Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NMRA World Finals Bowling Green - Sept 28th - Oct 1st

NMRA World Finals Bowling Green - Sept 28th - Oct 1st

So I am heading down to Bowling Green for the NMRA World Final's . I am heading out on Thursday sometime and will be at the track on Friday in the AM to pit and get going. Currently #8 in points in FM and looking to move up and finish strong. Since I should have the Whipple done and tested I might see about getting an invite to the Limited Street Class they are having.

Dont forget to check it out on Speedvision as well!!!

My plan is to be there.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

I'm going.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

awesome - when are you guys heading down? where you plan on pitting at or do you want to convoy?

I'm not sure how it's going to work out yet, we're still working out the details.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

I may go to watch Saturday. Depends on if any of my group decides to go down. No way I will run down there again after last season.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    I may go to watch Saturday. Depends on if any of my group decides to go down. No way I will run down there again after last season.
    What class did you run in?

I believe Chad ran in the True Street category, they were the last to go for everything.

I'm looking at the Open Comp category, something that is E.T. based for now. The plan is to be there Friday for Testing and to race on Saturday, planning on camping at this moment.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Quote Originally Posted by chad393na View Post
    What class did you run in?
    True Street. It was a cluster fudge. We were herded to three locations before the track people and NMRA officials finally got it together on where the driver meeting was to be held. Unlike other TS class events earlier in the season there was no common TS area to pit. We were then limited to one qualifying pass, and the competition was reduced to two passes vice three. The last pass took place close if not after midnight. The awards banquet and activities were rescheduled for Sunday...I wasn't staying for Sunday. Getting registered turned out to be a feat in and of itself as the person at the drivers gate entrance gave me bad 411 which had me scrambling back and forth to get registered.

Granted rain Friday prior had some effect on the event, but in my humble opinion the majority of the problem was caused due to poor management between track staff and NMRA staff running the events.

I plan on running Ford Muscle and True Street. I just did get an invite to the Limited Street Class for BG!!! Hopefully the weather cooperates .
    Last edited by gzbs197; 09-05-2017 at 12:25 PM.

I will be headed down early Friday morning in time to be there when the gates open. I'm hoping to not get the boot for not having a roll bar.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    I will be headed down early Friday morning in time to be there when the gates open. I'm hoping to not get the boot for not having a roll bar.
    You will be fine if you run TS. Plenty of cars in the 10's and nothing was said last season. It is after all the last big blow out of the NMRA season.

just dont be like the idiot in Atlanta that tech'd in for 11's and ran 9's. they are a little more strict now because of that.

They barely looked at my car in Columbus for True Street. Checked the helmet and that was it. Didn't even look at the dates on the harness.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by redfirepearlgt View Post
    True Street. It was a cluster fudge. We were herded to three locations before the track people and NMRA officials finally got it together on where the driver meeting was to be held. Unlike other TS class events earlier in the season there was no common TS area to pit. We were then limited to one qualifying pass, and the competition was reduced to two passes vice three. The last pass took place close if not after midnight. The awards banquet and activities were rescheduled for Sunday...I wasn't staying for Sunday. Getting registered turned out to be a feat in and of itself as the person at the drivers gate entrance gave me bad 411 which had me scrambling back and forth to get registered.

Granted rain Friday prior had some effect on the event, but in my humble opinion the majority of the problem was caused due to poor management between track staff and NMRA staff running the events.
    Yea but we did get free pizza while waiting in line! It sucked they moved it out of the circle track, I hope we are back there this year.

I'm pretty sure that was the biggest car count ever in True Street so that is going to cause problems. It was better than the year before when I go no test and tune passes and only 2 passes in True street before leaving the track at 7:00 PM on Sunday.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by chad393na View Post
    Yea but we did get free pizza while waiting in line! It sucked they moved it out of the circle track, I hope we are back there this year.
    They did do one thing right that night. Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was the biggest car count ever in True Street so that is going to cause problems. It was better than the year before when I go no test and tune passes and only 2 passes in True street before leaving the track at 7:00 PM on Sunday.
    Wow. I didn't think it could get worse than last year Cam. And it was the largest class for TS or any NMRA class ever. Maybe this year they will be better prepared.

looks like a dry event at the moment according to local BG weather predictions.

I'll be rolling out about 9:00 AM tomorrow.

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Thread Information