Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road America October 3-4, 2015

Has anyone besides 86gt40 actually done any road course stuff? It's actually a blast. Once upon a time I was a 2-time Porsche loser, I mean owner, (thanks for having your lawyer get those, Jeni, you bitch) and got involved with PCA. Led to autocross, and some track days at Sebring and Daytona. While it takes some skill to get a nose-heavy car down a drag strip, the dudes that usually play on curves can effing DRIVE! I was not one of those guys. Still a lot of fun. You Terminator guys would probably eat that shit up.
    Certified Jeep Wave Recipient

No racing budget to even think about W2W racing, but I build transmissions for SCCA racers.

2015 Runoffs, F Prod, Kevin Ruck for the NASCAR style finish, is a customer of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
    Has anyone besides 86gt40 actually done any road course stuff? It's actually a blast. Once upon a time I was a 2-time Porsche loser, I mean owner, (thanks for having your lawyer get those, Jeni, you bitch) and got involved with PCA. Led to autocross, and some track days at Sebring and Daytona. While it takes some skill to get a nose-heavy car down a drag strip, the dudes that usually play on curves can effing DRIVE! I was not one of those guys. Still a lot of fun. You Terminator guys would probably eat that shit up.
    I've raced American Iron for many years with my '95 Cobra R. Took a couple of years away from full-on, still try to make a few track events each year to keep the cobwebs off. Its like a hit from a crack pipe. Once you do it, other forms of racing just don't compare. Great thing about many events is if you want to learn, they'll put an instructor in your car with you and slowly get you dialed in. You will be amazed at how slow the driver is and how well even a shitbox with no mods can handle. You don't need to start with anything race prepped. Just show up with your daily driver and go from there! It is ALL about the nut that holds the wheel!
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!

-- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by Black Horse View Post
    I've raced American Iron for many years with my '95 Cobra R. Took a couple of years away from full-on, still try to make a few track events each year to keep the cobwebs off. Its like a hit from a crack pipe. Once you do it, other forms of racing just don't compare. Great thing about many events is if you want to learn, they'll put an instructor in your car with you and slowly get you dialed in. You will be amazed at how slow the driver is and how well even a shitbox with no mods can handle. You don't need to start with anything race prepped. Just show up with your daily driver and go from there! It is ALL about the nut that holds the wheel!
    Agreed! The first autox I attended in the 951, was won by a guy in a bone stock Neon. Dude had zero fear and knew how to toss his car around. Tami will probably try this vintage road stuff out once I finish her Midget.
    Certified Jeep Wave Recipient

Thread Information