Thread: Mac long tubes in a 98?

Mac long tubes in a 98?

Is dropping the stock k member the only way to fit MAC longtubes into a 98. I have lifted the engine as high as it will go and disconnected the steering shaft and no luck so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cobra or Gt? I had no issues getting the headers on my 98 cobra, but I also dropped the motor down and raised the car up.

I had the engine and trans out. They would not fit going in through the hood. Tried putting the motor in and lifting all up into the trans tunnel and disconnected the steering shaft and no luck. Seems like only option is to drop the k member.

I have always dropped the k member for headers. Just drill a small alignment hole in each side before you remove it. You can use those holes as a guide when you reinstall. Hopefully that will save you an alignment job.

I drop the kmember. I disconnect the a arms or at the ball joint, depending on how rusty the bolts are on the a arms. Only way I've found to do it unless you have an aftermarket kmember.

I am going to drop the k member but now I think I might go with a tubular k member since I am pulling it out. Now I just need to decide on which one. I want to keep my current suspension set up H&R race springs and Koni yellow adjustable struts. I was thinking maybe team z kmember? Any suggestions?

It will need to be a kmember that works with stock control arms and has spring perch mounts as well. Team z is like every other one out there. They all have their plusses and minuses. I know Qa1 works with stock control arms, but I don't like the way they are made personally, but since you want to keep your suspension pieces you are going to be limited somewhat as to your choices.

Thread Information