Thread: Did I miss anything?

Did I miss anything?

Holy hell its been a long time. I had to take a break from the car for awhile. Started knocking last year so I thought the engine was gone. Let it sit since I had 2 other projects going on at the same time. Finally got my truck I'm restoring ready to go to the body shop so that freed up some time to work on the car. Just for shits and giggles I wanted to change the oil out to see if it'd even quiet down the knock.

It didn't.

What I realized is I had forgotten it still had that POS piggyback underdrive system on it and the crank pulley had loosened up, causing it to rattle against the crank and making it sound like a lower end knock. So basically it sat for a year because I needed to tighten 3 bolts up...

The bad (or good) thing is when I took it around the block afterwards it ran great. No more random misfire and pulled really hard. Misfire still comes back every now and then but I think I've narrowed it down to a couple bad injectors. That's what I get for buying used. Also forgot I had a 31 spline conversion kit that I found again after cleaning the garage out along with a SSBC big brake kit for the rear. So that's what I'll be tackling next.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Who the heck is that???? Why its The Great Pumpkin LOL! Welcome back stranger.

Welcome back!!!!

Sometimes all it takes is stepping a way for a minute to only find out how minor it really was! Good to hear that's all it was.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Welcome back. Hope your car fets back on the road soon.

Welcome Back! I can understand stepping away for awhile.

Let's see Bruce Jenner is a now a woman, snowflakes are offended by everything, fidget spinners have come and gone and Trump is President.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Didn’t see you at any cars and coffee this year. Glad you got it figured out man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2001 Cobra Sold

1992 Mustang GT 80k M.I. couple bolt on's.

Thanks everyone. Yeah I want to make a couple of C&C either with the truck or the Mustang but it just wasn't in the cards this year I guess. Next month it will be getting some new injectors and a tune along with that axle kit. I want to make sure she's ready to go next year so I can take her down the track a couple times for a base line before the major surgery begins.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Holy hell, there's a lot of people in this thread that haven't posted in awhile. Welcome back!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Thread Information