I finally dropped the dime on a Porter Cable 7424XP DA Orbital Buffer, (free wheel design) and a Meguiar's Startup kit. I began by working out the hood on my 99 F150. The truck has been washed a total of three times in over 5 years of ownership. Sits out year round. So after washing only the front end I clay bar detailed the hood and fenders. After cleaning I set up to start a test area. Ended up needing 8 sectional passes on the 105 Cutting liquid and then 6 sectional passe on the 205 Polishing liquid. 3 hours later the hood was complete, looked great, and I had consumed an afternoon of ultraviolet enough to be two shades darker on my farmers tan. Everything looked great for being factory paint and 19 years old. Swirl marks gone. Shine back in the clear coat.
First id anyone has suggestions on doing front and rear bumper covers and how to perform the section passes on them without marring and what I may need to do them please let me know.

Sunday afternoon I set up and began on the Mustang. I was able to get te results I was looking for with 6 sectional passes on 105 and 6 sectional passes on 205. The results are very nice. The swirl marks are gone and the paint shines and looks great. Completed the hood with a coat of Carnauba Wax by Blackfire detail products. The paint looks deep and glassy. Very happy with the results. I did the roof today.

This sure does take time, but once completed it will be easier to keep up with. I've gained a whole new perspective and respect for paint and detailing skilled tradesmen. Man this is extensive. Of course a professional would be using a buffer that could do the work in half the time, but buffers like that which can burn right through paint aren't ideal in the hands of a novice and can run upwards of $500+.

One note on Meguiars 105 and 205 series products. They do a fine job but they generate a lot of dust. That I do not like. Future products I will look into are products by Chemical Guys and Black Fire like the Carnauba wax sample i received.

I will post photos of the final product when done. Too much work just staying motivated to complete this task without adding photo shoots to the process.