Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Dirty Dozen Challenge List and Callout Thread

It is a joint combination, the driver with the car holds the spot. If either of those change, its a fresh start.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

There currently is not a rule in place that describes the issue at hand with swapping out cars.

Im not against switching cars out, especially at the beginning of the season. It does seem that others will though. Someone may sell his car at some point in time and if he is challenged and loses, he drops a spot and continues to do so until he is off the list. Im sure that the new car Mike is talking about is quicker and therefore will be a player on the list anyways.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    There currently is not a rule in place that describes the issue at hand with swapping out cars.

Im not against switching cars out, especially at the beginning of the season. It does seem that others will though. Someone may sell his car at some point in time and if he is challenged and loses, he drops a spot and continues to do so until he is off the list. Im sure that the new car Mike is talking about is quicker and therefore will be a player on the list anyways.
    Still feel a new car has to be proven. It's not like its a car that has already proved itself and has had upgrades to go faster. But again that is my opinion. As stated I will go with whatever. It's a bragging right not a means of supporting myself.

First time he is called out, it will have to prove itself!

Me myself, I don't care. Its up to the masses as to how they feel and from there, we can put a rule in place.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Well here is the glitch, which came to me after reading the comments, if a car is taken off the list, he doesn't have to start from the bottom, he can challenge anyone for any spot. And if he loses, he will fall to his empty spot on the bottom of the list that was created by him being removed from the list. So what if i put in as a rule that car and driver are locked together, and a change in car means sacrificing your spot and you fall to 12?

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Well here is the glitch, which came to me after reading the comments, if a car is taken off the list, he doesn't have to start from the bottom, he can challenge anyone for any spot. And if he loses, he will fall to his empty spot on the bottom of the list that was created by him being removed from the list. So what if i put in as a rule that car and driver are locked together, and a change in car means sacrificing your spot and you fall to 12?
    Works.

Seems fare to me Mike.

I should pay more attention I thought this was the dozen list not the call out list.

That seems fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Works for me. Driver an car are together i feel. If either change you fall off the list. Also think we need a shake up on the list. 1 for 1 for spots. No number #8 taking a #4 spot. Need to work an earn it. Alot can change by then. I know people with a tube chassis mustang. Vin # an tags. Say i borrow it an pull my car an call out #1.......is that fair? Even though im same driver.......nope

2017 Dirty Dozen Challenge List and Callout Thread

I think if we start having a bunch of people showing up weekly we should consider one spot at a time challenges. Like the outlaws do. Right now it has been tough to get people showing up. There was a lot of carnage and not an excess of guys. But this year seems to have a high interest level. I am excited to see how this list shakes out. Even if i fall off the bottom. Seems like it will be pretty quick. And i agree with all above car and driver tied together.

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage

And there ya have it for the most part. Im good with that.

So far we haven't had near the turn out to do a 1 spot at a time for the list. Its hard enough to get us all together for the final challenge and make that happen. And that's the funnest one of the bunch.
    1992 Gould GT project...

That sounds like the way to go.

- - - Updated - - -

And there ya have it for the most part. Im good with that.

So far we haven't had near the turn out to do a 1 spot at a time for the list. Its hard enough to get us all together for the final challenge and make that happen. And that's the funnest one of the bunch.
    It's April 11th buddy, lol.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Sorry Rick, I meant the past 2 years. Not this year!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Sorry Rick, I meant the past 2 years. Not this year!
    I was just messing with ya but it did sort of read like you meant this year.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

True. The past 2 years has been fun. I enjoy it. I would love to see more people get into it though.
    1992 Gould GT project...

i would love to join everyone but my ride to get my beast final tune keeps having hiccups so it never makes it. I still cross my fingers and hope each weekend coming up will be that day. maybe if I have help praying it might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cyah92 View Post
    i would love to join everyone but my ride to get my beast final tune keeps having hiccups so it never makes it. I still cross my fingers and hope each weekend coming up will be that day. maybe if I have help praying it might happen.
    Put a carb on it.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

This weekend is open. Let me know Todd.

Ok, let's wait till we hear from more folks. I'm leaning towards keeping car and driver locked and falling to 12 if anything changes. That keeps ringers from grabbing a spot.

I should of done that a couple years ago. I probably would of saved a couple of thousand between tunes and computer system. Hopefully when its done it will make me proud.

First challenge of the year... i want to race jon hensley for his #6 spot. Edgewater april 28th. What do you think Jon?? It will be a good test day for the umtr event on the 29th.

Thread Information