Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Toy. 17 Ecoboost Premium

The regal is nice car also. I just like extra room you get in a fusion vs a Regal. I wouldn't mind a new Fusion Sport. 2.7 Turbo and tune wouldn't make it pretty quick sleeper.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post
    The regal is nice car also. I just like extra room you get in a fusion vs a Regal. I wouldn't mind a new Fusion Sport. 2.7 Turbo and tune wouldn't make it pretty quick sleeper.
    The seats in the Regal were like sitting on leather covered plywood. Ride and road noise were about the same in both, but the Fusion felt like a midsize car with some plushness and comfort while the Regal simply looked the part. The Fusion we found had everything a Titanium has except the upgraded leather vice standard leather, remote start, and a rear spoiler. plus it had remote entry pad/GPS/climate control/heated seats/paddle shift for the eurotrash novice, etc. The only thing it lacked that the Regal has was a passenger side seat that would raise and lower.

Surprising the Regal was noisy. Buicks are typically super quiet.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post
    Surprising the Regal was noisy. Buicks are typically super quiet.
    Yip. The 2003 Regal we had was super comfortable and very quiet. Too bad it got T-boned by some ding bat who ran a red light.

My sister had a 03 Buick Lesabre that died the same death. It was super comfortable.
    Joe

I have a 2001 LeSabre and it rides like a Caddy! Still to this day one of the smoothest cars I've drove.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Have to get it up on my dyno.
    I wonder if it would do better than my ST....
    "The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Congrats on the new ride!

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Have to get it up on my dyno.
    Yes lets do that. I need to get an intercooler very soon. The heat soak on the factory one is terrible.

I find it very strange to be talking about a 4cyl motor and large torque numbers at the same time. This thing has great mid range and it is just strange.
    TIM

2017 Mustang Ecoboost 4cyl automatic

11.94 @ 115

4 cylinder cars can surprise. I pulled 442 ft-lbs of torque on my srt4 on Cincy Speeds dyno. Maybe it could of made more but the stock clutch was slipping.
    Joe

Mine made more torque at the tire than a Coyote motor that was there the same day. I was amused. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Tjs-1hT9U

Those ST can make some good power. There was a guy with 2015 making 410 whp but it was on aftermarket turbo setup on another dyno day. All I got out my Stock Turbo on my Srt-4 was 285whp 373ft-lbs of torque. I went to stage 3 turbo which got me the bigger torque number.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by RACEME View Post
    Yes lets do that. I need to get an intercooler very soon. The heat soak on the factory one is terrible.

I find it very strange to be talking about a 4cyl motor and large torque numbers at the same time. This thing has great mid range and it is just strange.
    Just let me know.

I am interested in your results. I have been thinking of an ecoboost with a full Steeda suspension.

FINALLY getting around to messing with this car. I got pretty distracted with flipping Copart cars. Went to the track a couple weeks ago. Not a great outing. Made 4 passes all with mistakes by me. This thing has too many buttons and switches to play with. First pass did not realize that with track mode (shifter in sport) it requires you to shift with the paddles. Hit the rev limiter in 1st and aborted. Second pass forgot to turn off traction control. (went 13.6). Third pass was way too much boost using the transbrake to launch on street tires. Just blew the tires off. Fourth pass I gripped the wheel tighter on launch and bumped the paddle shifter right into second gear. (Went 13.22@105) Then it rained and I loaded it up.

This was all done with the Cobb accessport on stage 1 tune. Only other mods are a Levels intercooler, drop in filter. Running 93 gas.

Now..... I have signed up with Tune+ for lifetime tuning as well as the transmission tuning. I have bought a cat-less downpipe, custom wastegate actuator, and ET street R tires. I also got one of the ethanol test kits so once we get the 93 octane tune finalized we can go E30 and let it rip.
    Last edited by RACEME; 06-28-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    TIM

11.94 @ 115

You will get there, just keep at it!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Downpipe and wastegate actuator is on. Loaded the initial tune from Adam at Tune+. This thing is waaay faster now. Need to get the catch can on tonight and start datalogging so we can get the 93 tune finalized. Then on to the E30 tuning. Adam advised me not to race it until the tune is finished. The transmission tune is also really good. Totally different car with just a few parts.
    TIM

11.94 @ 115

Just received the final 93 tune. Hopefully we can get the E30 tune completed quickly. Either way I'm planning to head back to Edgewater next Friday the 19th.
    TIM

11.94 @ 115

Quote Originally Posted by RACEME View Post
    (Went 13.22@105)
    Guess I need to stop trolling Ecoboost Mustangs on the highway in the Focus ST, lol

Tim with your mods what kind of mpgs are you pulling on the highway?
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Thread Information