Thread: Mass Air upgrade idle issues

Mass Air upgrade idle issues

So wrapped up my mass air upgrade o my 86 tonight. Back story, it is an 86 svo with 5.0 swap. Motor was swapped before i owned it, and has a few things like lifters and cam done.
    So, hooked everything up and since i put a new t5 into last winter, i already have a vss installed (svo did not have since they dont have cruise). I wired the vss with a new connector and ran to pins 3 and 6. Now after starting the car up, the idle surges and stalls out. seems to bob around 500 rpm, not 750, and bounces between 250 and just below 750. tried switching the vss wires and maybe now a hair worse, so will flip back tomorrow (too loud after 10pm). Heard I should start it up and adjust the idle screw on the throttle body. Any other thoughts besides that? Everything worked fine with the speed density yesterday before i did this (just ran rich and not as well above 2500 rpm). I do seem to have various connectors not hooked up (not sure what they are for, but they were never connected before). Any help would be appreciated. Figures nothing every works as easy as it should be.
    Finally got a new addition!!!
    86' SVO with 5.0 swap
    Two black lines on the ground behind me

We did my boys 86 which was a factory 5.0 car but we didn't wire up the VSS. No issues. We are also using the A9P computer so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Video updates... Cleaned out IAC and added some water out to the gas. Car had sat for about 2-3 months. Ran fine on Sunday and washed her up. On way home from the wash, had a little bit of sputtering, but went right away and no idle issues when I parked it back in the garage.

https://youtu.be/_j77yGms2O8

https://youtu.be/Z0plUDLtjBE
    86' SVO with 5.0 swap

Running better than ever. completed stoked!!! Come on warm weather!!!

Thanks again Mike
    86' SVO with 5.0 swap

Thread Information