Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look out #1

Look out #1

I'm determined to have my turbo car out this year, no, not the 4 cyl one, the one with a turbo the size of your head! lol.

All kidding aside, I see next year being a battle and everyone having #1 in their sights. I can't wait! Only 3 months till the tracks are open!

I thought about doing something different but Im still on the fence. I hate to do much more to the cobra and after being booted out at Edgewater and Kilkare, I know I have to change some things if I want to go faster.

I might just shoot for #1 also. Doubt I can keep up with all you fast cars though!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Think I will be a little less active in the coming year. I may upgrade the tranny with a stall converter to ensure solid 10 sec passes, but beyond that I see no need to do much more since roll bars are required for the setup at this point and I have received one warning already from E20 for breaking 11.00 consistently. I thought about doing the roll bar, but that IMHO takes away from the car truly remaining a "street car" by true definition and not simply because someone was able to get plates and a registration slip for a pro-mod that sits on the trailer more than its street driven - E.G. 95% of the cars on Street Outlaws and those like them. I wish to keep mine street drivable.

I have been doing a lot of work on mine also. Hoping to be able to run the entire season next year, I am determined to push the car into the 8's. But something tells me that may not be enough for #1.
    My sleeved motor is ready too.
    2011 5.0 with a couple turbos.
    Best ET 8.87 lifting....

I'm just planning on watching, I don't know that I can be competitive this coming season with the sounds of it.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Going to be some quick shit out there I'm come spectate your all's pockets too deep for me
    2015 Gt

Your not bringing out that turbo car I heard you picked up ? I will be out with my slow white car and maybe a slow black convertible.

Yeah it will be out,need to get a cage in it..slow black conv. Lmao your funny.
    2015 Gt

Ive seen some old pictures of the vert and it don't look very slow!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4You View Post
    I'm just planning on watching, I don't know that I can be competitive this coming season with the sounds of it.
    You got a kit that will put you near the top!!! Stop playing like your slow!

What am I thinking? What number are you again?
    1992 Gould GT project...

I just want to drive mine

Quote Originally Posted by USMCPONY View Post
    I just want to drive mine
    What's the story on your head unit ? Blown seals ?

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Think I will be a little less active in the coming year. I may upgrade the tranny with a stall converter to ensure solid 10 sec passes, but beyond that I see no need to do much more since roll bars are required for the setup at this point and I have received one warning already from E20 for breaking 11.00 consistently. I thought about doing the roll bar, but that IMHO takes away from the car truly remaining a "street car" by true definition and not simply because someone was able to get plates and a registration slip for a pro-mod that sits on the trailer more than its street driven - E.G. 95% of the cars on Street Outlaws and those like them. I wish to keep mine street drivable.
    I feel your pain. My calypso coupe will be fast enough to require a cage but I'm not putting one in it. It's too nice of a car to cut up.
    As for a cqge making a car unstreetable, I don't know if I agree with that, but I do agree a pro mod is not a street car. You can race it on the street, drive it a few miles, but it's not a true street car. So we agree there.

As for not participating, just make one of your stips on the callout to run 1/8th mile. But coastthru the 1/4. I know a lot of guys that do that to get around the cage rules. I volunteer to stand at the fence at the 1/8 mile and video the finish to get a winner. Hoo we that keeps you participating....

1/8th mile just isn't of interest to me. I need every bit of 1320 to get around someone since I like to either sleep at the light or red light. I'll be down to make passes but it won't be as aggressive as last year. The car has done what I set out to do and that is all just fine for me. It needs a stall converter, and I have to dig into the rear end because I think we may have gotten the preload on the carrier bearings set a little to snug after welding the axle tubes last fall. I want to rebuild the carrier as well and add the additional clutch disc that many guys like to do also, so that will be a good time to revisit the preload on the carrier bearings. So that pretty much eats into my budget for 2017 mods. Maybe 2018 if I am still alive and the earth hasn't come to an end as some liberals think it will with The Don in the White House, I will look into a roll bar that would keep the rear seat usable for hauling the dog around.

I just want to drive anything with a V8 at this point... and something that's also done. lol

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    1/8th mile just isn't of interest to me. I need every bit of 1320 to get around someone since I like to either sleep at the light or red light. I'll be down to make passes but it won't be as aggressive as last year. The car has done what I set out to do and that is all just fine for me. It needs a stall converter, and I have to dig into the rear end because I think we may have gotten the preload on the carrier bearings set a little to snug after welding the axle tubes last fall. I want to rebuild the carrier as well and add the additional clutch disc that many guys like to do also, so that will be a good time to revisit the preload on the carrier bearings. So that pretty much eats into my budget for 2017 mods. Maybe 2018 if I am still alive and the earth hasn't come to an end as some liberals think it will with The Don in the White House, I will look into a roll bar that would keep the rear seat usable for hauling the dog around.
    I get ya, was just suggesting. I like having you in the mix. The more we have racing every weekend, the more fun it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stangman View Post
    I just want to drive anything with a V8 at this point... and something that's also done. lol
    Well fire up the kerosene heater and get to work! Fix what you can with what you have and as you get money, throw another part at it.

When I went to Muncie for their Heads Up Series , there was no tech at all. And there was guy making a 9 second pass in a VMP boosted 2013 GT that made 3 passes all in the 9 second range. They had no tech as well when I was there on a Saturday racing brackets either.

Muncie does "random" tech checks. I have raced over there quite a bit. So if somebody tells the tech crew you dont have a cage or if they see you don't when they give you your slip they send a tech to come inspect your car. So it can go either way if you can "get away" not having the right equipment. They have so much shut down room there i don't think it would matter how fast you are going you can coast to a stop. Hahaha. Its a great track for saving your brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

As a side note it is a great track to run. They seem to prep well. I have set my personal best 60' a couple of times there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Thread Information