Thread: 2016 Dirty Dozen ET Rules and Discussion Thread

2016 Dirty Dozen ET Rules and Discussion Thread

This thread is for discussion on the 2016 Dirty Dozen ET List. This is where you post complaints, questions, congrats to other racers, etc. There will be an ET thread to post times in and ONLY to post times in. Everything else regarding The Dozen comes here. So, here goes.

1) A Ford-powered Mustang/Capri with current registration, tags, and insurance.

Easy enough. All 3 of these items will be checked before the final 12 are decided. No dealer tags, tags from your buddy, or any car other than yours. Tags/registration must match car in question. Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

2) Be an active member on this site.

You don't have to be a post whore. Just show up at some events, participate in the forums, help others build their rides, etc.. There's no membership fees, it's all free. This is just so somebody in another locale doesn't pop up on the site, post a number and expect to become part of the list. Stangbangerz is more than a message board. Its a close knit group of enthusiasts that happen to drive Mustangs. Hell, some of us have other rides/interests too, if you think of this small little section of the net as a message board only, well, you're wrong.

3) Break Rule/No Longer Own Car

If you break (have a catastrophic failure of some sort, like blowing your engine up) post up that you have done so and need to be removed from the list. This also applies if you sell your car.

The Dirty Dozen has always been on the "Honor System." When you break or sell your Stang, you are SUPPOSE to post it up so you can be removed from the list and give your fellow Stangbangerz the oppurtunity to join the list. If you've got a catastrophic failure or sell your car just post up that you've done so. Please don't let us have to find out through the "grapevine." It may end up causing permanent loss of participation on the list.

4) Local Tracks

Runs must be made at a local T&T at Edgewater, Kil-Kare or Tri-State with at least one fellow SBZ member witnessing them (these are our local tracks). Times ran at NMRA Norwalk, National Trail, or Bowling Green will also be eligible but will still need at least one SBZ member as a witness.

Cutoff Date

The cutoff date for having your time count for The Dozen will be when the last of the local tracks closes for the year.

Posts originally posted by vinny5oh, and still apply.

The intent of the Dozen is to see who has the 12 fastest street legal Mustangs (or Capris ) in the area. Don't make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Unless we decide to take it to the next level, we're not going to worry about a bunch of rules, who's car is more streetable, blah, blah. Get your asses out there, have some fun, run whatcha brung and hope you brought enough. The end.

Remember kids, this is for fun, bragging rights and a decal....nothing more. No big money prizes, no sponsorship deals, no trophies....just some good ole boys bringing out their cars and putting a beating on 1320 feet of tarmac!

The "rules" are posted. I really don't want to get very strict on them. I tried keeping them loose enough so any local Stangbanger could get in on it at anytime.

DOT tires will not be required. Mufflers for turbo combinations will no longer be required.

There will be events, get-togethers, cruises, etc., planned throughout the year, get out to them and have some FUN. We will be trying to have a special Running of The Dozen towards the end of the year to hopefully get the whole list out there tearing it up! When something becomes official we'll let you know ASAP so there will be plenty of time to make plans to attend. It's not going to be a mandatory event but would love to see as many peeps out there as possible representing Stangbangerz. POST UP YOUR TIMES!! Post your time slips, pictures, videos, etc., we want to see it all! It's not a requirement but it makes all of this that much better! This is YOUR list folks. Lets do Vinny proud and fill this thing up with a bunch of great racing and good times. Last year was a very good rebound year for The Dozen, let's make it even better in 2016! Thanks for reading, hope to see you all out on the 1320.

-DM

Chad it looks like you got some good MPH. Its got 10's in it Id say. Just got to get the 60 ft. down.

And that's moving for the stock convertible WCKDGT. I wasn't sure what they ran stock but that's impressive.
    Last edited by draggin50; 03-26-2016 at 08:21 PM.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Chad, good mph. Easy 10's with more seat time and getting off the line better. Congrats.
    2011 5.0 with a couple turbos.
    Best ET 8.87 lifting....

Thanks guys.

Bob, That's better than my stock best in the 13 and you have some extra added weight with the drop top. Get that thing tuned and get it back to the track and your deep 12's easy if not possibly 11's.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 03-26-2016 at 08:50 PM.

thanks guys, gonna try to get 11s this year hopefully, gotta put the car parts on hold till after the baby is born. gonna order my tuner Monday and possibly some taller DR's Friday.
    Present: 2014 GT vert - Lund tuned, Frpp cobra jet setup, 3" O/R X-pipe, GT500 mufflers, BMR drag springs, 20x9/10.5 STR 607's

Would have loved to been there, keep at it guys!
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

well got my lund tune and the 1st hit was a 12.4 @ 112 w prolly a 15 min cool down before. man the tune really woke this thing up, finished the night w a 12.36 @ 113. now its time to work on the 60 foot
    Present: 2014 GT vert - Lund tuned, Frpp cobra jet setup, 3" O/R X-pipe, GT500 mufflers, BMR drag springs, 20x9/10.5 STR 607's

It was good to see it out last night, keep at it and it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by WCKDGT View Post
    well got my lund tune and the 1st hit was a 12.4 @ 112 w prolly a 15 min cool down before. man the tune really woke this thing up, finished the night w a 12.36 @ 113. now its time to work on the 60 foot
    That's pretty good!!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Well, another great weekend for us and an upcoming weekend for call outs.
    Really anticipating getting the car down the track to be able to catch up with you Brian. Lol

Im still waiting to see your car at one of the cruise ins!!!

Im already getting passed by!! Oh well, #1 for a day!
    1992 Gould GT project...

I thought the track qualified as a cruise in, right?

I also enjoy the fact Brian that this is all being done through an exhaust, streetability when it comes time.

Flyin Brian! Man thats some good drivin.

That's improvement Brian, Congrats!

Yeah after the crappy outcome at Columbus, I'm glad to see its back to its old self. I got rid of the N2MB box. I'm not sure of the problem with it. I'm thinking it had to do with clutch switch adjustment and me having one foot on the pedal. But either way, drove it there and back and went a 10.74 and 10.51.
    1992 Gould GT project...

There you go.

Congrats to Shannon on his first long fought for 9 second pass N/A in the coupe.

Congrats to all you guys on the runs.

Thread Information