Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twisted Twins on the DD

Lots of good points here. I like the idea of an honorary spot for this year and then possibly an exception for next year. This is y'alls board, I just took the responsibility of ownership simply so it wouldn't disappear as vinny and this site mean a lot to me. But end of the day I try to do what is best for our board. Beed to hear more comments.

Quote Originally Posted by chris91 View Post
    No, it's real easy to say the car that started it all should be allowed on the list. Wouldn't matter if I had the number one spot or not. I'd be more than willing to step down a spot just outta respect for Vinny. It's not like the #1 spot on the list gets money, sponsors or anything special other than saying they had the spot and a sticker. I mean if everyone on the site posted their numbers the number one spot would be different anyway.

I hate to bring it up but you're saying it's too late in the game yet on the Challenge list someone that hasn't been on the site in a very long time comes and gets on that list, bumping someone a spot without any questions so what's the difference here?

Bingo ...
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris91 View Post

I hate to bring it up but you're saying it's too late in the game yet on the Challenge list someone that hasn't been on the site in a very long time comes and gets on that list, bumping someone a spot without any questions so what's the difference here?
    I voiced my opinion about this as well, I didn't get the final say obviously!
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Nick met all the rules and has been a member longer than 99% of the members, including me. He just recently finished his car and I invited him. I thought the shootout was to get more people racing

Funny thing is, he told me he's been off forums for a while cause he didn't care for all the drama.
    94 Cobra, 9.54@141.17 1.32 60' -1.29 best...kennebell 2.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGXfeucShE (sold)
    90lx(Flamer)stock 302 iron gt-40's tf stage 1 cam Dynoed 328h 342t 11.57@115.06 (sold)

89 coupe 302 iron gt-40's, 373-363 NO NOS! 10.88@123.3 (Retired)

"New combo"... NA 363, tf 190 11r's, 5spd 9.93@137.88, 3275 lbs (ac/ps)

Quote Originally Posted by kennebellcobra View Post
    Nick met all the rules and has been a member longer than 99% of the members, including me. He just recently finished his car and I invited him. I thought the shootout was to get more people racing

Funny thing is, he told me he's been off forums for a while cause he didn't care for all the drama.
    That's what drives people away.

And the whole point is to bring people back to the board. If it continues to go the way it has in the past couple years, we will loose more of the older members and gain only a couple new. That's not the direction Id like to see it go. This is supposed to be fun but people take things a little to serious. We didn't have anything but the list originally and no racing to bring people together other than some test n tunes. That wasn't much fun and there wasn't any incentive to really get out and enjoy what we could.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Nick also came out and raced with us, while a bunch of others did not show up. Also he raced at the local track which is specifically called out in the rules. I will be honest. I care more about my position on the challenge list than the ET list because i enjoy the competition and camaraderie that comes with meeting someone at the track and racing heads up. I dont get to see a car from oklahoma in person and i have never met its driver. As a guy not emotionally tied to TT that is how i see it. My kids really enjoyed playing and drawing with shayne's and Todd's (cyah) kids. I have been able to get to know chad, tommy and shannon. Mike introduced me and is always nice to have him out there. I introduced jon(hensley92) because it is so fun to come out and run with guys you know instead of standing in a line at the track just waiting to run. This is the part that makes our list special and why we have traditionally not allowed remote users to be on it. At least that is how it was introduced to me. It does seem like people that are not on the list itself have stronger opinions about TT being on the list than the guys that come out and run the list. I am ok with whatever is decided because i am more focused on the challenge list and he would just be bumping me on the ET list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Well speaking as a new member - I didn't know anything about this forum until talking to 2 guys at Kilkare one weekend racing. So if you want to draw in more members then perhaps taking a page from a group I saw at Muncie would work . I went to Muncie Friday Night Heads Up event and there was a group called Team260 Racing there. ( http://www.imgrum.net/tag/team260) They had a members meeting at the event. They all had on shirts and stickers on cars and were pitted together. They talked to people they knew were there for the first time and welcomed them out.

That is how your going to get new members - someone(s) needs to be an ambassador(s) for the group at events and solicit people to join if that is the intent. Several of us participate in NMRA so we would need to see about coordinating that more when we go to events. Racing on Saturday's and Sunday's at E20 / Kilkare / NT / where ever with people as a group as well.

I am not on the Challenge DD List but imo putting a car at #1 where the #1 will never have a chance to run it goes against the spirit of the list. Put the TT as the #1 on the ET list - that I am fine with as he has video and a time slip to prove it.

Just my opinion as a new member looking in.

By no means would I feel comfortable being on the challenge list as stated above, I'm not there to make a challenge. Honorable mention I feel is the best solution. Now if I come into town, I'd like to run the list racers but no need to be on the challenge list as well.
    Also, the rules do state that basically the track needs to be up there. So stick with the rules and let's move on.

I remember a time when people where real "fucking assholes / douche bags / fuck faces / hypocrites / fucktards" about the "requirements" to be on the dozen. Speaking from experience.
    "The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Twisted Twins on the DD

I want to say so many things... we were having an intelligent discussion until this...
    Last edited by S281SC; 10-21-2016 at 04:59 PM.
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

The car is the reason this site exists. It meets rule requirements to be on the ET list. Therefore it should be.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 10-22-2016 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
    I want to say so many things... we were having an intelligent discussion until this...
    Truth hurts, I know. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    The car is the reason this site exists. It meets rule requirements to be on the ET list. Therefore it should be.
    Has it been to an "official" Stangbangerz cruise? Ask my why this is important to be on the list....

Forget it was brought up. Can someone delete this? No need for further discussion. Doesn't fit the rules. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ackbar00 View Post
    I remember a time when people where real "fucking assholes / douche bags / fuck faces / hypocrites / fucktards" about the "requirements" to be on the dozen. Speaking from experience.
    That's old news. That is not the case now, so how about we just leave all that where it belongs, in the past?
    Last edited by Kwik92GT; 10-22-2016 at 06:47 PM.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Has it been to an "official" Stangbangerz cruise? Ask my why this is important to be on the list....

1) A Ford-powered Mustang/Capri with current registration, tags, and insurance.

Easy enough. All 3 of these items will be checked before the final 12 are decided. No dealer tags, tags from your buddy, or any car other than yours. Tags/registration must match car in question. Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

2) Be an active member on this site.

You don't have to be a post whore. Just show up at some events, participate in the forums, help others build their rides, etc.. There's no membership fees, it's all free. This is just so somebody in another locale doesn't pop up on the site, post a number and expect to become part of the list. Stangbangerz is more than a message board. Its a close knit group of enthusiasts that happen to drive Mustangs. Hell, some of us have other rides/interests too, if you think of this small little section of the net as a message board only, well, you're wrong.

3) Break Rule/No Longer Own Car

If you break (have a catastrophic failure of some sort, like blowing your engine up) post up that you have done so and need to be removed from the list. This also applies if you sell your car.

The Dirty Dozen has always been on the "Honor System." When you break or sell your Stang, you are SUPPOSE to post it up so you can be removed from the list and give your fellow Stangbangerz the oppurtunity to join the list. If you've got a catastrophic failure or sell your car just post up that you've done so. Please don't let us have to find out through the "grapevine." It may end up causing permanent loss of participation on the list.

4) Local Tracks

Runs must be made at a local T&T at Edgewater, Kil-Kare or Tri-State with at least one fellow SBZ member witnessing them (these are our local tracks). Times ran at NMRA Norwalk, National Trail, or Bowling Green will also be eligible but will still need at least one SBZ member as a witness.

Cutoff Date

The cutoff date for having your time count for The Dozen will be when the last of the local tracks closes for the year.

Posts originally posted by vinny5oh, and still apply.

The intent of the Dozen is to see who has the 12 fastest street legal Mustangs (or Capris ) in the area. Don't make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Unless we decide to take it to the next level, we're not going to worry about a bunch of rules, who's car is more streetable, blah, blah. Get your asses out there, have some fun, run whatcha brung and hope you brought enough. The end.

Remember kids, this is for fun, bragging rights and a decal....nothing more. No big money prizes, no sponsorship deals, no trophies....just some good ole boys bringing out their cars and putting a beating on 1320 feet of tarmac!

The "rules" are posted. I really don't want to get very strict on them. I tried keeping them loose enough so any local Stangbanger could get in on it at anytime.

DOT tires will not be required. Mufflers for turbo combinations will no longer be required.

There will be events, get-togethers, cruises, etc., planned throughout the year, get out to them and have some FUN. We will be trying to have a special Running of The Dozen towards the end of the year to hopefully get the whole list out there tearing it up! When something becomes official we'll let you know ASAP so there will be plenty of time to make plans to attend. It's not going to be a mandatory event but would love to see as many peeps out there as possible representing Stangbangerz. POST UP YOUR TIMES!! Post your time slips, pictures, videos, etc., we want to see it all! It's not a requirement but it makes all of this that much better! This is YOUR list folks. Lets do Vinny proud and fill this thing up with a bunch of great racing and good times. Last year was a very good rebound year for The Dozen, let's make it even better in 2016! Thanks for reading, hope to see you all out on the 1320.

-DM

That is no longer a requirement.
    Last edited by Kwik92GT; 10-22-2016 at 06:55 PM.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by stangfireman View Post
    Forget it was brought up. Can someone delete this? No need for further discussion. Doesn't fit the rules. End of story.
    Not the end of the story. This was brought up for a discussion and that was happening until the troll came in. We will continue to get opinions through the weekend and make a decision next week.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

TT needs a honorable mention award for finally getting done what Vinny was trying to finish, then Craig and crew trying to sort it out before the sale. Also that "special award" could be awarded each year by a vote somehow. Maybe by the people who posted times, or just by the Dirty Dozen qualifiers.

Dare we call it a "Vinny"....???

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
    TT needs a honorable mention award for finally getting done what Vinny was trying to finish, then Craig and crew trying to sort it out before the sale. Also that "special award" could be awarded each year by a vote somehow. Maybe by the people who posted times, or just by the Dirty Dozen qualifiers.

Dare we call it a "Vinny"....???
    I REALLY like that idea Mista.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Very valid point. Your argument further supports a permanent honorary position then? That is very considerate. I like that as well the more I think of it as others have also mentioned. You're one smart cucumber to have pointed that out. Thanks for your insight. I was thinking that it would have made it more sporting being he met the rules. But you are correct. And many others also agree. Well done. I concur. MAKE TT HONORARY ON THE ET LIST IN TRIBUTE TO VINNY AND IN THANKS TO STANGFIREMAN KEEPING TT ALIVE AND WELL.

Ackbar00 I am so glad you pointed that out. Thank you.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 10-22-2016 at 09:55 PM.

Thread Information