get through the line on and then got the wrong time slip because someone apparently had a senior moment reading the number on the windshield. I'll never go to a track on a lights out night again. Audio sux. I'm going to get another action cam.
    http://youtu.be/Suh3TdGniv8

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86gt40 View Post
    Yea someone fill us in !
    I'll let those who raced tell their stories.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 07-25-2015 at 09:22 AM.

WOW! What a night of racin!!! Everyone that wasn't there missed out. FNL has some awesome racing and plenty of time for test and tune and they worked us into their busy schedule to get our grudge races off. Ok, so the night started off with Beef at #1, me at #2, and Cam at #3. I was called out by Shannon and S281 right off the bat. I raced S281 and I won that race. That made him #4. Then I raced shannon. His car was flat working last night. He beat me by a mile. My car needs some attention, so I'm done for the night. He wasn't 100%, but he was still up for a race. Now the list is Beef 1, shannon 2, and me 3, cam 4 and S281 at 5. S281 is challenged by Lamba, and S281 wins. That makes lamba 6. Following a long? lol. So next up Shannon comes to me since brian wasn't able to be there and he challenges Beef to a race for 1. Then we run into Steve Shmidt and he wants on the list, he challenges Lamba to a race, so he can get on as well. Still with me? I go up to the guy that runs the races and he says he will work the races in as best he can, but only after everyone has raced and lost that is in our grudge matches. First round beef and Shannon are out, so we get that together. Beef agreed to hang out even tho it was late so Shannon could get his shot. The race drew quite a crowd and they pulled up to the line. The chick dropped her arms(arm drop start) and shannon carries the wheels for 10 feet and then beef realizes the race started without him and takes off. Beef is reeling him in after the 1/8 mile and everyone in the stands was on their feet. Shannons win light comes on and the place goes crazy. Now we have a new number 1!!!! Shannon is number 1 and Beef #2. Awesome racing so far. Saying it was close is an understatement, shannon's .40 to Beef's .41, doesn't get any closer than that boys and girls. Next up, Steve just can't lose. He tried to lose first round, but the guy thought he was jerkin his chain and ends up red lighting. Next round, wins again, next and the next, then finally in the 5th round, he loses. lol. Car sounded like it was on point. And Steve can shift that mug with the best of them. So next up is Lamba vs Steve for the 6 spot. They do their burnouts, people come from the entire park to the fences and railings to watch. Everyone is standing. They come up to the line, bump in, Lamba is up in r's, steve hits his two step at like 10k it sounded like, and the girl drops her arms, Steve lets it fly and so does Lamba, pretty close launch. Lamba shoots out of the hole and steve's car makes a horrible bang noise and stops. Lamba for the win, steve gets pushed off by officials and towed away by big rob. clanking and banging has he went.
    Some freakin incredilble racing. I want those guys to post up their experience, as I'm getting goosebumps just typing it out. It is incredible watching these challenges play out, and to put it mildly, it's the biggest rush you'll ever have in racing, lining up next to a competitor, running for something that matters, not just a slip.
    So now the list is 1 Shannon, 2 Beef, 3 me, 4 Cameron, 5 is S281, 6 Lamba, and 7 Steve Shmidt. WOW! is all I can say, it was simply the best night of racing I've gotten to be around in years. Thanks to everyone! This list is ALIVE!!!!! AHHHHAAAAHHHHAAAAA!!!

It was a late and great night of racing. The highlight of the night was Beefcake and Shannon's race for the #1 spot. It doesn't get any better than that! For those of you that were there, it was great seeing you. If you weren't, I'm sorry you missed out.

Man... It sucks I missed it!!! I will be at one of these soon! Hopefully at Kilkare. I haven't been back to E20 for a while and said I wouldn't due to Dick still running things.

Maybe we can get one of these set up for Kilkare and get more action going. Maybe a track day type of thing with a bunch of Bangerz.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Well I enjoyed the video. Next best thing to being there
    86. Gt. 4 eyes baby!
    92 lx convertible
    96 Chevy cavalier (rip)
    99 Eddie bauer expedition. Alive again !!
    08 gmc Yukon Denali xl.
    98 Buick park ave. (61k miles)
    93 notch.

Where is the video????
    1992 Gould GT project...

Sounds like it was a good time!

Who's lamba btw?
    2011 Black on Black GT

Lamba is matt. He has been to lots of track activities and wanted in on the dozen so he registered and jumped in. He and his bro s281 are great people. We will prob be at kk thurs again.

Hmm I don't see any Lamba on the members list. Is it Lambo maybe? What's he drive? Make sure he posts up!
    2011 Black on Black GT

Yeah its Lambo. Saw he is the newest member earlier.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Anyone that did make this, you missed out on a great evening of Racing.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Would have replied earlier but have been running all day. What a great night of hanging with friends and doing some racing! Heads up is SUCH a rush and my win just goes to show you the fastest guy don't always win, anything can happen. Big thanks to Mike for pushing to get this going!
    94 Cobra, 9.54@141.17 1.32 60' -1.29 best...kennebell 2.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGXfeucShE (sold)
    90lx(Flamer)stock 302 iron gt-40's tf stage 1 cam Dynoed 328h 342t 11.57@115.06 (sold)

89 coupe 302 iron gt-40's, 373-363 NO NOS! 10.88@123.3 (Retired)

"New combo"... NA 363, tf 190 11r's, 5spd 9.93@137.88, 3275 lbs (ac/ps)

Happy to do it Shannon, mad props to you and Beef or making this night so exciting. It was a great race, and no shit, everyone, I mean EVERYONE in the stands was on their feet when you guys left the starting line. It was the most exciting race I've seen in years. I was so happy to be there. It was incredible. I'm glad I had this idea to do the dozen, and glad that show street outlaws is out there to fuel these fires. I'm happy you got to experience the heads up adrenaline rush! it's cost me thousands and now I can just drive to my local track and experience it! congrats at #1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris91 View Post
    Hmm I don't see any Lamba on the members list. Is it Lambo maybe? What's he drive? Make sure he posts up!
    Woops, my bad. Blame the hyperadrenaline state I was in when I wrote that. lol.

Sounds like it was an exciting night. Wish I could've made it. Congrats Shannon. I will be out of town for the next one but I hope I make one of them or maybe even compete at some point. Congrats Mike for a well planned and exciting event. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! It was so impromptu, but so well executed, that it was a blast!

It was a lot of fun. I am up for some challenges if we can get set up for a KK test and tune some time soon... Cameron I look forward to meeting you and getting a race set up... You are in between me and a rematch with Mike... so....

Steve
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

I put in for this Thursday off so if it don't rain, I'll be at kilkare.
    1992 Gould GT project...

After this Monday there's going to be some hurt feelings.... lol

Thread Information