Thread: Spindle bearings?

Spindle bearings?

Does anyone happen to know if a mustang ll spindle and a fox body spindle could use the same hub/bearing? V8 or 4 cylinder?
    2014 CTS V-sport
    2006-teen Black CCSB Powerstroke

Mustang II brakes are similar to fox brakes but different. I have a Mustang II and a fox. Ford did some funny things in the 70's with brakes and suspension. Depending on the rear axle and gear ratio, the car would have different front brakes. Probably between a 4cy and a v6/v8 model.

Same with a fox, the 4cyl car's had smaller brakes and bearings than a V8 car.

I did a quick search on rockauto.com for bearings, and it appears that the V8 Fox front bearings are the same as some of the Mustang II bearings, but I am not sure if the Mustang II that is compatible with the fox bearings are from a 4cyl or if it's a v6/v8 model.

As far as rotors go, they are different.

Well I'm trying to come come up with something for this 66 Nova I'm building. It has a mustang lol front end and willwoods brakes. But I want to out a real coilover strut on it like on a fox. Tie it off the bars I've ran from the main cage through the firewall. And a fox spindle has the mounts for the strut like I.want to use.
    2014 CTS V-sport

But it still has the upper and lower control arms like a mustang II right? But tubular I assume? or older original Mustang II stuff? The shock bolts to the lower control arm right? Don't think that will work w/ a fox setup.

Pretty sure coilovers exist for Mustang II front ends as well.

Even if you get lucky and the rotors you're using match the bearings used by a V8 foxbody, the rotors are still different, and I think that may hurt you if you try to swap spindles. I'm thinking you'd run into diameter issues and perhaps issues with backspacing of the rotor disc itself.

Are your spindles an original cast style or a modern machined spindle? I believe there was a company out there that sold drop spindles for Mustang II front ends, that were not cast. I could be wrong of course, but If that was the case and they weren't cast, You could probably modify a set of those to work.

It has all brand new aftermarket willwood spindles and brakes on a aftermarket bolt on front end. With qa1 coilovers that are about 7" long. Aftermarket tubular upper and lower a arms. I want to use the brakes/hub I have on a fox spindle so I can use a fox style strut. It'll have way more travel this way. Do away with the upper a arms. I'll make a mount to bolt the strut to my front bars off the cage.
    2014 CTS V-sport

Thread Information