Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Da Boost is inbound!!!

Honestly a killer chiller has been the only thing besides loading ice into the reservoir that i have seen get temps back down. On mine it would just keep creeping up all day no matter what. I even carried a sprayer loaded with icewater to spray the exchanger in the pits. That helped but then track crews warned me a few times because a little water would drip out of the crevices when i launched. Dad got a killer chiller for his lightning and you just turn on the AC for a minute or so and you are back to 70* iat. Super nice. Especially out cruisin on warm days when you would run the ac anyway. Of course that is if you still have AC in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Yes I still have AC in the car. I will have to look at that.

Quote Originally Posted by gzbs197 View Post
    Thanks!!!! It was a blast at PDP today listening to the Whipple whine during the passes!!! I had a blast , the car felt really strong even when it was super hot later and I lost 0.2 tenths due to high IAT's Those 1st to run's IAT's were about 116ish but the last couple of runs when the outside temp climbed to high 80's low 90's and we had waits in staging - my IAT's were up in the 130 to 140 range so it was pulling timing like it should have. Next upgrade will be a better heat exchanger than what I have or maybe add some fans to this one to tie me over. I need to find a fan or two to put on the car in the pits as well to help cool it down.
    Get with Justin Wheeler on FB. He has a J2F kit I believe that has been working really good. Uses a larger hose but with a stock heat exchanger for us Cobra guys that is supposed to be the best. Im sure he can do the same for the 05 up cars.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I will look him up and see what he has to offer. Thanks for the info!!

He claims to be able to beat the Killer Chiller temps by a good bit after a pull. But of course you cant get either side to post IAT's after a pull to verify it. Allen Garrett has it installed and he loves it.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Since the Killer Chiller kit is basically just A/C lines and a heat exchanger, lots of guys just buy the parts and piece them together themselves. There's a thread on SVTP in the Terminator section on how to do it and what to buy.
    2003 SVT Mustang Cobra
    11.40@124
    Pics, mods, track videos, other stuff..

The rest of the fleet:
    2019 Edge ST
    2015 Taurus SHO
    2013 SVT F150 Raptor

I will check that out as well. Thanks!! I am keeping my eyes out for a used dual / triple pass HE as well since the stock Whipple one is a single pass.

I think I have an Afco but it needs repaired. One tube has a hole in it. Id have to check and see though on what it would cost to fix.
    1992 Gould GT project...

i know a guy who can weld stainless. i used to work at Hobart Brothers so i have the hookup there.

Thread Information