Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1992 LX Hatch Coyote Swap in Progress

Did ya clean the whole rear end, or just the cover?

I need to get my 10 bolt to the pressure washer (car wash) but I havent decided which cleaner to start with. I was thinking simple green and then some Easy Off.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Did ya clean the whole rear end, or just the cover?

I need to get my 10 bolt to the pressure washer (car wash) but I havent decided which cleaner to start with. I was thinking simple green and then some Easy Off.
    The housing was already painted, it just needs wiped down for touchup. Yeah, that's how I'd do it but you have to let it dry completely before the oven cleaner or it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Thanks man, means a lot coming from you, your stuff is always perfect.
    I do alot with spray cans. These products are really good nowadays. Spraymax 2k make u look like a pro!

Car is pretty much done finally. We spent a lot of time on it finishing it all up. I spent a lot of afternoons and evenings over the past 2 weeks getting it done. It's ready for the dyno now, and the MAF transfer function is way off, so it'll be nice to get it all tuned up.

First off, we put CC plates on so the SN lower control arms could be aligned. Plus it adds to the aluminum already under the hood.

I finally had a warm enough day to clean and paint the calipers, so I fired up the furnace and got it really warm in the shop, then cleaned the calipers and brushed on the paint. I also cleaned up the rotors and painted the hats to keep a really nice, clean look through the wheels.

And a picture of the cleaned up seats after my wife used her steam cleaner on them. I have mats and some plastic sticky carpet protector film I'm putting on after she cleans the carpets off. Yeah, we got them dirty already. This is the plastic stuff you see at homearama on the carpets to keep dirt off them.

I gutted the metering block, and put in an adjustable proportioning valve on the passenger side, so the brakes are all done too. No pics of that stuff tho. I also pulled out the e brake handle and modified it for the disc brakes, got a really nice cable kit for them from Late Model(yech), and got all that installed and adjusted. I can't wait to get this out and drive it.

Thread Information