Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Edgewater

Dtony I didn't realize you hurt your car there. Did you make it home ok? Sorry to hear that.

There was a fox body mustang that stood up on the bumper that hit the wall also. Hope it wasn't any of you guys.

I didnt expect to run a good 60 that day. I usually have better luck hooking there during a Sunday race day where they actually prep the track.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by NO SHOT View Post
    I plan to go tomorrow and make a few passes. I haven't been down the track in about four years. I'm excited. I bought us a family car 2012 SRT 8 Superbee Charger gonna play around in it . It feels pretty good!
    Hey man how have you been? How did the SRT run?

I agree especially this time of year! I would imagine that more people would show if the track prep was done.

I don't think they even prep for any test n tune. Its always a greasy track. Just ask Shayne and Chad!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    I don't think they even prep for any test n tune. Its always a greasy track. Just ask Shayne and Chad!
    I don't make enough power to worry about prep....

But you got a good view off what it causes when they don't prep.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

But you got a good view off what it causes when they don't prep.
    I did at that. Sure wish some rich retiree or rich web business entrepreneur would buy the Tristate property and open it up.

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post
    Dtony I didn't realize you hurt your car there. Did you make it home ok? Sorry to hear that.

There was a fox body mustang that stood up on the bumper that hit the wall also. Hope it wasn't any of you guys.

I didnt expect to run a good 60 that day. I usually have better luck hooking there during a Sunday race day where they actually prep the track.
    Yeah fortunately I trailered the car. I almost drove it!!!

When the blower went I just cut the belt and was able to load it on the trailer. I have tons of parts and 2 motors. I think I am going to try something different.
    2011 5.0 with a couple turbos.
    Best ET 8.87 lifting....

Quote Originally Posted by adragon72 View Post
    Hey man how have you been? How did the SRT run?
    Been good buddy how about you?
    The Superbee went a 12.55 @112 I was really impressed I didn't know they ran like that!!
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013
    Fall 2011 Cincy Speed SCS Winner

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post

The fox body that hit the wall was Dennis Duvall . He was ok but the car took a whooping.
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013
    Fall 2011 Cincy Speed SCS Winner

I have been doing well. I didn't think that the SuperBee would run like that either congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by NO SHOT View Post
    Been good buddy how about you?
    The Superbee went a 12.55 @112 I was really impressed I didn't know they ran like that!!

I thought they prepped for the slick guys but your probably right. Its kind of sad considering the $25 TNT.

Quote Originally Posted by adragon72 View Post
    I thought they prepped for the slick guys but your probably right. Its kind of sad considering the $25 TNT.
    They "prep" if you wish to call it prep at some point. A bug sprayer with prep sprayed from the 60ft back is their idea of prepping. I have seen the track drug on a TT night twice in all the times I have been there over the years. I have seen the truck that sprays prep on the whole track out maybe 10 times on a TT night all of the years I have been going there.

Hearsay has it that a VP rep came in there years ago and tried to show Dick how to properly prep the track. Dick refused to listen and the VP rep threw up his hands in frustration and left.

However an unprepped or rarely and poorly prepped track I guess, is better than no track at all.

I miss tristate but I don't want travel any further to run my vehicle. I'm glad we at least have Edgewater.
    Joe

Thread Information