Thread: PRO RACER SOFTWARE

PRO RACER SOFTWARE

Anyone on here tuning their 302 Coyote or 4.6L 3Vwith Pro Racer software? Anyone using Pro Racer tuning software at all?

I am getting ready to purchase this software package from LaSota Racing. (http://www.lasotaracing.com/MOPRP.html) Getting the software , guide and base tune. They provide an unlocked base tune based on your car's current mods. For an extra $150 they will work with you remotely where you datalog , send them the file , they make changes and explain what they changed and why and send you an unlocked file back - kinda like remote training. I talked with them via email and on the phone and looked at some other forums and they seem to have a pretty good rep. I bought the 2 books off Amazon and have been reading them.

Got Banish's book and reading at as well. VMP also offers the very same service with Pro Racer. I'll remain with them. No reason to fix something that isn't broke. I take it you cancelled the tune with S&M Motorsports then???

Yes I did. My trip ended up being extended anyways so I would have missed it no matter what. Spent a total of 18 days on the road this month for work.

Nice way to save money.

Binary Editor and Motes Quarterhorse is another option you might want to consider.
    More info on it in the link.
    http://www.modularfords.com/threads/...erhorse-and-BE
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

I don't think we can use BE and QH on our car's . Looks like it is only good up to a 2004. In 2005 Ford changed to the Oak Processor. I think right now it is either SCT or HP Tuner's and from what I have read , SCT has the best transmission parameters for Ford.

That's too bad. BE has some really nice capabilities that nobody else has.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

This is going to be my Xmas present to myself this year so I am ordering it soon since i have been good this year!!! Already submitted by mods list for the base tune.

Just ordered the software and LaSota manual and base tune today. (Santa came early!!!)

Update - Got the MAF pretty much dialed in and spot on. Have some dyno time scheduled tomorrow to do some loaded rev pulls to start working on WOT tuning. Done alot of research on tuning the tranny and found some interesting reads unfortunately I dont have access to some of the parameters so will have to figure out how to get a value file built for those so I can load them. Apparently there are parts of the software restricted to you unless you take a class or get and unlock from SCT for it , specifically some of the Drive by Wire stuff and other areas. Will post up some of the dyno pulls after tomorrow.

So dynoing an auto is a fun time because of the kick down but I have figured out how to lock the tranny in 4th gear within the software. There is a value file you get from SCT but it doesn't do the trick. You have to go into the tranny paramemters and change about 4 values to get it locked into whatever gear you want. I tested this by accident by trying to drive on it and it did lock it into 4th , lol. Going back to dyno it with this tune to see if there is an improvement since I won't have the kickdown.

Update - got the tranny locked in 4th for the dyno pull. I just changed the 4 to 3 shift schedule to all zero's and that way it never shifted out of 4th. Made 2 dyno pulls and 3 drag pulls , an 1/8 mile pass and two 1/4 mile passes. He had my weight in wrong so that might have affected the times , I am 3650 and he had 3850 set in the dyno. I ran a 7.99 1/8 and a 12.65 1/4 . Still have some tune work to do at the top of the tune I think and some more tranny tuning as well but pretty happy with the results. Dyno pulls were 298RWHP and @340 - 360RWTQ. Not too bad for a few bolt on's NA 3V.

Here are the pics from the dyno.

Thread Information