Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twisted Twins on the DD

Question Twisted Twins on the DD

It has been brought up in the Dirty Dozen ET thread so I figured we better get an actual thread going here to discuss everyone's thoughts on allowing Twisted Twins on the Dirty Dozen. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I'll go with what everyone decides. So give me your thoughts on the subject. I especially want to hear from the guys on the list as this is your list. Thanks.

Let him on
    94 Cobra, 9.54@141.17 1.32 60' -1.29 best...kennebell 2.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGXfeucShE (sold)
    90lx(Flamer)stock 302 iron gt-40's tf stage 1 cam Dynoed 328h 342t 11.57@115.06 (sold)

89 coupe 302 iron gt-40's, 373-363 NO NOS! 10.88@123.3 (Retired)

"New combo"... NA 363, tf 190 11r's, 5spd 9.93@137.88, 3275 lbs (ac/ps)

It definitely deserves a spot on the list. Was Vinnys list and there would be nothing cooler than to have his car at the top.
    2011 Black on Black GT

As the owner of TT, I thought I'd share my thoughts. This is y'alls site. You won't hurt my feelings one way or the other. I'll continue to share how she does as long as I own her. I'm pretty far away from the group as well. It would be nice if I could make it up sometime and enjoy a cruise. One day. Put some thought into it and you can take it from there.

Thanks for all that y'all have done!

I say put it up. That car has the history of the site behind it. I don't think anyone would disagree.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Allow It !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Really hoped there would be more responses by now. Will give it another day or two, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Twisted Twins on the DD

Many of us newer members dont know the back story. But it seems like there was a reason the stangbangerz feel strongly about this car. It seems it was vinny's and he was the founder of the list. I am sure there is more to it but that may be why not so many have responded. I think that the current list #1 spot (that would be pushed) would be the deciding vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by S281SC; 10-20-2016 at 08:31 PM.
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

^ That was my only concern. I don't see any problem with him being on the list because of the history, I just wasn't sure how the guys who are local and have been fighting to reach the top feel about being on this years list. Discuss
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Twisted Twins on the DD

I'm all for TT having a spot on the list though.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

I have read the comments in both threads about this concept, I enjoy the fact of knowing that the car is alive and doing well. I'm sure that would make Vinny very proud as well. I just feel that to make this exception this late in the year isn't something we should do, I'm not even sure that we should even change this in the future based on Vinny's original post concerning this list, but that's not my decision ultimately. Who says that we couldn't make a list for distant Mustang Enthusiasts of this nature, just an opinion as a Stangbangerz Member in general.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

If it wasn't for Vinny and TT this site would not be. He didn't just start the list, him and Paul started the whole site we have grown to love so much. It was one of his goals to have it on this list when he completed it. I say the more the merrier. What makes any difference if we let it on this year or the next?
    2011 Black on Black GT

Quote Originally Posted by chris91 View Post
    If it wasn't for Vinny and TT this site would not be. He didn't just start the list, him and Paul started the whole site we have grown to love so much. It was one of his goals to have it on this list when he completed it. I say the more the merrier. What makes any difference if we let it on this year or the next?
    Well from a technical standpoint, there's the running of the dozen that solidifies the list for the year. Also, as I said before, people have worked all year to get and or hold their spots. If you look at the ET the car ran, he would bump the guy from number 1. It doesn't matter to me because I'm not on the list but it's real easy for guys who aren't affected to say let him on, case in point. Did you notice that #1 isn't crazy about being bumped this year? For that, I don't blame him. He probably exceeded his goals and is damn proud of it.
    Those are my .02
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

I just came up with an idea. How about an honorable mention in honor of Vinny, but no need to be a spot on the list. That way it doesn't interfere with the list you've had all year.

I'm torn. I'd love to see TT on the list. Todd has done a ton of work to her, and he's finally seeing the fruits of his labor, which I'm sure has Vinny smiling. I know that the guys currently on the list have all put in their own blood, sweat, and tears as well, to get where they are at. I don't want them to feel slighted in any way, as they have kept the list going, and have brought it back to respectability from where it was a couple of years ago.

It's a tough call. It will be hard to get the guys that don't know the complete story of this site, the DD list, TT, and Vinny, to understand why some of us would want to see this car on the list so badly. I lean towards allowing TT on the list, but I'd want the guys on the list, especially those at the top or even the #12 spot, to be completely OK with it and not have any issues with making an exception for this particular car.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by stangfireman View Post
    I just came up with an idea. How about an honorable mention in honor of Vinny, but no need to be a spot on the list. That way it doesn't interfere with the list you've had all year.
    Could work for this year and then make an exception for TT to be on the actual list next year?
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by stangfireman View Post
    Just so you know, I'm 100% for you and the car being on the list. To me it's just the timing of it all. Next year I'm going to bust your ass though, lol.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    Just so you know, I'm 100% for you and the car being on the list. To me it's just the timing of it all. Next year I'm going to bust your ass though, lol.
    I'm down for that LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    but it's real easy for guys who aren't affected to say let him on
    No, it's real easy to say the car that started it all should be allowed on the list. Wouldn't matter if I had the number one spot or not. I'd be more than willing to step down a spot just outta respect for Vinny. It's not like the #1 spot on the list gets money, sponsors or anything special other than saying they had the spot and a sticker. I mean if everyone on the site posted their numbers the number one spot would be different anyway.

I hate to bring it up but you're saying it's too late in the game yet on the Challenge list someone that hasn't been on the site in a very long time comes and gets on that list, bumping someone a spot without any questions so what's the difference here?
    2011 Black on Black GT

Quote Originally Posted by chris91 View Post
    This right here... If I was #1 you could have my spot.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thread Information