Thread: So, I'm a Dumba$$

So, I'm a Dumba$$

So yesterday I was planning on taking off the whole day to spend it with my daughter and have a little downtime. Well, being the anal retentive guy I am, I had a car on the lift that needed finishing up and I decided to go in and finish it up. My daughter had to go to my wife's nanny job with her and endure the spoiled kids she takes care of. So I go in and get to it. Got the trans in and then faced the butchered exhaust. I worked and worked on it,exhaust shop guy had put the wrong std nut on the 11mm metric thread of the motorsport headers and it wouldn't get tight. So I call every parts house known to man looking for the dorman 03144 stud and nut kit since 11mm is non existent in the aftermarket nut and bolt world. As my luck would have it, no one has it, intergalactic backorder on it. shit. So I decide fuck it, I'm going to go get my daughter and forget about it. Right? Wrong, pick her up, get something to eat and I'm obsessing over how to fix this exhaust and finish the job. My daughter tells me now she knows why her teachers say she beats herself up when she makes a mistake or doesn't get something on the first try. lol. She comes by it honestly. So she says she will go with me. So armed with her kendle fire we go to the shop. I start rummaging around through the still-unpacked boxes that litter the shop to no avail. I then moved to my bolt bins, and after about 25 minutes of scraping through years of collected hardware, I find it. The one nut that was in good enough shape to save was still there. I go out and try it and sure enough, it's the one! I tighten them up and start the vehicle, but it's still barely leaking. I tighten a little more and still a slight leak on one side. The side the exhaust guy hacked the side of the flange off so the hole is now U shaped and slips out from under the stack of washers he put on it to compensate for that. Shit. So I think and think, look at the time and it's after 4. Daughter and I shut down the shop and head for home. Get home and wife is leaving for a funeral, daughter is setting up monopoly in the basement, and I'm checking movie times. Movie starts in an hour and 10. I get her motivated and start heating up our left over dinners. We sit down and watch some TV while eating, Judge Judy to be exact. Dog episode. So 10 minutes before the movie time starts, we leave and head up. I like getting there about 10 min late so when you sit down the movie will start shortly thereafter. We timed it right and still had popcorn and pop when it started. Get out of the movie, The little dinosaur, and head home. Wife comes in a few minutes afterwards, still emotional from the funeral. We sit down and watch some Alaskan Brown Family, or whatever it's called, and feel much better about ourselves as a result. Daughter goes to bed, wife goes to bed, and it's 10 pm. Then it hits me. Shit! I forgot to go to the turkey farm and pick up our turkey!!! So after a sleepless night, I get up snatch the daughter up too and we head out to Krogers. Largest one in the area. Sold out of turkeys. Shit! So next one is too. Get donuts and send my buddy with the turkey farm an apology for not picking up my turkey and a pleading for him to sell me one this morning. He says sure come on down. I drop off the daughter and donuts at home and head towards wilmington at light speed. Got the turkey home, unfrozen thank God, and set down here to share my exploits with the bangerz family. What a day. Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Im just glad to have the day off for this one! Family time!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

WOW! I'll say it backwards even...WOW! That wore me out.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

If that's downtime, I would hate to see it when you are set on crazy busy!
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!

-- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

LOL. Yeah.

Thread Information