Thread: E20 8/6/16 - Sat Bracket

E20 8/6/16 - Sat Bracket

Anyone else planning on heading to E20 for brackets on Saturday? I am planning on heading down and racing.

what area do you set up in? Most of us who go for TT, UMTR, and soforth set up along the staging lanes furthest down from tech regardless of which day we are there. I might be game for something like this since it may rain us out Friday night. I've never run a bracket race, so I have no clue other than the basic concept as to where to register, who to report my dial in to, and so forth. OR for that matter what class to sign up for.

I generally just find any open spot since i usually am driving down in my car and not trailering. When you say the staging lanes furthest down from tech do you mean along the fence line there? Typically on TT non slick cars stage in lanes closest to the stands I think.

I can setup anywhere since it is typically just me changing tires and locking up my 2 tires and having a few other items sitting there.

Sportsman is typically 12.00 - 19.00 index dial no delay / no transbrake / no 2 step. (Link to rules -http://www.edgewaterrace.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=244&Item id=131)

Otherwise I think you have to race Pro (1/8) or Super Pro (1/4) which is 11.49 or faster cars for Super Pro.

Pretty similar to TT - just get your tech card / tech / take time trial runs - typically 2 runs then its eliminations where you put your dial-in on your car and go.

With regard to where we set up - As you leave tech, turn right, then stay to the left drive that runs parallel to the staging area. Yes slick cars stage right in front of us on TT night. We are all the way at the turn around on the end any TT night or UMTR night or other night we are down there. That's also where we gather for call outs on the challenge list on Friday nights.

1/8th doesn't interest me and running with pure all out race cars (I don't trailer either) is not really my cup of teat either. So if I make it down I may sign up to run 12-19 index and just make a few passes to see how the car runs..........assuming the weather doesn't hold out for Friday Night TT.

Ah okay , yea i know where that area is then. I will make sure to pit in that area. Hoping to get a new tune here in a couple of days and test it out at KK on Thursday then head to E20 to race on Saturday weather permitting.

Sounds good. Who's writing your code?

Went with VMP Tuning. Once I get a turbo kit ordered and installed will get a true dyno tune for it. Got my injectors last week so now to just save up for the turbo kit and install it. Feel I should be having better ET's with the 3K stall that went in and it is not there with the current tune.

Quote Originally Posted by gzbs197 View Post
    Went with VMP Tuning. Once I get a turbo kit ordered and installed will get a true dyno tune for it. Got my injectors last week so now to just save up for the turbo kit and install it. Feel I should be having better ET's with the 3K stall that went in and it is not there with the current tune.
    Doesn't get much better in email tunes than that. Been using Justin for over 3 years since he's one of the few with his own signature TVS unit out. I'd have one of the local pros do it custom if there was more to it than just the one bolt on. Turbo setup, or some radical N/A or nitrous setup I'd def go local with a custom one-on-one.

Yes the turbo setup is getting tuned by the guy in Columbus Dyno Tune Motorsports - http://www.dynotunemotorsports.com/

Brian Turner?
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Yes that is the guy. I heard he is one of the best in the area for turbo tunes.

Guess I will head down to make a pass or two and collect some data on the latest tune revision this evening in spite of the 3400 DA predicted at 5pm, pending the rain stays away.

It was god awful at Kilkare last night but I did manage to rip off a 13.17 / 100.76 with a 1.84 60ft and a .0950 tree and then a 13.19 / 102.62 with a 1.92 60ft and a .0496 tree. I think it was around 3200ish for the majority of the night. (I know , I know my car is slow!!! Willing to pimp myself out for turbo funds!!!!)

Hopefully it will be better Saturday night. Sent logs to VMP and got some revisions back. Will have to "mexico" test tonight as i have quality time slotted with the GF.

The dude with the black 2014 Rousch was there last night and he almost put it into the wall lift shifting into 2nd gear. His wife came over after that run and told him 1 more and he was done.
    Last edited by gzbs197; 08-05-2016 at 02:34 PM.

Great day out here weather wise. 13.088 and 13.086 are my ET's heading into elimns.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    LS Swapped - Locally hated now

It was god awful at Kilkare last night but I did manage to rip off a 13.17 / 100.76 with a 1.84 60ft and a .0950 tree and then a 13.19 / 102.62 with a 1.92 60ft and a .0496 tree. I think it was around 3200ish for the majority of the night. (I know , I know my car is slow!!! Willing to pimp myself out for turbo funds!!!!)

Hopefully it will be better Saturday night. Sent logs to VMP and got some revisions back. Will have to "mexico" test tonight as i have quality time slotted with the GF.

The dude with the black 2014 Rousch was there last night and he almost put it into the wall lift shifting into 2nd gear. His wife came over after that run and told him 1 more and he was done.
    Roush with the 2.9 Whipple? Older guy?

- - - Updated - - -

Great day out here weather wise. 13.088 and 13.086 are my ET's heading into elimns.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Sounds like a good bracket car! Good luck!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Yes.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    LS Swapped - Locally hated now

Thread Information