Thread: Return Fuel System Vs. Returnless

Return Fuel System Vs. Returnless

My 07 CV has the returnless fuel system which I'm not too familiar with. What I was wondering was, is it worth it to convert it over to return style, what are the pros of each, and of course the cons?
    An obstacle is something a person sees when they take their eyes off the goal

Bahahaha sorry Crown Vic

In a mildly modified car no it's not worth it.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

I'm planning on going with a turbo. Would that make it worth it?

^^^That's what I was thinking. Returnless is more street friendly under milder applications as well in the fact it does not dump hot fuel back into the tank. This also helps drive ability and efficency up to a point and in theory lowers emissions. I'm running the factory system with a boost-a-pump on an FI setup. So for smaller applications like mine it works well until one decideas to go E-85 for more HP, then most will go return style and do the full monty then. That usually involves twin pumps (minimum) in an FI application staging the second pump on through Hobbs switch 9pressure sensor) that activates the second pump at about 2 psi boost on street driven setups. On full blown race applications they simply run both or all pumps full out.

And thanks for clarifying CV. I realized after I revisited your first post.

Awesome info bro. I'm guessing the best route would be dual pumps with a fuel cell?

I'd checkout Behind Bars Race Cars. They offer some pretty sweet fuels systems including tanks.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Nice! I'll definitely take a look.

Thread Information