Thread: Cobra won't start

Cobra won't start

This is driving me crazy. Here's what I know (or think I know). '99 Cobra Turn the key, no click, no nothing. Checked all the starter fuses - good. Pulled the starter relay. Power is there, but no power to the switching side when key turned. Have power to the clutch switch and jumpered, still nothing. The theft control seems to be working as normal - with ignition off, theft indicator flashes. Key on, theft lights solid for 3 seconds then goes out - tells me the PATS system is recognizing the key code.

I have had this issue a couple of times. Usually turning the key a few times and it will fire the starter. This time, no soap. (Don't you hate intermittent issues?) Its dead now, no more intermittent ghost chasing!

Its something ahead of the starter relay, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!

-- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

So are you saying you arent getting power up to the key?I have a cobra myself so will be glad to check and do some tests on my car to verify functionality.

Did you check all of your grounds, Dave?

It doesn't really sound like a ground problem, but those are pesky little bastards!

~ JEFF ~

'04 Mach1

Thread Information