Thread: Front Swaybar End links Quick Disconnect

Front Swaybar End links Quick Disconnect

Anyone seen or know of anyone selling some front end sway bar disconnect's? Looking for an easy way to disconnect the swaybar at the track then reconnect for the drive home.

I know a lot of people who don't even run the front. I don't have one on my Cobra and its barely noticeable.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Yea if i didnt daily mine I would probably do that but would rather have it since I do enjoy the twisties every now and then.

I can easily tell when it's out of my 03 Cobra, but I still have IRS. The inside rear tire will easily spin during a right turn due to the body rolling and unloading the tire.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

The rigidity in the body is much better in the S197 than that of previous designs not to be offensive, merely factual. So that may also factor in as to how hard you can corner without the roll bar. I have battled with this idea for some time and have decided to first add adjustable front struts and drag springs before removing the sway bar to see what if any effect that will have on weight transfer. As for simply disconnecting some have told me that disconnecting and running with stock struts on an S197 generates little more than running with the sway connected with adjustable front struts set to their softest setting at the track. Removal of the sway bar altogether would yield the best transfer in either configuration because not only is it disconnected allowing the front to rise more, there is less weight forward of the front axle. And while that may "only" be 20-30 pounds it is a ton when trying to generate weight transfer over the length of the wheel base with respect to the rear axle. This is the same concept as picking up a given amount of weight over distance with a crane. The unit may be able to pick up 20 tons fully retracted on a fixed angle, but can only pick up a fraction of that weight fully extended on the same angle.

I talked to the BMR Tech on the S197Forums about it as well. I dont have adjustable front struts (yet). I didnt know the S197's were stiffer. I think it is like a 30 / 40 minute job to remove it so could always build that into track prep time. Since I will probably trailer down to Bradeton and dont have to worry about cornering on the cruise for True Street , I might take it when that date gets close.
    Last edited by gzbs197; 01-12-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Yes the rigidity of the S197 body is much better than previous models. I inquired about subframe connectors for my setup and was told I would gain little to nothing at my current level. I'm sure there is a time when that begins to become a concern when running 1.2 60's and carrying the front wheels for 100 ft on a pass, but all of my sources have told me the body is a far better design 05+ than prior.

A bit longer on 13+ cars being there is an access panel that needs to be removed to access the bushing mounts. I'm going to take baby steps and see how the changes progress over the season as I seek better 60's. A 1.5 consistent should keep me in the 10's even without upgrading the converter based on last season's performance.

I removed swaybar on both my whippled 3v and na coyote car. Both were daily drivers and no issues.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Thread Information