Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Da Boost is inbound!!!

Thanks!!!

I predict 440RWHP/415RWT on 9psi with factory headers and no cats on 93 Octane and no whoopy water additives through your 5r55's tranny with stall converter. I'm assuming it came with a 9-10psi pulley.

You may wish to gear up on the diff to a 3.55 or taller as well. Plenty of down low torque to manage from a PD setup.

I have LTH right now with the 3.6x pulley from Whipple. Right now the 4.10's are in the rear but have 3.73's if the 4.10's prove too low.

4.10 will be too low. Chad is correct. 3.55 will prob be best. But time will tell.

I had 4.10s with my 3650, I loved shifting before to 60' lol.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Big thanks to Mike today for hooking me up with the tune. Using the 3.625 pulley we came out @ 400HP / 420TQ with a steady 9lbs of boost. I need to do the IAT relocation and switch pulleys to the smaller one but that will come later. I wanted to be conservative to start rather than push the ragged edge.

The car pulled hard on the dyno with the torque coming on strong. Will see at the track if a rear gear change is needed with the 4.10's. The pulls were consistent with the boost. Fuel pump duty cycle never went above 45% so plenty of left.

I am very satisfied with how it drove and did today.

Great job again Mike!!!!

whats your IAT2 temps? WOT Timing? WOT AFR target?

We had a nice 11.3ish WOT AFR. IAT temps were up as we made pulls close together. The timing was not aggressive. I can't say for sure what the temps were as I don't have a log in front of me.

I took a short drive around the shop and it was night and day compared to before. Getting 40 to 50 more out with the smaller will be nice but I want to do it right and safe.

Da Boost is inbound!!!

That should really run. Looking forward to hearing the results of your first track outing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Quote Originally Posted by gzbs197 View Post
    We had a nice 11.3ish WOT AFR. IAT temps were up as we made pulls close together. The timing was not aggressive. I can't say for sure what the temps were as I don't have a log in front of me.

I took a short drive around the shop and it was night and day compared to before. Getting 40 to 50 more out with the smaller will be nice but I want to do it right and safe.
    Depends on the efficiency of the Whipple and the H.E. The Saleen is fully capable on a very driveable 93 tune tune of making 426 @ 6 psi on 4.6 3V. However that said the Saleen (series VI) 2.3 was a pretty darned efficient twin screw design that is sadly out of production now.

IAT2 temps are everything. Manage that and you can make power. Manage it not, and you generate heat soak which robs power and if smartly tuned pulls timing above about 135F (IAT2) on a PD setup.

You mentioned IAT relocation. Are you suggesting that the setup is not monitoring IAT temps after the Intercooler?

My bad on the WOT AFR it was 11.8 steady. The IAT is being done at the MAF . I need to relocate it to the manifold so it's after the blower. Should have done it on install.

Quote Originally Posted by gzbs197 View Post
    My bad on the WOT AFR it was 11.8 steady. The IAT is being done at the MAF . I need to relocate it to the manifold so it's after the blower. Should have done it on install.
    It's your investment. Far be it from me to offer advice or to suggest re-reading banish's book on FI for PD setups. The numbers and setup indicate the car is being setup like its a turbo or centri setup. PD displacement setups are different creatures. And with no IAT monitoring the inlet temp after the compression of the inlet air and the intercooling process you have no idea what your IAT temps are.

Best of luck to you.

That is how the stock Whipple is setup. There is no after blower IAT unless you do it unless they are providing it somewhere in the heat exchanger setup. That's why I said I need to do it.

Yep it is my investment not only in money but time as well.
    I don't feel it is being setup like a centri or turbo car but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The track will tell how well the setup does. Hope to hit TnT at Kilkare on Thursday to make a few hits.

Getting my wideband wired into the analog on the X4 today and putting the mufflers back on it.

Tune is safe and he has orders to put the iat downstream

whatever..........

IAT relocation kit is ordered and will be in my hands on Weds. Also am going to change out to 3.55's. Anyone interested in a set of lightly used FRPP 4.10's

IAT relocation complete. It was hot today but driving around town in the afternoon and on the highway I would see IAT's ranging from 100/108 when driving to 128/130 when stopped. Temps started falling when moving. The IAT is installed in the manifold on drivers side intake runner so it is after the blower.

1.6221 60 ft 7.47 @ 91.34 in the 1/8th 1st pass off the trailer at Pacemakers followed up with a 1.60 60ft 7.48 @ 91.19 in the 1/8th 2nd pass 30 mins later. Still have 4.10's so getting traction is a bit of an issie

That should make for a nice 11.6 pass in the 1/4. Very nice. As much as you race that car i think i would keep the 4.10 and figure out how to increase grip. If you crank up the blower later you may need a 3.90 or 3.73. But it looks like its pretty happy where you are now.

#2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
    That should make for a nice 11.6 pass in the 1/4. Very nice. As much as you race that car i think i would keep the 4.10 and figure out how to increase grip. If you crank up the blower later you may need a 3.90 or 3.73. But it looks like its pretty happy where you are now.

Thanks!!!! It was a blast at PDP today listening to the Whipple whine during the passes!!! I had a blast , the car felt really strong even when it was super hot later and I lost 0.2 tenths due to high IAT's Those 1st to run's IAT's were about 116ish but the last couple of runs when the outside temp climbed to high 80's low 90's and we had waits in staging - my IAT's were up in the 130 to 140 range so it was pulling timing like it should have. Next upgrade will be a better heat exchanger than what I have or maybe add some fans to this one to tie me over. I need to find a fan or two to put on the car in the pits as well to help cool it down.

Thread Information