Thread: AC on the wifes car

AC on the wifes car

Well we have noticed the AC in my wife's car doesn't blow cold in traffic. So when it went in to the dealer for service we had them check it out. they said the clutch on the compressor is bad and it needs a new compressor. The price they quoted was crazy and I told them I wanted to shop around at other shops. when they returned the car it doesn't blow any cold air now and the compressor doesn't kick on.
    Does anyone have a AC shop they would recommend? It is a 2005 ford Freestyle with the 3.0. I need to get this fixed soon as we are taking it on vacation in a few weeks.

There is a low pressure cutout on the AC system somewhere on the freon (no better term) pressure side. If it is disconnected or the system is low the it will not allow the compressor to kick on. If it is that low it may take two cans to get it up to the proper capacity. Also check to make sure they did not pop the fuse that powers the compressor AND that the compressor is plugged in. Lebanon Ford service department is a trustworthy group. That is the only place I can recommend Rusty. I wouldn't buy a car from them, but their service department because of the crooked New Car Manager they have working there named Zak (unless he has finally been demoted or fired) but the service department is on the up and up.

Like Chad said, they either disconnected a wire for the compressor clutch, hi pressure sensor or they pulled or even maybe put in a bad A/C switch relay.
    If it originally was blowing warmer air at idle speeds, it more than likely was just low on refrigerant.
    Where did you take it too?
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Bring it over,
    86. Gt. 4 eyes baby!
    92 lx convertible
    96 Chevy cavalier (rip)
    99 Eddie bauer expedition. Alive again !!
    08 gmc Yukon Denali xl.
    98 Buick park ave. (61k miles)
    93 notch.

Middletown Ford.

Thread Information