Thread: Fioptics

Fioptics

Pulled the trigger on a Fioptics bundle. So far, quite happy with it. It's the full Fioptics, fiber into the house.
    2006 Premium GT Convertible
    Screaming Yellow, Black Top
    CORSA Performance Exhaust
    Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts
    5 Speed
    Satellite Radio
    Shaker 500 Audio System
    MGW Shifter
    6000K HID headlights
    Brenspeed 89 octane tune
    Verdestein Hypertyrac tires

We had that back when it first came to Fairfield. It was pretty good but we ended up back with cable. when we switched they cut my cable back to the pole. so when I went back with cable they had to redo everything, seemed kind of childish to me.

You were better off getting a new cable anyways. Probably still had RG59 hanging out there...
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by IWRBB View Post
    You were better off getting a new cable anyways. Probably still had RG59 hanging out there...
    I guess but I don't see the point if you don't redo the cables inside the house.

I just called Spectrum and found out I could switch over to a Spectrum package from the TWC/Spectrum package which gave me 100Mbps internet speed (3x what I was getting with the package at the time), keep the same phone and tv configuration and be at the same price. The internet service is 3x faster, I don't have issues with internet and phone service dropping out and rebooting randomly as I did with the TWC/Spectrum package (no one including the guy who came out could figure out the problem) and I have 3X plus the speed. BTW this wasn't an introductory package either. Too many folks in my area have gone to FIOPTICS CBT and then given up and returned. I looked into it and actually was ready to make the change until I realized the sales clown had lied to me about the pricing after one year. Reading the small print of the contract told the real truth after he had left. So I cancelled and after hearing the stories of others in my area (other areas may have better luck) I am glad I did.

Nothing in this realm of service is ever perfect, but I believe I am as close as I can get to being so. Switching over to another carrier means swapping your email address as well. That is a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by adragon72 View Post
    I guess but I don't see the point if you don't redo the cables inside the house.
    The loss is cumulative. Replacing the cable outside only would still give a stronger signal at the end of the line. It'd be ideal to pull all new- and I've made the satellite guys do that, instead of re-using a 25 year old 50' long RG59 cable.

I had Fioptics- fiber to the home, and it worked fine. I did not get TV though, just phone and internet. The TV hardware was too slow to respond. I like the equipment Dish uses.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

I just use Spectrum for internet connectivity with an Amazon Fire box and Playstation Vue / digital antenna. Works out great and I get WHIO-TV on Playstation Vue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gzbs197 View Post
    I just use Spectrum for internet connectivity with an Amazon Fire box and Playstation Vue / digital antenna. Works out great and I get WHIO-TV on Playstation Vue as well.
    WHIO Channel 10 out of Terrehaute, IN?

Channel 7 out of Dayton.

Oh........sorry, my bad. Terre haute is WTHI channel 10.

I connected my new Fioptics system to my new LG OLED 55" 4K TV. unfreakin' believable!
    2006 Premium GT Convertible
    Screaming Yellow, Black Top
    CORSA Performance Exhaust
    Koni STR.T Shocks & Struts
    5 Speed
    Satellite Radio
    Shaker 500 Audio System
    MGW Shifter
    6000K HID headlights
    Brenspeed 89 octane tune
    Verdestein Hypertyrac tires

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    Switching over to another carrier means swapping your email address as well. That is a pain in the butt.
    Why would I have to change my Gmail address?

I stuck with CinBell for years mainly due to them hosting two of my emails addresses- one with a zoomtown and one with a fuse extension.

After they screwed with my account making a change to the pricing- they managed to totally cancel my account, which also whacked both email accounts. After WAY too fucking long on the phone trying to get them back- I just said screw it and cancelled. The fiber hardware and performance of their network was perfect for me- but the people behind the scenes running the customer service/accounts portion were incompetent. It took a few hours of switching online accounts over to my Gmail account. It would have been much easier to do if I still had access to those CinBell email accounts instead of doing it after they were gone. There was only one site where I couldn't change the username from my old email to my new email address, but I could change the contact info, so at least anything they emailed actually showed up in my Gmail account.

So now it's just a pipe basically- I can switch from cable to fiber whenever, I just change out the modem and connect it to my router. I don't use my ISP for email accounts.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

^^^ Hmmmmm... has me thinking that I should go to a standard Hotmail account for all of my on line interaction so I only have to worry about updating personal emails with those I contact should I change carriers. Nice idea. I like it.

Thread Information