Thread: uninsured motorists

uninsured motorists

So I get the dreaded call at work yesterday. My son's been in an accident. As I'm flying out of the mill to the scene, my wife is telling me he is ok, no need to leave work. I should of listened. However, knowing what's going to happen to my car if it gets towed to the local towing storage vacility, I proceed. Quickly by the way... as I approach the scene, I cannot get to the accident from traffic being backed up, so up the grass I go, back down on pavement once I reach the police cruiser, so in my work clothes I run to my son, I'm filthy dirty with acid, acid dust and general mill dirt covering me, the officer proceeds to tell me what happened, so not only was the jack ass that rear ended him on the phone, he had no insurance.i asked where the young man was, sure enough, he was allowed to drive off, given 48 hours to come up with Insurance. Wtf, 48 hours to COME UP WITH??. So no insurance at time of wreck. The law states he has 48 hours. So I'm stuck suckling up tow, losing a car, and generally be put out. Thankfully I had full coverage, and the boy is ok, so now the pain starts with the fighting of getting the car fixed or replaced. Uninsured. Wtf.
    86. Gt. 4 eyes baby!
    92 lx convertible
    96 Chevy cavalier (rip)
    99 Eddie bauer expedition. Alive again !!
    08 gmc Yukon Denali xl.
    98 Buick park ave. (61k miles)
    93 notch.

Sorry to hear. The most important thing is your son is ok. If he doesn't come up with it maybe take him to small claims court for the deductible, rental car fees? Maybe some sort of compensation for if your insurance goes up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 Cobra Sold

1992 Mustang GT 80k M.I. couple bolt on's.

Damn that sucks Jason! I hope they get it taken care of and your not out anything but I highly doubt they will. Its a shame how uninsured motorists like that usually get away with it and don't have to pay a dime.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

You can bet that POS is going into hibernation with 48 hours. Hope you got a copy of the police report. Sorry for your ill fortune.

Since when do you have 48 hrs to get insurance? That's crazy. Sorry to hear man, that sucks.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Every year the state weakens the laws when it comes to uninsured/suspended motorists. He more than likely will get his license suspended which just means he will forever be paying fines. He should also go under a judgement suspension, which means he will have to pay off your damages before he can get his license reinstated.
    2017 BMW 430i
    2012 Chevy Impala 9C3

I was stopped once and I didn't have a current insurance card in the vehicle. I had 48 hours to provide proof of insurance.

Driving without insurance should be a capital offence, along with computer hacking and identity theft. Would only have to execute a couple and these crimes would stop.
    OK, I know this would never happen, but it's a nice idea.
    2006 Premium GT Convertible
    Screaming Yellow, Black Top
    CORSA Performance Exhaust
    Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts
    5 Speed
    Satellite Radio
    Shaker 500 Audio System
    MGW Shifter
    6000K HID headlights
    Brenspeed 89 octane tune
    Verdestein Hypertyrac tires

Thread Information