Thread: Diesel versus Hemi - Hemi wins!!!

Diesel versus Hemi - Hemi wins!!!

On the way home from the movies on Sunday - I was in my 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L going down 202 and went to pass this Dodge Diesel truck that was behind a slow moving car. It was clear and had been following and the other truck had not made a move to pass in a couple of miles.

I go to pass the truck and he decides to floor and try and cut me off thinking his diesel, which I am sure he had modified a bit since it had the bed stack on it , would have the grunt to out accelerate my Hemi.

Little did he know I have a tuner / tune / CAI plus the 8 speed tranny and he got beat and had to slow down before he almost ran into the back of the car. I let the truck run out to over 100 before coasting.

I waited to see if he wanted to try and play again but he trailed back and turned at the light at 202 / 571.

Kinda pissed he tried to pull that shit at night and especially when I waited for him to pass the car and he never did.

I have the Diablosport InTune2 / K & N Cold Air kit on the truck. Getting a Greene Racing tune for it here shortly. It will surprise some people for sure.

Not surprised. Some pretty arrogant truck owners out there. A gal here at work was talking about that yesterday. She just bought a fully tricked out special black widow edition Chev 1500. Says every fricking time she comes up on a truck now they either cut her off or try to race her. She's wishing now she'd never bought the truck.

I feel like i need to defend the diesel drivers. Not the tool with the stack coming out of the bed but the rest of us. I would not keep you from passing at night that was stupid and reckless. But at a traffic light, and with a little instigating i would definitely race just about anybody that tried. But which of you wouldn't right?!? We are competitive and hot rodders! Maybe sometime for fun (or if my car breaks at the track again) we can see how a modern diesel with an exhaust and out of the box sct tune could stand against your hemi? Mine is an 05 ford 6.0 with stock airbox, mbrp exhaust and sct box tune. It has embarassed more than a few people. And all that while not billowing giant clouds of black smoke! Who knew that a diesel could do that?

Seriously though it might be fun to set up a tow vehicle race day sometime this year. Although if mike bell brings his hot rod 5.0 ranger we might regret it with our diesel, LS, or hemi. Who knows... maybe even a dirty dozen for tow rigs? Could be entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

I would totally be down for tow vehicle races. Yea not bashing diesel drives all together just this idiot. I figured it was going to happen as he kept speeding up to get a big smoke cloud rolling out then slowing down several times. I would race you at the track for sure!!!

I hear ya. But the next post was saying all of them race the chick in the black widow. Probably not but lets say they do. Tell me which person on this site while driving their pony would resist racing any challenger or camaro if they were anywhere near you at a light? Truck guys are no different. See another truck that looks hot rodded a little, lets have a little giddy-up. Just sayin. Its not just trucks or just diesels. We are car guys that like to play. That other idiot did take it too far while passing, but as you said it would have been fun to play after that event given the right (much safer) circumstances. Gaston you have seen me race my van, its just fun to play, no matter what you are driving if you can find an even matchup. Hence truck races or pony car races. Were hot rodders and just cant help it. Hahaha.

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage

^^^ The crux of the story was with regard to the person to which Gaston was trying to pass acting up as a pure dickhead completely blind to common safety. You don't speed up on a person seeking to pass you on a two lane. Had the prick not acted as such when Gaston went to pass him, there would have been no story to tell (or a road kill) and we would not be having this discussion now would we? It just so happened that earlier yesterday while talking to a coworker at the plant, she made similar comments with regard to men driving trucks she has noticed acting the ass trying to impress or entice her overly aggressively while she is merely trying to drive home in her brand new truck. PRICKS like this come in all shapes and sizes and in all types of vehicles. Just so happens the OP's story happened to be about trucks.

Try to speed up on me while I am trying to make a safe pass around a person (because he/she chooses then to be a prick/C##T.) on a two lane, and I will put his/her ass into a wall, ditch, or guardrail rather than kiss the oncoming car. I'm older and I have great insurance with first accident forgiveness.

My comments in no way referenced some play on the street. A little fun as long as traffic is light is one thing. Acting a dick-fuck and putting a man's life at risk as he is trying to make a safe pass on a two lane highway is the typical prick being referenced here, not "every driver in a truck". Yes Jeanine was exaggerating to make a point, no it wasn't meant as literal. And yes she gets sick and tired of it as it happens to her more frequently than in any other vehicle she has owned including her previous Camaro.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 03-17-2017 at 06:23 PM.

I think we all agree this guy on 202 was an idiot no matter what he was driving. I was not trying to make people upset. I was trying to set up a little race between my "hot rodded" diesel and his "hot rodded" hemi or at least set up a little bench race. Gaston watched me erase the number on my race car at the track one day when the engine was acting up and put the number on my wifes van to race. I thought he was going to split a gut. In a bracket race my van was equally likely to win as whatever car i had to race. It is about RT and dial in. I lost but it was still pretty fun. It took the sting out of having a seized bearing in my motor. I try not to take this stuff too seriously. But i am a diesel truck driver who tends to drag a guy now and again at a light and i wanted to shed some light on my motivation. Its not to be a prick. And i would like to point out that he put this story in the roadkill section not rant. So we know Gaston's thoughts about this too, am i right? He was proud to out power that diesel, as he should be. Had the other guy won he probably would have posted it on his favorite website as a hemi killer. And the safest thing to do in that situation is for the person passing to tap the brakes and begin following again. But none of us would do that. It would show weakness.

True story - I about died laughing when he was in lane using his phone to figure out what to dial on the van. The best part of that day was a Cobra pushing a Cobra onto the trailer!!! And yea - we are on for that race between the trucks for sure.

Thread Information