Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you think of the shootout and the challenge list in general?

What did you think of the shootout and the challenge list in general?

For this past year?

The last shootout was pretty good. I liked how most of the races was very close.

The final shoot out is always a blast. Its so hard to get everyone together each week so we can do it more often. Id like to see a few happen at Kilkare too.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Seems kind of willy nilly that anyone can be called out. If its gonna stay like that, ranking makes no sense. Should just keep an individual record for the season. Like 8 wins/2 losses, then rank based upon win percentage taking into consideration the total number of races. That way everyone has a shot. Not just race cars.

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    The final shoot out is always a blast. Its so hard to get everyone together each week so we can do it more often. Id like to see a few happen at Kilkare too.
    It would be nice to have one of these at KK. Too bad they treat street cars so poorly there for open TT events. After my one and only experience two years ago I would never go back there for an open TT event again.

I think that there should be some limit to how far above current position you can call out. And maybe the 12 spot should be the gatekeeper. Anyone wanting on the list should have to beat #12. Or we just go to the one spot at a time concept. It seems like the list currently has guys that are running their cars most weeks somewhere so it should not be as difficult to make it happen. And maybe the final running could be a day where we run a tournament style using the list place as the seeds and final winner gets the purse. Like a cash days on the street outlaws. Only for $20 to run per person or something. Could be interesting. But the reality is it was fun and if it stays as it was i will continue to enjoy it. Thanks for organizing this. It is the most enjoyable racing i get to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by S281SC; 11-08-2017 at 09:43 PM.
    #2 - 2020 DD Challenge List

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage
    2000 Saleen S281SC - factory "stock"

A final run for the dough is a nice idea. This may provoke more interest AND movement within the list as well.

Then we can take the money from Shayne!!!!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thanks for looking out for me buddy... Lol
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

I agree with the concept of #12 being the gatekeeper. I also like the concept of the final run being a tournament style with a prize at the end. Having it at KK would be great for me as well since it is a closer drive. I heard a rumor that Thursday night lights will be starting back up there in 2018.

I wish the KK TnT's were giving more than 3 runs to Street cars for sure. Or there is always Mexico!!!

The idea of calling out whoever and wherever on the list was originally conceived to generate movement within the list as I recall. I see no reason to mess with this. It shakes up the list and minimizes blocking of positions like you see happen on Street Outlaws at times. So two things happen. #1 the guy not on the list making the call out wins, moving the list from the spot down a notch. This bumps the #12 guy and forces him/her to make a decision to make a call out or stay off the list. Much better creation of activity than having a gate keeper concept that requires a person to beat the #12 spot before being able to call out someone.

I think there should be something done about people who get on the list and then refuse to take themselves off when they are broken or no longer active. A failure to appear by a new comer (happened to me at least twice in 2016) calling out a person to get on the list should lose that right after so many no shows. An on deck list of 2-3 for over flow of people holding the 12 spot and are bumped can be brought back on the list immediately if such a situation takes place. After all it should be the broken down vehicle unable to defend that gets penalized not the person who was bumped simply because a broken car higher on the list held a spot until someone called them out and they conceded. Hope that makes sense.

Call outs should be made officially public throughout the year on the website. Last minute callouts by some on looker on any given night who has been sitting back stalking should not be considered official. That call out if the placeholder wishes to honor it must then be made for another night and also be made officially on the website. I had a member try to call me out several years ago who is seldom if ever seen on the site after i had already made 2 or 3 runs on the list that night. I refused to run him. Ain't got the balls to call a person out publicly then you have no place on the list. That's how I see it.

Last - ON more than one occasion I have been called out, I have showed up, only to have the person calling me out not show. I will no longer accept callouts made by people who are no-shows who have no respect to call/text/post prior to knowing they won't be coming. A breakdown the day of on the way is the exception to that statement. I respect and understand that. But just to decide not to show after making the call out only to arrive and the person not be there is BS and inconsiderate regardless of the reason.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 11-09-2017 at 10:12 AM.

I think to have the list generate more activity it would need to have a regularly scheduled shootout either monthly or bi monthly perhaps? I know that would be a scheduling nightmare at times since you have NMRA and other series that people race in but that would seem to be the best way to generate activity and interest to me.

I prefer racing at Muncie on Fridays due to the track is better and the chance at winning $400 in the Heads up Index's but they are looking to move that to Saturday's I think in 2018 to get more people to come so that opens up Friday's for me.

I agree that people not taking themselves off the list due to inactivity or breakage needs to be addressed and having a regular scheduled list night would fix that along with no shows.

And yes having the call out's on the site does promote interest as well. Perhaps we need to step up the game a bit too and have someone film the process and post it? That would help as well potentially. Just some ideas while I sit here at work bored on my early morning conference call .
    Last edited by gzbs197; 11-09-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    LS Swapped - Locally hated now

Yes a bimonthly or at least mid season meeting of the list and those seeking to get on it would be a good idea if it could be handled accordingly in addition to the final run shakeup.

My reason for the one spot per challenge is it gives incentive to race through the year not just call out somebody on the final running. It gives no value to racing throughout the year. The point should be to get together more often. So my vote would be one spot per challenge and having a kick off running with everybody and a mid year running.

But i would like to reiterate that i enjoy it as is and will continue to race. I would like more people coming out to join when we do.

1997 Cobra - C heads, Cams, Sullivan intake, long tubes, homemade cai, 4.30, strange axles, e85, chromoly cage

I would like to see a few shoot outs through out the year. Even if just 3. But still, that would keep the same 8 people showing up. Even then, its still a good time.

Im all for throwing a 20 in a pot and having a run for it. Shayne wont be able to win them all!!! The track is the deciding factor as we saw even though it came back around later in the day.

As much as I like the track (surface) at Kil-Kare, we could never get one off there like we did at Edgewater. We did one there and it wasn't bad but the car count was lower. Trying it later in the summer would surely prove to be a disaster as Chad knows. Plus there is no tree's, no shade, and they cater to the bracket cars. We have the perfect spot at Edgewater really. Keeps us all close.

We just need to keep at it, try to draw in more people, and race! Those that didn't make it out all year, shouldn't be on the list. Nothing against anyone but its just sitting stagnant.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Maybe with a 20 spot per person in the til providing a 1st and runner up pot would draw people to come out. Money has an effect on events in that way.

I sure wish Tristate would have come back to life. That was a great place for events like this. I just hated that grassy center which I had the unfortunate privilege of getting into once when I got lose there. But no reason on talking about what could've been or wishing for what could be.

I'm just happy we all left last Saturday with running cars and on our own heartbeats.
    Last edited by redfirepearlgt; 11-09-2017 at 10:45 PM.

I like this seems odd to come in mid to late season and call out just anyone.

If your going to leave it the same maybe add that any newcomers have to call out number 12 for there first race. Then they can call out any spot. (I think my first call out was for 8)

As for spot blocking that seems simple don't allow it. If you call out some one and they can/wont race that weekend they loose there spot. weather permitting of course.

I hope to have my crap lined out for next season! I was so pissed to not make this final day! Damn exhaust leaks I think I have the issue figured out now too long of exhaust bolts with my turbo kit.

When does the next season start march?

Quote Originally Posted by S281SC View Post
    My reason for the one spot per challenge is it gives incentive to race through the year not just call out somebody on the final running. It gives no value to racing throughout the year. The point should be to get together more often. So my vote would be one spot per challenge and having a kick off running with everybody and a mid year running.

But i would like to reiterate that i enjoy it as is and will continue to race. I would like more people coming out to join when we do.

Starts as soon as the tracks open back up. Gonna be a long winter...
    1992 Gould GT project...

My car is already under new construction, this winter will be busy. Lol
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4You View Post
    My car is already under new construction, this winter will be busy. Lol
    Was there anything you found that caused your sharp left turn at the 100’ mark? Or do you think just damp cold track?

Thread Information